Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

Help needed please

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 06:52 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,720 Likes on 5,225 Posts

Mileage people buying a CVO want low miles. 2020 this is 2023 and an even newer CVO coming in a few days. The hype that fueld 2020 sales it loosing traction.

Old 06-21-2023, 08:14 PM
ridingout
Road Captain
Received 255 Likes on 173 Posts

The release of the new CVO will lower the value of previous CVO's just like the release of the m8 in 17 did to the twin cams. My 16 dropped like a rock as far as trade in value as soon as the 17's were released. Good luck with the sale

Old 06-22-2023, 06:47 AM
arlinsg
Road Captain
Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by LaneG
There are no local consignment dealers near me. The local dealer offered me 26K.
Maybe try Mission Motors in Stanwood, they take consignments. Bet they'd love to have your bike in their showroom.

Old 06-22-2023, 07:09 AM
stratplexi
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,012 Likes on 523 Posts

Tough to sell for max price if only selling local. I just sold a 2015 Heritage Softail for $18K on ebay. I have sold 3 bikes now on Ebay and all of them sold for absurd money. I have learned that to sell you must put really good and detailed pictures, a really good detailed ad with all the mods done and talk about how you cared for the bike. You only need 1 buyer and someone looking for a bike with your upgrades. Your not the only person that wants a 131 Stage 4….Harley wouldn’t make them if they weren’t selling. Make that a selling point in your ad and list out all the detail of the build. Talk about how you baby the bike and care for it. Price it on the high side but accept offers. I started at $19,500 for that Heritage and took $18K. The bike sold to someone in CA. who bought it for their dad that lives in FL. For fathers day. The bike shipped to Florida. I had all of the payment wired to me before he arranged shipping. There are people out there with money who like to buy online. Find one…

The following users liked this post:
TodPedro (06-27-2023)
Old 06-22-2023, 09:40 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,585 Likes on 1,643 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin beagle
Offering rider to rider financing with harleys Eaglemark bank might get you a couple bites. Not alot of people walking around with 38k in their pocket and the ones that have it are more likely just pop another 10 or 15k and go new.
Exactly!
Unfortunately for "sellers", we are now in a "buyer's" market and for most people IF they have a payment on a motorcycle they figure that they may as well have a new motorcycle.
I just sold my '13 CVO Ultra (to a friend) and I took far less for it than what I had in it (and wanted) but i was just sitting, collecting dust (and age) AND depreciating! I hadn't rode in much in the last 5 years and ha no plans to ride it in the future (due to knee issues) and he had wanted it since DAY ONE.
It hurts to lose THOUSANDS of $$$$$$ on a toy but that's just the way it is and toys are toys, NOT investments!
If you can keep and use it you're much better off doin so and at least you can "ride or drive your money out of it".

Old 06-24-2023, 03:51 AM
LTBiker
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by stratplexi
Tough to sell for max price if only selling local. I just sold a 2015 Heritage Softail for $18K on ebay. I have sold 3 bikes now on Ebay and all of them sold for absurd money. I have learned that to sell you must put really good and detailed pictures, a really good detailed ad with all the mods done and talk about how you cared for the bike. You only need 1 buyer and someone looking for a bike with your upgrades. Your not the only person that wants a 131 Stage 4….Harley wouldn’t make them if they weren’t selling. Make that a selling point in your ad and list out all the detail of the build. Talk about how you baby the bike and care for it. Price it on the high side but accept offers. I started at $19,500 for that Heritage and took $18K. The bike sold to someone in CA. who bought it for their dad that lives in FL. For fathers day. The bike shipped to Florida. I had all of the payment wired to me before he arranged shipping. There are people out there with money who like to buy online. Find one…
Wow, I am beyond shocked that you got $18K for your 2015 Heritage; you probably danced all the way to the Bank! I listed my '22 Heritage 114 with a lot of mods back 2-3 months ago, and got absolutely zero interest, not even scammers, even when I dropped the price to $18,900, finally gave up and pulled all the ads. Maybe I'll have to go back and try E-Bay again; I thought nothing was selling there any more. I follow what's for sale pretty diligently on Marketplace and C-List, and it seems that nothing is selling these days unless it's at a wholesale price. Have seen the same bikes listed for months in both the above places, and asking prices are not unreasonable either. It does take just the one right buyer, but that one has gotten really hard to find!

Old 06-24-2023, 04:42 AM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,506 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Used bike prices have really started coming down. But there is always a buyer at the right price. That’s a beautiful bike Lane has. Someone will buy it.

The following users liked this post:
Plow64 (06-24-2023)
Old 06-24-2023, 06:59 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by LTBiker
Wow, I am beyond shocked that you got $18K for your 2015 Heritage; you probably danced all the way to the Bank! I listed my '22 Heritage 114 with a lot of mods back 2-3 months ago, and got absolutely zero interest, not even scammers, even when I dropped the price to $18,900, finally gave up and pulled all the ads. Maybe I'll have to go back and try E-Bay again; I thought nothing was selling there any more. I follow what's for sale pretty diligently on Marketplace and C-List, and it seems that nothing is selling these days unless it's at a wholesale price. Have seen the same bikes listed for months in both the above places, and asking prices are not unreasonable either. It does take just the one right buyer, but that one has gotten really hard to find!
I had the same experience as LTBiker when selling my 2015 Ultra Ltd in February. Had to re-list the bike three times on E-Bay (at $79 a pop) to get it sold. Ended up selling for $13,995, well below what I initially believed, but a few thousand more than what Rumble On was willing to pay for it. Only recommendations for selling on E-Bay is to post all 24 pics, to include pics of the extras that come with the bike: covers, key fobs, manuals, service invoices, etc.. Basically show the full value package that will transfer to the buyer. Also watch out for the scammers offering to buy the bike outside of E-Bay and making other bullshit claims. They can be aggressive and persistent. I also require a $100 non-refundable deposit on E-Bay to eliminate all but the most serious buyers - just enough to cover relisting the bike if the buyer backs out after clicking the BUY button. Another avenue to pursue is selling the bike to an acquaintance or friend-of-a-friend, which will net a better sale price, imo. Put the word out to the network of friends and acquaintances.

Old 06-24-2023, 09:46 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,894 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Expensive items just sell slower, I think. Like starter homes go faster than ,mansions.

Also I am not sure I am big on bikes that engine was modded, unless you go paper work. even then it makes me nervous if I did not do it. But many people getting a big engine like that is just what they want.

Old 06-24-2023, 10:03 AM
stratplexi
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,012 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by LTBiker
The bike I sold was a cream puff. I knew it would sell because it was Morocco Gold Pearl (basically a pearl white) and was chromed out with all tasteful mods. I knew there would be someone that preferred the Twin Cam Heritage over the new generation because of the bling factor and sound. When selling a bike like this you only need 1 buyer…your not looking for consensus from the peanut gallery on what the bike is worth. Your looking for someone that specifically wants what you are offering and is willing to pay for convenience. My ad required a $500 deposit and I required the rest by wire within 3 days, before the bike would ship. The guy that bought mine never even called me to discuss, we emailed and text’d one another and that was it. Its a new economy out there…people buy premium items online without thinking twice. I could never see myself doing it.

Quick Reply: Help needed please