Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Road King is 2 years old today

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 06:46 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

mj, did you opt for an extended warranty? I'm hitting 2 years and have been talking to Jim Palmer. I don't have alot of miles and not totally confident in the bike just yet, so I may pick up a year or two at his great prices.

And congrats on all of those miles man!!! That's awesome. Most of my local buddies like to bar hop, which I hate so I'm stuck to my annual 2,000 mile trip we take some place with "other" buddies who aren't local. We're planning a couple of rides for Sept-Nov all within a 200 mile radius, so I hope to get some more miles.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:23 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,544 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
mj, did you opt for an extended warranty? I'm hitting 2 years and have been talking to Jim Palmer. I don't have alot of miles and not totally confident in the bike just yet, so I may pick up a year or two at his great prices.

And congrats on all of those miles man!!! That's awesome. Most of my local buddies like to bar hop, which I hate so I'm stuck to my annual 2,000 mile trip we take some place with "other" buddies who aren't local. We're planning a couple of rides for Sept-Nov all within a 200 mile radius, so I hope to get some more miles.
thanks, and yes we got additional 5 year ESP each..we've never been extended warranty people but this time around it checked all the boxes for justification

1. we've had our share of problems the first 2 years and the repair costs during the factory warranty period have come close to totaling the cost of the ESPs
2. we love riding them and plan on keeping for several more years at least as they are both paid for and we had the money for ESPs
3. plan to continue racking up lots of miles away from home

basically future proofed peace of mind from having to break out the credit cards..opted for tire and wheel as well as I've had 2 nails that cost me two new rear tires..1 more replacement tire during 5 years and it'll pay for itself, beyond that will save me $$$

sounds like a great price from Jim for an addt'l year or two is a good idea if for no other reason than to not worry about a major powertrain failure..intangible benefits may be that it motivates people to ride more and like they stole it!

Old 09-05-2018, 07:33 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
thanks, and yes we got additional 5 year ESP each..we've never been extended warranty people but this time around it checked all the boxes for justification

1. we've had our share of problems the first 2 years and the repair costs during the factory warranty period have come close to totaling the cost of the ESPs
2. we love riding them and plan on keeping for several more years at least as they are both paid for and we had the money for ESPs
3. plan to continue racking up lots of miles away from home

basically future proofed peace of mind from having to break out the credit cards..opted for tire and wheel as well as I've had 2 nails that cost me two new rear tires..1 more replacement tire during 5 years and it'll pay for itself, beyond that will save me $$$

sounds like a great price from Jim for an addt'l year or two is a good idea if for no other reason than to not worry about a major powertrain failure..intangible benefits may be that it motivates people to ride more and like they stole it!
Same here man........I've never purchased an ext warranty, but not even 'debating' it this time......it's a done deal. I want the peace of mind. And I'm truly happy with my limited, which is crazy because I absolutely hated denim. I remember the day I saw this one, I turned my head sideways and said '''hmmmmm' .........I called my buddy, who was 2 hours away and asked him to come see it because he hated denim too. He pulled up on his RG, looked at the denim and turned his sideways and said 'maaaaaaan' ..............so, I foresee owning this one for a while too.

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 07:38 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
Same here man........I've never purchased an ext warranty, but not even 'debating' it this time......it's a done deal. I want the peace of mind. And I'm truly happy with my limited, which is crazy because I absolutely hated denim. I remember the day I saw this one, I turned my head sideways and said '''hmmmmm' .........I called my buddy, who was 2 hours away and asked him to come see it because he hated denim too. He pulled up on his RG, looked at the denim and turned his sideways and said 'maaaaaaan' ..............so, I foresee owning this one for a while too.
that really is a very sharp color combo

Old 09-05-2018, 12:14 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 776 Likes on 499 Posts

Last night I finally got out for a ride its been awhile but that gave me time to think about your good post here. It actually got me thinking thats a lot of gas fill ups I wonder where mj puts his gas cap on that many fills

Old 09-05-2018, 12:59 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SWMB
Last night I finally got out for a ride its been awhile but that gave me time to think about your good post here. It actually got me thinking thats a lot of gas fill ups I wonder where mj puts his gas cap on that many fills
i just leave it off..same reason i leave my clothes on going to bed, what’s the point, just have to put them on again in a few hours