Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sumping Warranties let's see them.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 01:38 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by Oz Dan

......no offence mate but I and many here I suspect have no interest in reading your experience ad infinitum on this and every other conceivable website you seem to post on over and over again. Back on topic, this thread asked for paperwork, yet all it contains is wah wah wah about all sorts of ****......but still no paperwork.

I couldn’t care less if some bikes sump, transfer, vibrate, turn purple or grow **** frankly........I was interested to see if any paperwork turned up for this “common issue/ design flaw”. Guess I’ll check back in another 5 pages......
So if you have “no interest in reading about my experience” stop whining and do somehing about. You know how to use the ignore list. Trying using it. I promise I won’t be offended.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:52 PM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by mjwebb
see if I understand all this as here we are in 2019.... so you sold your last M8, which hadn't sumped, no longer own an M8....but remain committed to your crusade in 2019 to continue to 'help' others become more educated on the matter, which from what I gather is more of the same ol same stuff you've been typing on here for a loooooong time, which is in part, a lot of doom and gloom fear mongering in reality that will only affect a relatively small few in the scope of production numbers...we all know for fact it's a real documented problem, but your continuing messages that often implies it's not if, but when for some isn't of much value since you don't have a solution.....hey, freedom of speech and if that's how you want to choose to spend your time and all....
Sheer nonsense. I’ve never implied anything. I’ve stated facts. I’ve never implied sumping is widespread. In fact I’ve stated very clearly that sumping likely occurs in the range of single digit % of M8 engines. And I’ve never stated otherwise.

You’re exactly right... I’ll decide how I spend my time and I’ll also decide what comments I wish to post within the rules of the forum. And frankly you post far more on HDForums than I do, so I think you might consider how your advice applies to your own “freedom of speech” before worrying about how others use their time.

Last edited by Heatwave; 01-19-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:57 PM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior

Received 968 Likes on 556 Posts

see if I understand all this as here we are in 2019.... so you sold your last M8, which hadn't sumped, no longer own an M8....but remain committed to your crusade in 2019 to continue to 'help' others become more educated on the matter, which from what I gather is more of the same ol same stuff you've been typing on here for a loooooong time, which is in part, a lot of doom and gloom fear mongering in reality that will only affect a relatively small few in the scope of production numbers...we all know for fact it's a real documented problem, but your continuing messages that often implies it's not if, but when for some isn't of much value since you don't have a solution.....hey, freedom of speech and if that's how you want to choose to spend your time and all....
mjwebb, no doubt this sumping discussion is beyond old and in my opinion a dead horse. Have to remember who started this stupid thread and the premise, "provide paperwork or it didnt happen". If thats not meant to offensively stir ****, what is? The OP is simpy trolling and people are taking the bait.... on both sides.

Last edited by MTBIG G; 01-19-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:56 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,376 Likes on 2,625 Posts

Originally Posted by MTBIG G
"provide paperwork or it didnt happen". If thats not meant to offensively stir ****, what is? The OP is simpy trolling and people are taking the bait.... on both sides.
Its pointless, moronic, juvenile and annoying, like the rest of the crap he posts.

Old 01-19-2019, 03:56 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,742 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave

Sheer nonsense. I’ve never implied anything. I’ve stated facts. I’ve never implied sumping is widespread. In fact I’ve stated very clearly that sumping likely occurs in the range of single digit % of M8 engines. And I’ve never stated otherwise.

You’re exactly right... I’ll decide how I spend my time and I’ll also decide what comments I wish to post within the rules of the forum. And frankly you post far more on HDForums than I do, so I think you might consider how your advice applies to your own “freedom of speech” before worrying about how others use their time.
Your reality is something.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:29 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,605 Likes on 4,452 Posts

my only point is..we're into year 3 of speculating on root cause and subsequent permanent solutions..still just rehashing and restating symptoms and restating SB1450 step by step sumping determination procedure..at this point it's just common sense, if your bike starts misbehaving, crapping out on you whether it's compensator, molecular twangulator, high flutenator, or the myriad of things that can and will go wrong. you pull off the road to investigate and take necessary next steps to get if fixed...but HW seems to be on a mission to perpetuate the rehashing indefinitely to anyone new who is inquisitive..folks read this, lose perspective, let paranoia run amuck, don't buy bikes and/or buy one and post here about how they are afraid to take their perfectly fine running bike on a long road trip because of what they read here...in the meantime only time will reveal if the new seal they added makes a difference

as far as "Sheer nonsense. I’ve never implied anything "

"to guys that haven’t experienced it ... YET! "

just one of many emphatically implied comments that comes across as ...'just wait and see'

perception is reality and a lot of folks perceive your comments as impending doom and gloom awaits the unwary

re: "And frankly you post far more on HDForums than I do, so I think you might consider how your advice applies to your own “freedom of speech” before worrying about how others use their time."

correct, I'm not laser focused and obsessed with a single topic like you

Last edited by mjwebb; 01-19-2019 at 04:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mjwebb:
Oz Dan (01-19-2019), Peter Quinn (01-20-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 05:03 PM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior

Received 968 Likes on 556 Posts

..at this point it's just common sense, if your bike starts misbehaving, crapping out on you whether it's compensator, molecular twangulator, high flutenator, or the myriad of things that can and will go wrong. you pull off the road to investigate and take necessary next steps to get if fixed...
Yep. Totally agree.
Will also add that when my 17 FLTRU crapped out I had 3 choices: keep the bike after repairs, go back to a twin cam - was looking at a low mileage all stock 16 FLTRU CVO, or get a new M8 Touring. For various reasons, ended up with another M8 and ain't looking back.

Just wish these antagonist sumping threads would go the way of the dodo.

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 05:26 PM
Heatwave

my only point is..we're into year 3 of speculating on root cause and subsequent permanent solutions..still just rehashing and restating symptoms and restating SB1450 step by step sumping determination procedure..at this point it's just common sense, if your bike starts misbehaving, crapping out on you whether it's compensator, molecular twangulator, high flutenator, or the myriad of things that can and will go wrong. you pull off the road to investigate and take necessary next steps to get if fixed...but HW seems to be on a mission to perpetuate the rehashing indefinitely to anyone new who is inquisitive..folks read this, lose perspective, let paranoia run amuck, don't buy bikes and/or buy one and post here about how they are afraid to take their perfectly fine running bike on a long road trip because of what they read here...in the meantime only time will reveal if the new seal they added makes a difference

as far as "Sheer nonsense. I’ve never implied anything "

"to guys that haven’t experienced it ... YET! "

just one of many emphatically implied comments that comes across as ...'just wait and see'

perception is reality and a lot of folks perceive your comments as impending doom and gloom awaits the unwary

re: "And frankly you post far more on HDForums than I do, so I think you might consider how your advice applies to your own “freedom of speech” before worrying about how others use their time."

correct, I'm not laser focused and obsessed with a single topic like you
Only a blind fanboy fool thinks there won’t be any future M8 owners that will experience sumping. “To guys that haven’t experienced it ... YET!” is absolutely accurate. Lots of new guys will be experiencing sumping next Spring. They don’t follow HDForums. They have probably never heard of sumping and have no idea what causes it. My comment couldn’t be more “real”. If you prefer to think the problem is over or only in the past, blissful ignorance is a wonderful place to live but for the guys dealing with a sumping engine, they will be looking for a helping hand to better understand whats happening to their brand new bike.

Clearly the fanboyz will be as useless as a t*t on a bull, but in the real world sumping will be an ongoing problem for lots of guys.

So take some of you own advice, focus on topics of interest to you and I’ll do the same. And for the record, I post on alot of different topics.... but still only half as many posts as you!

Old 01-19-2019, 05:27 PM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by lp
Your reality is something.
I wouldn’t trade my “reality” for anything, anyone or any amount of money. Thank you for noticing! Lol

Old 01-19-2019, 06:55 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,605 Likes on 4,452 Posts

just OCD, no new or useful information

Quick Reply: Sumping Warranties let's see them.