Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Insurance prices got jacked up

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 12:06 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You ride long enough, you find this happens every few years...you get a great rate from a company for awhile, then they jack you up...you check with a company you couldn't talk to a few years ago and they fix you right up...just shop it around, someone will take care of you...

Old 03-14-2009, 11:01 PM
esyrdgcwby
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ve got all state they have been great for the last 9 years, I have been doing some shopping around & they are still the cheapest so far, even with the rate hike !!!
I guess they got me by the short & curleys

Old 03-15-2009, 05:39 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

simple fix call the competition and leave.....
I do it about every other year. saving about $200 each time

Old 03-15-2009, 06:01 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Progressive just jacked me up on their rates ... Went with Allstate as an add on to go with the car and truck saved over 400.00... also included Uninsured Motorist which progressive didn't offer which in this economy gonna be a lot of drivers without insurance..

Old 03-15-2009, 06:01 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been with State Farm for about 15 years now, never any problems with my rate, I still check from time to time to see and if another company beats them it is only by a few dollars, and I figure a few dollars for piece of mind goes a long way. But the again I do have several vehicles insured with the same agent

Old 03-15-2009, 06:19 AM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Farmers Insurance Group raised my yearly premium by almost $30 this year ($275 year). Still not complaining. I'm 49 yrs old.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:35 AM
e6fmf
Road Master
Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Insurancs increase

Another tool they use besides you zip code is your CREDIT RATING. Huge determining factor in our rates. IE.................Progressive & Geico are based on credit rating, along with driving record. I have read of several members on this site getting slammed by Progressive and Geico to the big three credit bureaus. Good Luck in your search.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master

I had Progressive for a couple of years, always been lower. Raised my Ins. about $75. bucks this year, no tickets, no accidents. I went to my State Farm Agent and he lowered it $54. Which makes me wonder since State Farm has always been $100 higher, AArp was $125 higher with Foremost. Go figure.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:06 AM
llbigbird
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Progressive just jacked me up on their rates ... Went with Allstate as an add on to go with the car and truck saved over 400.00... also included Uninsured Motorist which progressive didn't offer which in this economy gonna be a lot of drivers without insurance..
How true that is with the way things are today.Smart move on your part

Old 03-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
You ride long enough, you find this happens every few years...you get a great rate from a company for awhile, then they jack you up...you check with a company you couldn't talk to a few years ago and they fix you right up...just shop it around, someone will take care of you...
What he said.

Got my renewal from ANPAC in Feb. and it went up 27% - no tickets, no claims in 5 years. Tried to work with agent(who never contacted me but had an office worker try to work with me) but they still had higher rates and changed my coverage to get the "lower" rate. Went with GEICO and save over $165 from the year's previous rates(before they jacked it up for 2009).

Strange thing, I talked to corporate twice and even left a message with the agent's higher up boss about not being happy about new rates. Not one person said, "What can we do to keep your business?" The only person who tried was the office worker who I dealt with. But her hands are tied based on what the underwriter's did.

Quick Reply: Insurance prices got jacked up