Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new '18 CVO Limited Sumped

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 04:58 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

It's called the right of reply ,it's a basic premise you may not be able to understand so basically *** off to a forum about your bike or is it you don't have one and feel the need to hang here and bag out something you'll never afford.
You and a few others cheer on the fakers like you want these things to fail,seriously I think it's what you guys want ,it's just petty jealousy.
There are teething problems nothing more but yes it's personal for these poor kunts and I hope it gets sorted for them,

Last edited by badcooky; 09-22-2018 at 05:00 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:12 AM
jclax01
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by badcooky
Actually no one defending the M8 has said what you said not even close ,and by the number of bogus sumping threads that do come up yea , why not challenge everything,at least 50% were bogus, having 2 profiles and one IP was getting pretty common.
Make another profile post up ya bike "sumps"and then never be heard of again , that's the format isn't it, that's the one I found out , and yea where are they now ?I PM'ed a bunch of them, they just disappeared,never to be heard of again.
To me now unless you show me the work number from Harley the before and after pictures,the associated paper work it means nothing to me it's fake news for all I know.
Keep serving it up sheet where you been fuknut the TC has how many recalls to it's name and they're still making recalls for the bucket of schit, a new recall comes out for it with regularity , how many *** ups did those POS have, try to make power and the cranks scissored , check the crank run out on an M8 it's next to nothing.
Seriously where you been the POSchit cam was and is a fuking mess , go to your local HD and see what's being worked on on Monday morning there's the odd M8 in for a sevice or getting a stage kit but there's always a few broken TC from poor **** that bought them 2nd hand with a few miles on them, the owner realized the new noises it made where going to cost money to fix and sold it.Seriously a bike that 2 years after serial production ceased is getting new recalls and how many recalls has the M8 had , so yea the M8 sumping problem is epidemic right but no recalls for it but the POSchit cam is still getting new recalls,HD Au said 1.2% for the M8 sumping and yes there'll be more than that as they do more miles , I get that but if it was epidemic and the sky was falling WOULD THERE NOT BE A RECALL and yes I think there should be a recall myself for the baggers,HD should just do the right thing here.
You know I have been thinking this. I know a ton of M8 owners (and to be clear, I do not know a real sample size of all the M8 owners). But not one has had a sumping issue. One guy I know works as a salesman at Harley and I asked him about it. They haven't had ONE come in with a sumping issue. Asked a tech at another dealership (Doc's Harley Davidson). same answer not one bike has come in with sumping issues. Now I am not saying that sumping is not real, but the number of people that are saying their bikes are sumping does not match what I have personally seen. just my 2 cents

The following users liked this post:
mazz (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 06:27 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by jclax01
You know I have been thinking this. I know a ton of M8 owners (and to be clear, I do not know a real sample size of all the M8 owners). But not one has had a sumping issue. One guy I know works as a salesman at Harley and I asked him about it. They haven't had ONE come in with a sumping issue. Asked a tech at another dealership (Doc's Harley Davidson). same answer not one bike has come in with sumping issues. Now I am not saying that sumping is not real, but the number of people that are saying their bikes are sumping does not match what I have personally seen. just my 2 cents
I went to most every HD on the Eastern seaboard of Australia and when I asked them about sumping most only knew what they had heard from internet junkies and I expected that JClaxter but the 2nd question was about the SB 1450 , if they'd done any sumping engines they would know of that bulletin and that's when the blank stares came in , they most all say 9 out of 10 did not know what SB1450 was and usually we both then went to their PC and they looked it up , the most common thing that happened then was the guy on the PC called over other staff members and they talked about it between themselves and quite a few of them then asked me questions about what was being posted on the forums.
Man most of them did not know at all about the issues first hand.
I get it there is an issue and HD should annie up and recall all the effected baggers.

Last edited by badcooky; 09-22-2018 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:53 AM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,006 Likes on 1,999 Posts

Yes because HD is well known for standing up and admitting there's a problem with their bikes and doing the right thing and issuing a recall...not. Are some of the one and done posters fake??? Maybe but ill bet alot of first timers come here and post some issue and then the attack begins so the bail out. Why stick around? I don't have a bike with an m8 but I do want one. I'm not sure what percentage sump or why...i don't think anybody does but I do know I'll wait until there's a solution for the issues before I give HD my money. In the mean time I'll keep riding my overheating, lifter eating, noisey, cam bearing breaking, crank scissoring, abs brake failing etc 110.

The following 2 users liked this post by Screamin beagle:
Campy Roadie (09-22-2018), jd05flhtci (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 06:53 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,543 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
and the ever popular anecdotal evidence "Mine runs great, you just must have got the one bad one".
well realistically that's a fair statement, to believe otherwise would imply that the majority of them produced have engines that aren't operating/functioning properly. where is evidence that would support that claim?

Campy Roadie (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 08:40 AM
Sethjamto
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Well you guys are blowing my thread side ways......

The dealer picks her up this morning and hopefully I'll know more later today. They are putting their lead mechanic on it and I'll be caging up there later to talk to him in person.

Maybe I f'd up putting the PV on it, maybe I didn't. I trusted (MISTAKE) what they told me about not voiding the warranty. This morning I reverted back to the stock tune - even though from what I've read the MoCo can still see the footprint of the PV being there even with it on the stock tune now.

Crossing my fingers for good news!

The following 2 users liked this post by Sethjamto:
Campy Roadie (09-22-2018), MTBIG G (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 09:42 AM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Sethjamto

The dealer picks her up this morning and hopefully I'll know more later today. They are putting their lead mechanic on it and I'll be caging up there later to talk to him in person.

Maybe I f'd up putting the PV on it, maybe I didn't. I trusted (MISTAKE) what they told me about not voiding the warranty. This morning I reverted back to the stock tune - even though from what I've read the MoCo can still see the footprint of the PV being there even with it on the stock tune now.

I hope your dealer is standup and takes care of this issue. I believe my dealer would but as much as my wife and I tour with our bike I will leave her stock until warranty is up or a fix is out.

mjwebb (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 10:42 AM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 410 Likes on 219 Posts

I don't have an M8, but I do have an opinion (doesn't everyone). I have a 120 in my TC Ultra and cams, pipes, tune and added compression in my CVO Breakout. No drive train issues with either one. So, my opinion on hopping up an engine and voiding the warranty, if you can't afford to play, stay in the bleachers.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:54 AM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior

Received 968 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by Sethjamto

Been there. Hope they get everything resolved. Keep us posted.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:19 AM
Sethjamto
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Bike is at the dealer now. They picked her up a couple hours ago. I'm headed there soon to talk to them in person. A brother of mine went through the same problem with his 114 (pipes and PV) and they took care of him. I'm telling ya'll, my dealer has my back on this. Still sucks it happened though with only 185 miles on the bike! I would have been 2 states away from here by now on a run if this didn't happen!

Quick Reply: Brand new '18 CVO Limited Sumped