Sponsored by:

Another great OEM online source

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 12:53 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,228 Likes on 1,267 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Kind of funny . Establish a good relation with good local dealer you beat all these silly online deal every time.
You would need to get about 30% off to beat the combined effect of Surdyke's 20% discount and not paying sales tax on your online purchase. Are you saying you get at least 30% off parts every time you buy?

Old 03-06-2019, 04:14 PM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

[QUOTE=smitty901;18084404]Kind of funny . Establish a good relation with good local dealer you beat all these silly online deal every time.[/QUOTE

My dealer won't give you anything off parts. And everyone in the store knows me by name. So yeah, I got a good relationship with them. But they dont discount parts. Period.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:49 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 235 Likes on 144 Posts

I just checked out their site & it's a pain to use, you need to enter all your info before you get a shipping quote, they were about $6 cheaper on a $500 part after shipping but another $190 part they were $5 more without shipping, so probably $15 more, not worth the hassle. You could shop NC, SD, & BT, when they were still online & have a price from each in l less time than it took to get a shipping quote at Utah.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Tired
Elite HDF Member
Received 4,457 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Years ago, I gave the local dealer parts guy a chance to match online prices and he got kinda huffy and informed me that those online parts weren't genuine HD parts. I assured him they were and were coming from HD dealers. He then implied that I was lying about the price as no legit HD dealer could possibly sell parts at that price.

I never darkened their doorway again.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:51 PM
KYRGultra
Road Master
Received 489 Likes on 306 Posts

Kind of funny . Establish a good relation with good local dealer you beat all these silly online deal every time.
Two HD dealers here in Louisville. Bought 2 new bikes from one and 1 new bike from the other. Had to raise a little hell about one dealer just casually giving my neighbor a 10% discount on maybe $25 worth of odds and ends he bought from this dealer couple of years ago--and my neighbor had never bought anything from them before. Faced the parts guy, AND the newest general manager whom I had never met before, two weeks ago. Wanted to buy about $375 in Custom Dynamic lighting for my bike and they are a CD dealer. Told them I would like to buy from them BUT it would cost me MORE because they would charge me 6% sales tax and CD wouldn't. Plus, buying from CD means the brown truck brings it right to my door and buying from the dealer means I gotta drive 30-35 minutes there and then back. Think I made them feel just a little bit bad. OK, they told me they do have a 10% discount for veterans--and I asked him to "define" veteran. He said if you were a veteran to show them my DD 214 and they would put me in their computer for 10% off from now on, on everything.

So, back in 1967 I joined the Army, TWICE! Was only in 18 days LOL. Long story short I joined early in '67, then got jumped by 4 guys--one had a tire tool--and spent 3 days in the hospital. Fractured elbow with a metal pin inserted. Fast forward to Dec. '67, elbow healed, joined Army again, they knew about the elbow pin and got a letter from my Doc saying all was good. So, a few days in my elbow was hurting, probably from pushups, they sent me for X-rays, pin in elbow broken. Naw, they didn't want to fix it. Gave me an Honorable Discharge for medical reasons and my DD 214 shows 18 days active duty. So, I showed the parts guy my DD 214 and I don't know if he read anything other than Honorable Discharge but now I'm in their computer for 10% discount. So maybe I have now established a good working relationship with a local dealer ???

And I wanted at least somewhat of a discount from HD for the CD products, but if they give me a 10% discount then charge me 6% sales tax my savings are really only 4%. But the gas my Tahoe drinks going to HD and back home probably exceeds my 4% gain. So, you may ask yourself, "Just why in the f___ go through all this discount BS when it really doesn't mean any dollars?" The answer is because I have over $600 in HD gift cards that I can't use through Custom Dynamics LOL but I used them at the HD dealer.

Oh, and BTW, after my 3 day hospital; stay in 1967, the day I was released I went to a pawn shop and used the fake draft card I used for buying beer with to buy a pistol and I have carried ever since. Ain't gonna get jumped again without inflicting serious/fatal consequences on the punks.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Oilhed
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!! For years, I ordered online and then I asked the parts department one day about price matching and they did. They asked that I not go tell the entire world, so I didn't.
If they spread the word they'd get more business.

I'm looking for a few things, total less than $100. Best prices on-line. Funny thing is worse prices are on-line, too! Why list something on-line for over MSRP if you can get it direct from HD for MSRP or less from a dealer? Anyhow a few light, small items and they want $11 and up for shipping! I could throw it in a padded bag at the post office for less.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:03 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

It's only a matter of time before the sales tax freebee is no more. I've dealt with Kutter/Boardtracker, Surdyke, & New Castle over the years, and whenever I wanted a part I'd search each for final, shipped cost. No complaints about any of them. One thing i do is to get the part number and do a Google or DuckDuckGo search on it to see if anyone has it on sale - works best for clothing.

Last edited by FurryOne; 03-07-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:57 PM
Oilhed
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for opening my eyes. I wanted a couple $25 items. Lowest price on line was $15. But $10 to ship. So still saving $10 and not paying tax. win-win!

Old 03-08-2019, 07:13 AM
BigDipper15
Club Member
Received 318 Likes on 170 Posts

I use Utah Harley all the time. Good pricing and really good customer service for exchanges and returns if necessary.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:57 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,451 Likes on 932 Posts

Not so. That depends ENTIRELY on the local dealer. That statement is definitely not universal.

Quick Reply: Another great OEM online source