Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Road King is 2 years old today

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 10:55 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 776 Likes on 499 Posts

Great job getting that many miles in 2 years congrats. Got my King about 6 weeks after you and only have about 10350 on mine. Your making me jealous lol.

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (09-02-2018)
Old 09-02-2018, 12:27 AM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Received 3,089 Likes on 1,267 Posts

I'm jealous MJ...... I have almost exactly the same mileage on my 2 '17 RK's combined, (2nd one was a MoCo replacement for the 1st one with the "Transfer"), but a lot of my miles are commuting mixed in as well. I WISH they were all pleasure!!

mjwebb (09-02-2018)
Old 09-02-2018, 06:51 AM
89Speedy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
Happy Birthday buddy, here's to many more great times!

Happy Birthday! I'm strongly considering the Road King as my final bike to ride into the sunset...

mjwebb (09-02-2018)
Old 09-02-2018, 08:21 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,612 Likes on 4,455 Posts

Originally Posted by 89Speedy
Happy Birthday! I'm strongly considering the Road King as my final bike to ride into the sunset...
you could do worse! that's where I've been at, less is more..I've gradually downsized in size, weight, infotainment 'noise' and powerful Stage Kits, and settled on the King as the one for me when I got my 15 Rushmore RK..just glad my wife rides her own or I'd have to than lug around a half ton bike with passenger and have a second one for solo rides..if /when I get to the point where my physical condition has me going smaller/loghter I'll probably go back to a Heritage as I really enjoyed riding my 2013

Old 09-02-2018, 08:40 AM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
boy i'll say! we all do what we can to try and balance all the stuff in our hectic lives. hoping your surgeries are a thing of the past and on the road to recovery and good times ahead, and yes, you gotta' find a way to get that road trip in for some fun AND sanity !!!!
I think the surgerys are behind me. Football and acting stupid when i was younger sure has paid its toll. I do hvac for a living so that aint easy either. When me and my wife first met we vowed to never stop riding no matter what. I had a 1200 sporty back then and we road the wheels off it. If we ever get these kids raised and i live long enough were gonna travel all over this country on a sled. She loves it. Her whole family rides and most of mine rides. Which is cool. But when you have 3 kids and really no one to watch them when we arent working it cuts riding down a bunch. My youngest starts school in 2 yrs so maybe that will be the start of a lot of day rides. Ha. Plus the oldest is getting almost old enough to watch her sisters alone while we ride. You can tell i have been planning there future. Haha no just kidding. I love harleys but i love my kids more so it all will work out.
I think some people are just born to ride.. My wife and i are those people. You are to with 26k in two years.

mjwebb (09-02-2018)
Old 09-02-2018, 08:51 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hollandhunter
I think the surgerys are behind me. Football and acting stupid when i was younger sure has paid its toll. I do hvac for a living so that aint easy either. When me and my wife first met we vowed to never stop riding no matter what. I had a 1200 sporty back then and we road the wheels off it. If we ever get these kids raised and i live long enough were gonna travel all over this country on a sled. She loves it. Her whole family rides and most of mine rides. Which is cool. But when you have 3 kids and really no one to watch them when we arent working it cuts riding down a bunch. My youngest starts school in 2 yrs so maybe that will be the start of a lot of day rides. Ha. Plus the oldest is getting almost old enough to watch her sisters alone while we ride. You can tell i have been planning there future. Haha no just kidding. I love harleys but i love my kids more so it all will work out.
I think some people are just born to ride.. My wife and i are those people. You are to with 26k in two years.
enough said right there..glad to hear your body is on the mend, and children are absolutely priority numero uno..and hope you get to live out your dreams cuz you'll have earned the reward for all the sacrifices!

Old 09-02-2018, 08:52 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 773 Likes on 735 Posts

Great Job and nice riding in two years now she broken in.

mjwebb (09-02-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 07:06 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Awesome. I am sure you have posted a full picture of your bike, but can post here? Just wondering what you did to the bike since you bought it. I think I am like you I stopped dumping thousands into my bikes (loud/fast) and am very happy with a few cosmetics and stage 1.

mjwebb (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 07:07 AM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

Nice job racking up the miles. Hope you continue to have many more birthday miles. I will be lucky to get to a little over 2500 in my first year coming up in October.

mjwebb (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 07:45 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by riknbeth
Awesome. I am sure you have posted a full picture of your bike, but can post here? Just wondering what you did to the bike since you bought it. I think I am like you I stopped dumping thousands into my bikes (loud/fast) and am very happy with a few cosmetics and stage 1.
yeah, we learn over time and experience that there's a point of diminishing returns when it comes to spending..makes me sick inside at times to think about how much $$ I've spent over the years! LOL..but gotta' stop looking back..being honest with myself in that from 2000 - 4500 rpms and being a solo rider on the lighter RK, it's got plenty of satisfying get up and go so just keep riding..still have plenty of trips planned this year so thinking 30,000 miles is a possibility to end 2018..anyway..pic..pretty much outfitted for Touring and Stage 1 is it..Lord knows I spend enough on service/maintenance, tires, brakes, gas, food and lodging, etc.

Last edited by mjwebb; 09-03-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Quick Reply: My Road King is 2 years old today