I know it's early but: 2019 Colors

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 10:22 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
oh, bike colors..right
Lol, it’s late, I’m slow and man, I’m tired.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:23 AM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior
Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

LMAO..... Just what I needed on a Monday morning. Yeah, the Harley dealers are as tight lipped as the CIA, maybe more so. Youd think this has something to do with national security. No matter to me, I have crossed the threshold of money Ive spent on my bike, I wont be trading in and starting all over again.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:13 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by CPD
..... and all 3 have the same response...they don't see them until the dealer meeting. .
...... and we know that's bullshit.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:10 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,699 Likes on 3,245 Posts

Originally Posted by groupw
...... and we know that's bullshit.
Word. Dealers are just parroting what the MOCO tells them to say.

I've seen color charts posted on this forum as early as mid-April.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:55 PM
goose222
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 79 Posts

I’m telling you guys. I have seen the 19 colors. The next time I get to my dealer I will take some pictures. Just remember what I said. They are going to have a custom color on the RGS,SGS two tone that is called scorched orange and black denim. Like I said, I have seen these colors. What I don’t know is how they are going to paint this combo.
What is real funny is all these dealers you guys are asking are nothing but a bunch of ****ing liars. They got the booklets in there hands and the reason for not showing people is they need to sale the 18 stuff wich has been slow. If people get to look at the 19 colors an$ find something they like they sure as hell ain’t buying an 18 wich is what they need gone long before the 19.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:43 AM
CPD
Cruiser
Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Goose you've got my attention, hope they continue to share the colors with you. I am so on the fence to buy now or just wait till I see what the 19's bring.
Thanks!

Old 04-03-2018, 07:52 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,750 Likes on 1,562 Posts

Originally Posted by goose222
I’m telling you guys. I have seen the 19 colors. The next time I get to my dealer I will take some pictures. Just remember what I said. They are going to have a custom color on the RGS,SGS two tone that is called scorched orange and black denim. Like I said, I have seen these colors. What I don’t know is how they are going to paint this combo.
What is real funny is all these dealers you guys are asking are nothing but a bunch of ****ing liars. They got the booklets in there hands and the reason for not showing people is they need to sale the 18 stuff wich has been slow. If people get to look at the 19 colors an$ find something they like they sure as hell ain’t buying an 18 wich is what they need gone long before the 19.
It's been that way as far as I can remember. The colors are usually out, the dealers say they aren't, yet eventually someone will leak them to the internet like last year, the year before, and the year before, etc.

The question I've always had about this color secrecy deal is why? Why give the dealers the new colors if they don't want them public?
It's not like they have to prepare anything with that knowledge. Basically the color chart is to let people know what's coming, and if that information shouldn't be known until the dealer meeting, why release it in April and then expect dealers to be all quiet about until July/August?

It's like this every year.

Last edited by lp; 04-03-2018 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:43 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
It's been that way as far as I can remember. The colors are usually out, the dealers say they aren't, yet eventually someone will leak them to the internet like last year, the year before, and the year before, etc.

The question I've always had about this color secrecy deal is why? Why give the dealers the new colors if they don't want them public?
It's not like they have to prepare anything with that knowledge. Basically the color chart is to let people know what's coming, and if that information shouldn't be known until the dealer meeting, why release it in April and then expect dealers to be all quiet about until July/August?

It's like this every year.
Perhaps they release the colors early to the dealers so the dealers can be better prepared for ordering color matched parts to match the 19 MY line up release dates. If they waited, then the new bikes came out and THEN they ordered parts like lower fairings or tour packs and such, then customers might have months to wait instead of a few weeks.

Just speculating but it kinda makes sense.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:01 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,468 Likes on 1,565 Posts

The dealers get the new bikes right after the dealer's meeting. They have to order those bikes pretty soon to give the factory time to make them. Need to know what colors are available...

Old 04-03-2018, 08:27 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,662 Likes on 4,478 Posts

there's also a certain %t of 'you get what we send you' going on..dealerships don't get to choose all of what they want obviously

Quick Reply: I know it's early but: 2019 Colors