Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decent sound with stock headers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 07:45 AM
soonerglide
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 6 Posts

I went the cheap route. Got some CVO mufflers took the baffle out and installed some zombie baffles in them. Also took the cat out of headers. Awesome sounding to me. Did everything myself and saved alot money.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:17 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoginedgewood
I hear a lot of people cutting out the cat and welding the pipes back up. There’s ads on CL to exchange pipes. Had my bike dyno tuned, he told me the factory pipes are better than true duals when it comes to performance.
now we have to start a thread about voiding the factory warranty.
Made it to 6 replies before the 'warranty void police' replied..............

Old 12-21-2018, 10:17 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,624 Likes on 4,462 Posts

Originally Posted by not a sock
Made it to 6 replies before the 'warranty void police' replied..............
in all fairness OP says he has a bone stock M8 and wants better sound and would consider head pipes if that's what it takes...which means SEPST gets kicked to the curb as well..if he would have included he doesn't give a rodent's hindquarters about warranty that would have killed any comments about it on the spot

Old 12-21-2018, 10:24 PM
drcollie
Tourer
Received 314 Likes on 88 Posts

I've had Vance and Hines slip-ons on my Road Glide Special - didn't care for the pitch. Put on a set of S&S Mark 45's (Slip ons) and they're perfect. Not crazy loud, have a deep base and have a great throttle-off rumble when shifting up the gears. No re-tune needed.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:53 AM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

i have the Magnaflow Hitmans 4.5, i get compliments on the very deep rumble from them even with stock headers, since i have installed the Felmoto jackpot 2-1-2 header and the sound got even better, even has a nice snap when i blip the throttle that wasnt there before the headpipe,

Anyway the Hitmans sound very deep , nice at idle and cruising but get on it and sound awesome

Old 12-23-2018, 09:57 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Reinhardt 4.5’s

Old 12-25-2018, 10:22 AM
IndianSummer
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Glad to hear that

Originally Posted by Robtarra39
i have the Magnaflow Hitmans 4.5, i get compliments on the very deep rumble from them even with stock headers, since i have installed the Felmoto jackpot 2-1-2 header and the sound got even better, even has a nice snap when i blip the throttle that wasnt there before the headpipe,

Anyway the Hitmans sound very deep , nice at idle and cruising but get on it and sound awesome
I haven’t picked my 19 Limited up yet. I’m in Pa and it’s in Florida waiting on back ordered bars from Factory 47.... for 2 months! But I put the Hitman 4.5s on already. Went with them on a recommendation from a friend and some people online. I’m sure they’ll sound better than stock but if I’m not getting the volume I want I’ll immediately replace the head pipe. I’m thinking Bassani 2X2. I already replaced the air cleaner and installed the Street Tuner. If needed the head pipe is the last thing I need to make it run and sound like a Harley-Davidson.

Last edited by IndianSummer; 12-25-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:32 AM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
of course, sound, and as you refer to it as "a decent exhaust note" is completely subjective..I'm very pleased with the Street Canons overall sound and performance, others are as well, some not so much, others despise them..and there's tons of all different choices that owners own and report on here with mixed opinions as well
I saw the subject of this thread having the word "Stock"... and thought to myself.... MJ will be the first to reply.. LMAO. I better go buy me a lottery ticket!

Old 12-29-2018, 08:32 AM
mmats69
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a set of SVT Boneshakers on my bike. Very good sound and still radio friendly at speed.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:54 AM
SomeOld Biker
Road Master
Received 268 Likes on 202 Posts

Quick Reply: Decent sound with stock headers?