Sponsored by:

Third gear gone,2018 RKS

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 10:55 PM
sy-shovel
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redtwin
Going through the gears from a stop light on sunday afternoon and grabbed third and there was nothing there but hitting the rev limiter,went to the dealer today to get it in and was told they have four other bikes in for the same thing,also getting recall done.

Has anyone else heard of this problem?
Yep had same problem, stripped ever tooth off third gear, dealer replacing transmission,they finished it this Saturday, hope to get it back this next week

Old 01-14-2019, 12:30 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,173 Likes on 6,217 Posts

I thought this thread was about a transmission failure

Old 01-14-2019, 03:30 AM
swmnkdinthervr
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
I thought this thread was about a transmission failure
It's a mixed thread...a few with 3rd gear troubles and a few with their brain falling out of gear...

Old 01-14-2019, 05:16 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,615 Likes on 5,177 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
Wasn't there something with the early six speeds? I might be wrong.
My 07 Rg came with the 6 speed first year, The word was would not make it around the block. Trans needed to be pulled right away and replace with a baker. Traded that ride at 75,000 miles never a problem. So now one dealer has 5 2018 with 3rd gear gone. Sorry not buying that one either. The only issue I ever saw with the first 6 speeds , some had seal leak issues shifter shaft early on.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:11 PM
psoff
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I used to live in MI Tawas area,Sand lake area
Small world... My best friend is from Tawas/Oscoda area. I use to go up there a lot to visit the ITT plants in Tawas and Oscoda. almost once a week I was there. They are now owned by Cooper Standard Automotive.
Its a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there year around.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:17 PM
psoff
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Your $.02 worth makes a lot of sense,if the person calling everyone a liar would completly read the original post he would relize I was asking about something I was told by the person that was taking my bike in for repair,so I asked if anyone had heard of this and he has turned into a complete sh@% show,BUT I GUESS THATS WHAT YOU GET FROM A GUY THAT DONT EVEN OWN A BIKE!!!
I honestly think he has some mental issues. From some of his other post it's known he has a lot of health issues, but my gut tells me he has more than just physical health issues. I'm not going to even acknowledge he is on this site anymore. I will never reply to his post ever again no mater how much rude and cursing he does. Hopefully he gets some help 1 day.

The following 2 users liked this post by psoff:
LXT (01-15-2019), redtwin (01-14-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 06:34 PM
redtwin
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by psoff
I honestly think he has some mental issues. From some of his other post it's known he has a lot of health issues, but my gut tells me he has more than just physical health issues. I'm not going to even acknowledge he is on this site anymore. I will never reply to his post ever again no mater how much rude and cursing he does. Hopefully he gets some help 1 day.
I'm with you on that one!!!

Old 01-14-2019, 09:06 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by psoff
His buffet bandit blow brother Webb (albeit) a bit more refined, will be along shortly to chime in dismissing all HD issues. Two peas in a pod.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:57 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,543 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by oleboy
His buffet bandit blow brother Webb (albeit) a bit more refined, will be along shortly to chime in dismissing all HD issues. Two peas in a pod.
keep in mind folks when I posted about breather tubes causing oily residue mess in ACs good oleboy said the problem doesn't exist, I made it up and it isn't real..this is who/what we're dealing with here..he got called out by folks on that piece of stupidity

Last edited by mjwebb; 01-14-2019 at 09:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Oz Dan (01-15-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 11:14 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Post up some of those Evel Knievel pictures.

Quick Reply: Third gear gone,2018 RKS