So is this the cure all for the dumping thing
I hear imodium helps too

The following users liked this post:
Bumpandrun (07-13-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 05:40 PM
nykn72
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Interesting video on YouTube posted today ... andrews Milwaukee eight street glide the good the bad and the ugly posted by Matt laidlaw today . Interesting Andrew says they told him the first generation oil pump went bad ! Maybe this is known information but I was curious have they admitted to a gen 2 oil pump and if so when did Harley start building them into the m8?if this has been covered at great Length ..... my fault 🇱🇷Not sure how to link it so again my fault .

Old 07-13-2018, 05:55 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 556 Likes on 341 Posts

You got to watch the S&S anodized finishes- they had problems with it in the past coming off & being found in the scavenge cavity/ oil passages. Yes there stuff is pretty...……..But it doesn't perform any better, their oil pump provides no more volume flow than HD`s high performance pump - bench tested a lot of their stuff & compared to HD`s & others - there is no real difference!

If you like pretty stuff then buy it - but its not seen so IMO a waste - Pretty in this case does not provide performance! Don't get me wrong its quality stuff - its just not any better - its just pretty!

Old 07-13-2018, 05:56 PM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 440 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by nykn72
Interesting video on YouTube posted today ... andrews Milwaukee eight street glide the good the bad and the ugly posted by Matt laidlaw today . Interesting Andrew says they told him the first generation oil pump went bad ! Maybe this is known information but I was curious have they admitted to a gen 2 oil pump and if so when did Harley start building them into the m8?if this has been covered at great Length ..... my fault ����Not sure how to link it so again my fault .
SB1450 came out in November '17 and it calls for what I think is both a new oil-cooled and a new water-cooled pump.

Last edited by iHodor; 07-13-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:04 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Interesting video on YouTube posted today ... andrews Milwaukee eight street glide the good the bad and the ugly posted by Matt laidlaw today . Interesting Andrew says they told him the first generation oil pump went bad ! Maybe this is known information but I was curious have they admitted to a gen 2 oil pump and if so when did Harley start building them into the m8?if this has been covered at great Length ..... my fault 🇱🇷Not sure how to link it so again my fault .
HD is currently on the 7th generation of oil pumps for the M8 engine.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:13 PM
nykn72
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Anybody with gen 7 having probs ? Is theee a resource to determine dates of implementation?

Old 07-13-2018, 06:38 PM
ronaldrwl
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 229 Posts

OP you got a 4 year warranty anyways?

Old 07-13-2018, 08:01 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Anybody with gen 7 having probs ? Is theee a resource to determine dates of implementation?
I’m not aware of any resource with the release of each oil pump version. I’m not aware of any new reports of M8 engine sumping, at least on this forum, of a bike built after April 2018, but I could be wrong.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:44 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by LXT
You got to watch the S&S anodized finishes- they had problems with it in the past coming off & being found in the scavenge cavity/ oil passages. Yes there stuff is pretty...……..But it doesn't perform any better, their oil pump provides no more volume flow than HD`s high performance pump - bench tested a lot of their stuff & compared to HD`s & others - there is no real difference!

If you like pretty stuff then buy it - but its not seen so IMO a waste - Pretty in this case does not provide performance! Don't get me wrong its quality stuff - its just not any better - its just pretty!
Sorry son. Your lost on so many fronts on that one. For one thing the camplate I pulled out is cast and came running in straight casting no sleeve. No bushing... and already worn on the bottom side of cam hole. Your quoting rumors. Please post pictures of the motors you have pulled apart or tested.....or it simple is just a rumor..No pictures? Crickets.........................

Last edited by Bumpandrun; 07-13-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:46 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Out of curiosity did you check the runout on the bottom end when it was all apart? I wonder if harley has improved the runout spec since the twincam era?

Quick Reply: Wth. Sumpin wrong