Sponsored by:

New GTS Boom Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 09:39 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Erilflynn
I tried to download the stupid thing and after 1.5 hrs. I pulled the stick. Now the radio is locked up on the screen where it say's retry and no matter what I do it's locked up. Crap, I even unhooked the battery terminal to no avail, now what ?

Old 03-21-2019, 06:00 AM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
I tried to download the stupid thing and after 1.5 hrs. I pulled the stick. Now the radio is locked up on the screen where it say's retry and no matter what I do it's locked up. Crap, I even unhooked the battery terminal to no avail, now what ?
How far in the process did it get? If I remember there were 6 modules...only one that took more than a few minutes was the last one for XM that I don’t have....whole update took about 10 minutes

Old 03-21-2019, 09:28 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Does the MoCo provide a detailed description of the updates?

Old 03-21-2019, 01:03 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tony P
Does the MoCo provide a detailed description of the updates?
Not sure they do

You can check a list of fix's here https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=118076.0

The following users liked this post:
Tony P (03-23-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 09:22 PM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Received 281 Likes on 140 Posts

CarPlay is a joke IMO. Phone and headset have to be plugged in simultaneously for it to work. My bike is wired for headset but I don’t wanna wear a headset. I want to hear the bike speakers and what’s going on around me. PITA

Old 03-22-2019, 11:49 AM
urayju
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The same thing happened to me. You’ll need to get USB flash drive that has at least 20 gigs of memory. The drive also will need to be a USB 3.0 or greater. After you install the update on the new flash drive, plug it in. It worked for me. Good luck

Old 03-22-2019, 12:01 PM
urayju
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
The same thing happened to me. You’ll need to get USB flash drive that has at least 20 gigs of memory. The drive also will need to be a USB 3.0 or greater. After you install the update on the new flash drive, plug it in. It worked for me. Good luck

Old 03-22-2019, 01:19 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Originally Posted by urayju
My stick was an old 16 GB POS that I’m sure is only USB 2.0. All I ever heard was make sure there’s nothing else on it. Also one mistake I almost made was unzipping it after I downloaded it. I was lucky and had a bud who did NOT unzip first and it loaded fine. Good luck.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:20 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 146 Likes on 36 Posts

Anybody know how to go back to the previous firmware?

I updated mine a couple of days ago and had a ton of errors using my nav today. Everything from the direction tab giving the wrong turn and street name vs the screen and voice nav (one tells you to turn right on Main St. while the other tells/shows you make a left onto Peach St.), direction tab freezing or just showing wrong info, and even though I had it set to avoid unpaved roads it kept trying to put me on dirt roads today, etc. Real frustrating stuff.

Is there a way to go back?

Old 03-25-2019, 03:40 PM
drod
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Erilflynn
My stick was an old 16 GB POS that I’m sure is only USB 2.0. All I ever heard was make sure there’s nothing else on it. Also one mistake I almost made was unzipping it after I downloaded it. I was lucky and had a bud who did NOT unzip first and it loaded fine. Good luck.
I can't mine to download...called Harley Help today and they told me it had to be unzipped first to load to the bike...I tried that and it didn't work either...

Quick Reply: New GTS Boom Update