Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eastern Iowa or SW Wisconsin. BEST DYNO TUNER?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 08:41 PM
paul1970
Tourer
Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
It appears the primary issue was the turnaround time for Power Commander fuel map revision & tuning support thru our fuel map support portal, this is a free service we offer to our customers. Looking back at your earlier posts you noted the following in July:

07-16-2019, 03:18 PM
paul1970
my fuel moto base map after cams started good, ran good, i had no popping on decel or anything but i could feel flat spots
they sent me a second map which was worse, started hard, and idled rough, so reinstalled the first one i will say they were more than willing to continue helpling me and may have got it perfect, but i chose to have it dyno'd the results of the dyno were night and day different, runs perfect no flat spots just grab a gear and hold on

I do apologize for this turnaround, as we get extremely busy during peak season. The guys here that build engines & dyno tune bikes are the same guys that provide email fuel map support, we get a huge volume of tune requests and unfortunately it does get backlogged, especially during peak riding season. The general expected times for tune requests and revisions are noted on our Fuel Map page: "Fuel map's are generally filled within 72 hours, if you are sending in data for review & map revisions this can take 5-7 business days." We are more than happy to help with tuning support as far as it needs to go, however it does not happen in real time as we work from a queue system. Most new fuel map request are filled same day, revisions may take up to a week (sometimes longer) depending on the workload and how much data we have to review. Again, this is a free service and you're getting assistance from an individual that tunes bikes using these products. When you submit your revision request and it goes into queue it's really no different than making an appointment, it just depends on how much data we have to look at, if we have to look back at your other maps, etc.. and we do this for absolutely no charge.

As far as advice we give by phone or email I again apologize if someone here came off the wrong way. The info we give is based on firsthand experience and testing; for example if your friend was looking at doing an engine build and he has an exhaust we know will not work in that application we are offering straight up advice, we very well know sometimes this is not the answer they want to hear however trust me in saying being straightforward and open about this before we do the build is far better than what can happen after the build is completed, especially if it doesnt turn out how the customer is expecting. A short answer is it's not easy giving out advice. If we can ever be of additional assistance we're happy to help, all channels are open. Or if you would like to discuss further you are welcome to contact me personally at 920-423-3309

EDIT:

For what it's worth I went into our system and located a total of two tune requests that were submitted by Paul1970 and we processed thru our support portal.

Request Submitted Sat, Jan 5, 3:36 PM Type: New PC-V Fuel Map
Request Filled: Tue, Jan 8, 10:53 AM Fuel Map sent by Keith W.

Request Submitted Thu, Mar 28, 10:37 AM Type: PC-V Fuel Map Revision
Request Filled: Tue, Apr 2, 8:37 AM Fuel Map revised Keith W.

I also looked further into this. The email correspondence below shows we made no reference that your exhaust system or other components would not work when you contacted us about installing cams in your motorcycle.

INBOX Tue, Jul 17, 2018, 1:19 PM
Vehicle Year / Make / Model: 2009 Street Glide
Message: could you give me an estimate on installing woods 222 cams, cam
bearing, pushrods and i beleive i would want lifters as well just
because of the mileage (40,000) , bike is a 96 inch with upgraded air
vance and hines pro pipe and a power comander

SENT Jul 17, 2018, 2:52 PM
Thanks for reaching out to Fuel Moto. When we do an install we only do them with new lifters. So for the cam install, Dyno Tune and oil/shop supplies you would be approximately $1450. I am currently scheduling November.
Please get back to me with any questions.
Thank you.........Bob
You can quote my entry emails when I was still doing research If it makes you feel big ,but I got the thought of 222 cams from a previous phone conversation with you and phone conversations is where I gathered my real information, I’m glad i didn’t go with your recommended 222 cams I didn’t ask about installing a pipe at that time because you’d already told me the pro pipe would be fine , I’m done here you’re a paid sponsor who likes posting private emails I’ve seen you do that 100 times so you win BUT in the long run you lost at least 2 customers and I expect a lot more than what gets talked about here, I’m happy to take my business elsewhere your cookie cutter kits may be good for some but there’s still builders that build for customers wants not just dyno sheets

Old 10-09-2019, 08:48 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,120 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Originally Posted by paul1970
You can quote my entry emails when I was still doing research If it makes you feel big ,but I got the thought of 222 cams from a previous phone conversation with you and phone conversations is where I gathered my real information, I’m glad i didn’t go with your recommended 222 cams I didn’t ask about installing a pipe at that time because you’d already told me the pro pipe would be fine , I’m done here you’re a paid sponsor who likes posting private emails I’ve seen you do that 100 times so you win BUT in the long run you lost at least 2 customers and I expect a lot more than what gets talked about here, I’m happy to take my business elsewhere your cookie cutter kits may be good for some but there’s still builders that build for customers wants not just dyno sheets
I'm very sorry you feel this way. For those following along please note that this individual DID NOT purchase the Power Commander tuner from us. He purchased cams, pushrods, & lifters and we were offering free tune support. Again, I apologize if we did not meet your expectations.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-09-2019, 08:57 PM
paul1970
Tourer

I'm very sorry you feel this way. For those following along please note that this individual DID NOT purchase the Power Commander tuner from us. He purchased cams, pushrods, & lifters and we were offering free tune support. Again, I apologize if we did not meet your expectations.
Honestly ????? I’ll post the receipt

Old 10-09-2019, 09:00 PM
paul1970
Tourer

Originally Posted by paul1970
Honestly ????? I’ll post the receipt

Bottom left hand corner says where it came from

Old 10-09-2019, 09:08 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,525 Posts

Someone call NTSB......cause this train just derailed! LoL

Old 10-09-2019, 09:09 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,767 Likes on 3,145 Posts

Oops...

Old 10-09-2019, 09:16 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

I stand corrected, the Power Commander appears to have been purchased under a different name or its in our system incorrectly. As noted earlier if you would like to discuss further you are welcome to contact me directly. On a lighter note it’s good to see someone hang on to their original sales receipt, we have to look them up for customers thru out the day

Old 10-09-2019, 09:21 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,767 Likes on 3,145 Posts

I stand corrected, the Power Commander appears to have been purchased under a different name or its in our system incorrectly. As noted earlier if you would like to discuss further you are welcome to contact me directly. On a lighter note it’s good to see someone hang on to their original sales receipt, we have to look them up for customers thru out the day
It happens. I literally just went through this on Monday with one of my customers. He was trying to get warranty on a cylinder head he claimed to have purchased from us, and did not have his sales invoice. I looked up the name, and could find nothing.
Finally, his brother came in to show us his credit card bill from that month...yes, his brother had purchased it under HIS name, and not my original customer.

It makes for a tough argument!

Old 10-09-2019, 09:38 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

I was indeed incorrect about where the PC-V was purchased, however the intent of my posts was not based on that as we offer tune support with a cam purchase (which we followed thru on). My posts in this thread are based on my opinion that we did indeed provide reasonable service to this customer. I felt the need to respond because we diddn’t wait a week to send maps as he claimed and we don’t tell people they need a big bore kit when they enquire about having their bike dyno tuned, that’s simply nonsense.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:49 PM
paul1970
Tourer

I was indeed incorrect about where the PC-V was purchased, however the intent of my posts was not based on that as we offer tune support with a cam purchase (which we followed thru on). My posts in this thread are based on my opinion that we did indeed provide reasonable service to this customer. I felt the need to respond because we diddn’t wait a week to send maps as he claimed and we don’t tell people they need a big bore kit when they enquire about having their bike dyno tuned, that’s simply nonsense.
I said my peace you said yours, I feel the service went to hell when after the first shitty dyno ( all dyno tuners aren’t the best ) I called for assistance and instead of saying send me your dyno sheet let me review it and try to help, or send me the file your running you recommended I change to your pipe, I done my research I knew there was nothing wrong with the pipe I was running

Quick Reply: Eastern Iowa or SW Wisconsin. BEST DYNO TUNER?