Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Milwaukee Eight (M8) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8-198/)
-   -   header, slip ons, intake and tune now throwing codes (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1281183-header-slip-ons-intake-and-tune-now-throwing-codes.html)

09IronRider 04-25-2019 10:17 AM

header, slip ons, intake and tune now throwing codes

Installed a de-catted factory head pipe, tab zombie slip ons, a trask ac along with a PV 2 tuner with a tune mapping from Fuel moto on my 17 RKS. I am now throwing 4 codes

p0031 Front Ho2s low/open
p0051 Rear HO2s Low/open
p0134 Front Oxygen sensor High /open
p0154 rear Oxygen sensor High /open

Is this because the cats were removed and tune didn't account for them or from what I am reading a potential exhaust leak will throw these codes? Is it weird to have both the front and rear codes with an exhaust leak. Will an auto tune help? Bike running good but has a slight pop sometimes on deceleration butI also didnt want to get on it too hard with the codes.

fuelmoto 04-25-2019 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by 09IronRider (Post 18210141)
Installed a de-catted factory head pipe, tab zombie slip ons, a trask ac along with a PV 2 tuner with a tune mapping from Fuel moto on my 17 RKS. I am now throwing 4 codes

p0031 Front Ho2s low/open
p0051 Rear HO2s Low/open
p0134 Front Oxygen sensor High /open
p0154 rear Oxygen sensor High /open

Is this because the cats were removed and tune didn't account for them or from what I am reading a potential exhaust leak will throw these codes? Is it weird to have both the front and rear codes with an exhaust leak. Will an auto tune help? Bike running good but has a slight pop sometimes on deceleration butI also didnt want to get on it too hard with the codes.

With these codes you will want to check the installation of your O2 sensors

09IronRider 04-25-2019 10:42 AM

Thank you
They are tight at the header and plugged in at the bike. I did not pull them out when changing them I was able to unscrew without. Is there something else to check with them?

fuelmoto 04-25-2019 10:56 AM

Make sure they are installed in the correct pipe front/rear (rear cylinder O2 has the black plug, front cylinder O2 has the gray plug), also make sure you have flashed the proper map for your application for use with the factory O2 sensors and it is not a Target Tune enabled map for use with the Dynojet wideband sensor kit.

09IronRider 04-25-2019 11:39 AM

Thanks I will check I got a tune preloaded when I purchased from fuel moto based on my specs. Perhaps the tune is off can I tell? Maybe when I gave my list they tuned for after market o2's?

09IronRider 04-25-2019 12:30 PM

Just unplugged and plugged back in reset dtc and fired up no code so far. Maybe didn't seat plug all the way.
Thabks for the tips!

Steel Wheels 04-26-2019 03:55 PM

Reversing your HO2’s will create problems. Like Jamie said, check proper location first. Sure sounds like that’s your issue.

RinTin 04-26-2019 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Steel Wheels (Post 18213254)
Reversing your HO2’s will create problems. Like Jamie said, check proper location first. Sure sounds like that’s your issue.

Agreed, I always remember Jamie's video for installing their Fuel Moto 2-1-2 head pipe. Black is back.