CVO sucked me it!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 08:22 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by r-bar-j
Love that color. Congrats!
Wasn't blown away by the color when I first looked at but it grew on me very fast, I love the color out in the sun!

Old 10-21-2018, 08:30 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain
Received 183 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
The plan is not touching anything, just riding, learned my lesson on the 2017. However, I have been looking at the fullsac cvo power cores, it does need a little more sound.
Just put them on my 2019 RG CVO, 2.25, definitely better sound. Although not as loud as any of my other bikes, but I like it for now. They seemed to smooth out the throttle as well, so you can't go wrong with that choice.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:33 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by coopmonte
Just put them on my 2019 RG CVO, 2.25, definitely better sound. Although not as loud as any of my other bikes, but I like it for now. They seemed to smooth out the throttle as well, so you can't go wrong with that choice.
Watched a few videos, install seems kinds like a pain, or maybe I'm just lazy, I didn't know you had to modify the mufflers to put them in.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:33 PM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

The plan is not touching anything, just riding, learned my lesson on the 2017. However, I have been looking at the fullsac cvo power cores, it does need a little more sound.
what went wrong with the 17? Nice bike btw!

Old 10-21-2018, 08:38 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

Watched a few videos, install seems kinds like a pain, or maybe I'm just lazy, I didn't know you had to modify the mufflers to put them in.
To be honest, the hardest part was pulling the pipes off the bike. The rest was simple, do a little grinding, drill a hole, and add the new baffles was very simple. I did paint the inside of mine with High temp paint though, to cut down on the rust, I used 2000 degree paint in black

Last edited by coopmonte; 10-21-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:40 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by hollandhunter
what went wrong with the 17? Nice bike btw!
No problems at all with the 2017, went to check out a dealers new building and the CVO was sitting right in front of the door I walked in and the rest is history, pulled me in like a magnet! My wife says I can't go look at tshirts anymore, lol

Old 10-21-2018, 08:44 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

To be honest, the hardest part was pulling the pipes off the bike. The rest was simple, do a little grinding, drill a hole, and add the new baffles was very simple. I did paint the inside of mine with High temp paint though, to cut down on the rust, I used 2000 degree paint in black
Mine has a bronze/chrome heat shield on the slip on, no one makes a slip on that color and the dealer said the heat shield would not fit aftermarket slip ons, I'm not buying that, the cvo muffler is just a round 4incher, I dont see why the shield would not fit right on a 4 inch aftermarket muffler. That is what got me thinking fullsac but if I knew for sure the shield would fit I would just get a set of 4inch slip ons and be done with it.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:24 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

Mine has a bronze/chrome heat shield on the slip on, no one makes a slip on that color and the dealer said the heat shield would not fit aftermarket slip ons, I'm not buying that, the cvo muffler is just a round 4incher, I dont see why the shield would not fit right on a 4 inch aftermarket muffler. That is what got me thinking fullsac but if I knew for sure the shield would fit I would just get a set of 4inch slip ons and be done with it.
The heat shields will fit any 4" slip on, as long as they are not fluted. I have seen a few put them on 4" Rineharts and CFRs. So your dealer is not telling the whole truth, truth be told they probably just don't know. I do like the Fullsac 2.25 so far, like I said not as loud but not many will be with the M8 and stock head pipe. The fullsac does have a nice deep base sound to them.

Last edited by coopmonte; 10-21-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:31 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

The heat shields will fit any 4" slip on, as long as they are not fluted. I have seen a few put them on 4" Rineharts and CFRs. So your dealer is not telling the whole truth, truth be told they probably just don't know. I do like the Fullsac 2.25 so far, like I said not as loud but not many will be with the M8 and stock head pipe. The full sac does have a nice deep bass sound to them.
yeah I think they just didn't know for sure, I looked and it's not rocket science, round 4incher is a round 4 incher. I may just keep the stockers intact and try some Rineharts or something similar, had 6 sets on my 2017 but never tried those

Old 10-21-2018, 09:53 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

yeah I think they just didn't know for sure, I looked and it's not rocket science, round 4incher is a round 4 incher. I may just keep the stockers intact and try some Rineharts or something similar, had 6 sets on my 2017 but never tried those
If anything I would try the S&S Grand National first. I just put a set of the MK45 on a friends bike and they sounded great, the Grand nationals are the same just not as much base tones, but keeps the low end torque. His was a 2018 SG CVO. Just my opinion of course, low end is why I went with Fullsac.

Last edited by coopmonte; 10-21-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Quick Reply: CVO sucked me it!