Sponsored by:

Clutch Recall Video

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,258 Likes on 3,629 Posts

Originally Posted by Redrodyankneck
I ended up with lots of free play after the clutch recall fix. Can't be good so bikes going back in Sat, the guy doing the recall fix at my shop is not getting another shot. I'll be seeing my go to mechanic.
The clutch recall in July 2016 said that one thing to watch for is too much free play. Air is a possibility and I would bleed it my self but I want the dealership to check it out just in case the other tech introduce some contamination when replacing the seal.

I tried to upload a video of my free play but I need some coaching on how to do that properly.
I would wonder if the guy that did your clutch failed to do the dial indicator check on the clutch side. If you have air in the system. you loose movement in the piston.

Old 11-16-2018, 05:50 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,451 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
His video's would be more watchable if he wasnt behaving like a yutz. Just get to the point, no weird facial expressions, etc. The video could have been about 5 minutes shorter, and much less annoying. Plus I agree, I question his skills and professionalism when performing this service.
I agree with you. He is annoying to watch. He should remember he's a tech, not a comedian, i.e., so cut the attempt at funny stuff, 'cause it ain't funny.
And because of those odd attempts at humor, he comes off like a slack Azz that makes one question if he really knows what he's doing.

Old 11-16-2018, 06:32 AM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 829 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
I would wonder if the guy that did your clutch failed to do the dial indicator check on the clutch side. If you have air in the system. you loose movement in the piston.
I watched, derby cover came off and dial was set up.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:18 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,544 Likes on 4,431 Posts

please report back, will be very interesting to know what went wrong with their procedure, etc...thanks

Old 11-16-2018, 08:27 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Now I wonder what the original travel was. Might have been more . In that case they modified the piston in a manner would change the friction zone. .

Old 11-16-2018, 08:36 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by GOV5
I agree with you. He is annoying to watch. He should remember he's a tech, not a comedian, i.e., so cut the attempt at funny stuff, 'cause it ain't funny.
And because of those odd attempts at humor, he comes off like a slack Azz that makes one question if he really knows what he's doing.
Personally I like the guy. The things to remember is that he's a tech and not an engineer. What you see is what you get here. He's hell of a lot easier to watch the the "fix my hog" guys or the do it yourselfers. At least he gets the stuff right.

The following 2 users liked this post by Max Headflow:
lp (11-16-2018), mjwebb (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 08:43 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,544 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
Personally I like the guy. The things to remember is that he's a tech and not an engineer. What you see is what you get here. He's hell of a lot easier to watch the the "fix my hog" guys or the do it yourselfers. At least he gets the stuff right.
agree..FMG guy sounds like he's using a reader board..at least Maxwell just ad libs, little dry humor and isn't phony..just being himself while explaining and illustrating his agenda

The following users liked this post:
lp (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 08:57 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 773 Likes on 735 Posts

I watch him when i have the time i say he dose a good job with reporting the goods and the bad he’s not a phony at all he has a good since of humor.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:42 AM
KrustyKush
Road Master
Received 431 Likes on 287 Posts

He seems like a nice guy, and I think he's a good mechanic. I wouldn't want him working on my bike, though. Seems sloppy. But in spite of his annoying style, he gets some info out there, and we learned something.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:45 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,275 Likes on 11,144 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnTz
Seems like he is a very sloppy tech. Would be really pissed if all that brake fluid was splashing all over my engine paint etc.
It looked to me like he covered and protected everything,

Originally Posted by rossn2
Noticed no torque wrench was used????
May he just didn’t show that. He also didn’t show fastening up the exhaust back on. Does that mean he didn’t do It?

Last edited by TriGeezer; 11-16-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Clutch Recall Video