Motorcycle Parts For Sale-Misc. Parts See Specific Models in Sub forums Below This is the place to post your misc. Harley Parts for sale. Please Read The Rules For Posting In the Classified Section before attempting to post here.

Options to PayPal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 06:47 PM
not yours
Club Member
Received 2,713 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by mstcswagb20
I've got a few parts off my '95 Bad Boy that I'd like to sell, but I don't really want to get into PayPal. Anyone know of any viable alternatives that people would use? Thanks.
I’ve got a 95 bad boy PM me with your parts list I’m sure we can work something out. Thanks

Old 04-24-2018, 08:39 AM
mstcswagb20
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent

Old 04-26-2018, 01:35 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

PayPal is awesome. I've been using it for years. They have a "family and friends" option that doesn't charge anything for transfers. And moving money from PayPal to your bank account is free too.

Old 04-27-2018, 02:30 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

If you do decide to use PayPal just follow the forum rules on the fees. Don't ask for the buyer to pay the fees. I try to always pay the extra for the fees when I purchase something. not everyone does that for the seller, but it makes a good transaction in case I need PayPal to help with getting money back on anything that turned bad. If the buyer uses the Gift or the friends & family they loose the help feature. Most sellers just add the fees in the price of the item. When they sell the item just tell the buyer not to pay the fees.
I have used PayPal for many years without a problem. Your information is never transmitted anywhere but for the initial signup, or when you change anything with them online.

Last edited by sloufoot; 04-27-2018 at 02:34 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:33 AM
Not E'nuff Harley
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I've used PP since 04. I use their business debit card for EVERY purchase I make at pos and the Internet. I had 2 fraud issues where unauthorized transactions occurred and they immediately credited my account while they did their investigation. I would have to know BOTH sides of the story when someone says they "just decided " to freeze their account. I would have to believe they violated their terms of service in some fashion. Most likely using friends and family for selling to avoid fees. Remember, it's against their policy as well as forum policy to require the buyer to pay any seller fees. Cover the fees in your price.

Old 04-27-2018, 06:31 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,349 Likes on 3,281 Posts

Zelle is picking up from what I see.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:34 PM
180Tiger
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Avoid Paypal

Paypal is fine until there's a problem. You'll get someone with a prepared script that doesn't hear a word you say. They'll say it was your mistake and then how do you prove a negative? "We have no record of that transaction!" They screwed me twice so I put them in the past. I don't know if there is a good alternative but they cost me $$.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:41 PM
Not E'nuff Harley
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 180Tiger
Paypal is fine until there's a problem. You'll get someone with a prepared script that doesn't hear a word you say. They'll say it was your mistake and then how do you prove a negative? "We have no record of that transaction!" They screwed me twice so I put them in the past. I don't know if there is a good alternative but they cost me $$.
I have THOUSANDS of trouble free transactions with PP. No script here. Could not care less what payment method anyone else uses. Would be interested in hearing your story.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:05 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Not E'nuff Harley
I have THOUSANDS of trouble free transactions with PP. No script here. Could not care less what payment method anyone else uses. Would be interested in hearing your story.
I'd love to hear that story too.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:42 PM
Monkeymann_916
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Not E'nuff Harley
Yeah, I would also like to hear more detail of "script", as it is peeps like you who put the fear in people of being scammed someway.
Ive been using since they started, zero problems.
They cover any purchases, can see any transaction RIGHT AWAY into your account, and make sure you doing before sending merchandise, because at this point, its still the buyer taking a chance, not seller.

Quick Reply: Options to PayPal?