Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Giving up on waiting

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 08:00 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 996 Likes on 592 Posts

My bike has plenty of power, I like my good hearing, and I couldn't care less if people look at me when I ride by. So I'm an opponent of the headpipe.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:01 AM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Do it

Old 02-11-2018, 09:44 AM
CageyKG
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by sixguns
Just open that thing up and put a cam in it now! and enjoy your bike Now! Because waiting 10K dont mean a thing, Mine took a crap at 15,500 miles.
Pony up for the latest oil pump while in there and awaay you go.
THIS.

I am doing another cam swap and my local mechanic said that he wouldn't even charge me labor to swap out the oil pump since he'll be in there already. So for an extra $60 I'll have the upgraded pump in mine (my bike was made in 2016, so I have the original pump).

The following users liked this post:
PistolPete83 (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 09:47 AM
CageyKG
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
My bike has plenty of power, I like my good hearing, and I couldn't care less if people look at me when I ride by. So I'm an opponent of the headpipe.
The headpipe doesn't necessarily add much noise to the exhaust and I believe the OP was asking because he wants more POWER not noise. Spending $500 just to make things a little louder seems a bit of a waste even for the most die-hard sound-junkie out there.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:57 AM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

mine was flagged and they still fixed it..to be honest i never let the warranty dictate what i want to do...if something happens I figure it out..if i listened to half the things here i wouldn't even bought this bike!!

Last edited by PistolPete83; 02-11-2018 at 09:59 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by PistolPete83:
89Speedy (02-16-2018), bradn (02-11-2018), CageyKG (02-11-2018), Kyle Moore (02-11-2018), lh4x4 (02-14-2018), Wmoor004 (02-13-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-11-2018, 10:08 AM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPete83
mine was flagged and they still fixed it..to be honest i never let the warranty dictate what i want to do...if something happens I figure it out..if i listened to half the things here i wouldn't even bought this bike!!
Why did yours get flagged?

Old 02-11-2018, 10:32 AM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
Why did yours get flagged?
To be honest..i am shot and have the worst memory..so i don't remember what exactly they said but it was surely for my stage one setup... I have a TTS ...headers and exhaust..they told me HD flagged it and wouldn't fix it under warranty..honestly not surprising bc this is what every company does when it comes to warranties..they try every reason to NOT honor it...I have great relationships with my local dealers and I told em straight and it didn't take long for them to fix it, FREE OF CHARGE...This is why I personally don't get the extended warranty ever.. I suggest if warranties are your thing...Ask questions, furthermore get it in writing..talk is cheap!!

Last edited by PistolPete83; 02-11-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Kyle Moore
Road Master
Received 224 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
do you tour a lot of long distances? might be hesitant to kick 18 months of powertrain warranty to the curb if so..

on the other hand if you're not thrilled with the performance and the upgrades will make you happier then life is short so make yourself happy when you can

it's your money and your consequences..think it through and make a decision that you can sleep at night with

I pretty much have stayed in the state, I don't see myself going farther than maybe 500 miles away from home. I probably should just leave it alone because in the last 12 months that I've been a Harley owner I've ridden probably 15,000 miles across the 2 bikes I've had, and I don't plan on riding less. I could always put stretched bags on it and chrome forks and wheels etc. I'm a hot rodder, I've never owned anything I've left stock and its just killin me seeing all these dyno graphs coming out and not being able to do anything to my bike, but then reading about people having problems pop up has me gun shy to give up my warranty. Honestly if I had known about the M8 warranty stuff I would of thought a lot harder about going to an M8. I would of probably tried to find a new 16 Road Glide instead. Its nice to have, but you guys are right, its like they own my bike and it sucks. Matt Laidlaw on youtube test rode a stage 4 street glide with a thunderheader a week or two ago and said they used the Harley smart tune pro to tune it and he didn't think he'd have any trouble getting warranty to cover anything on it since he used the HD tuner, but I really want the PV its half the price. I just hate leaving stuff stock, it sucks haha

Last edited by Kyle Moore; 02-11-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:32 AM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Received 3,082 Likes on 1,263 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Moore
I just hate leaving stuff stock, it sucks haha
I hear ya man...... I have modified just about everything I have ever owned in some form or another. Hell, even my wife isn't stock!

The following users liked this post:
Kyle Moore (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 12:01 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

When I bought the RGS I ordered RCX true dual headers along with Rage Eclipse mufflers, both in black. Also the SE Ventilator and SERT. If I do develop an issue my dealer said I would not have to worry about warranty issue through them. I buy bikes to make ME happy and consequences, however remote they may be are not on my priority list.

I can't feel or justify the need to do additional performance modifications to the bike as it runs beautifully for me. That said, it is the first Harley I ever felt that way about. Now comfort and safety mods such as lights, seats, apes, foot boards and everything else I have done so far are another story altogether. Black forks will probably be ordered this coming week and hope I can slow it down from there.

Quick Reply: Giving up on waiting