National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Broken Spoke Sturgis 2014

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 06:47 PM
FXDBLuke
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Spoke Sturgis 2014

This is what I just posted on their Facebook page. Does anyone here have any thoughts??? -Luke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. I've called and emailed multiple times, I received 1 return call from Aaron and nothing else, that was in late April when he gave me the canned "we're working on the line up answer." I'm not even worried about the bands anymore. What happens when I get out there and there's a chain across the driveway? Or just an open gate with no one, and no showers, an empty pool and empty field with a boarded up pole barn that was a bar?

The Spoke was closed in Daytona and now Laconia has just opened up, posting their bands only 10 DAYS before Bike Week kicks off and rumor on-line is that there is still a "For Sale" sign out front. This will be my 6th year out there and I've stayed at the Spoke every time. I don't want the canned answer, I want to know what's going on. Who even owns the place anymore? Never had issues like this when Jay was involved. Target Logistics claims they are no longer in on it, well, they took my money last year for this year so I damn well expect SOME INFORMATION. Perception can be much more powerful than reality and my current perception of the situation is that someone took my money for a service that isn't going to be provided. Kind of like a scam or fraud. And I only have 600 miles to go to get there.

What are the people coming from 1200 miles away thinking? The lack of any answers to any questions is getting pretty frustrating. I started calling other campgrounds today for a backup plan. A few of them told me that THEY have no idea what's going on up at the Spoke and they're only a few miles away!

Supposedly these guys are out on the East Coast, all the phones listed are disconnected except one and Aaron is the only person ANYONE seems to have talked to. My emails sit somewhere with no reply. My pleas on Facebook go unanswered. I'll post this on the HD forums. I'll Tweet them. Hell, I already contacted the MC from last year and he hasn't been hired on for this year. I'll send a message to anyone. If you are a camper and know a number/email then let me know and I'll call it or send something to it. They've got my money and now they've got a bug up their *** that isn't going away anytime soon. Take this down if you want. At least that will show some action!

What are everyone else's plans?????

Luke in Eau Claire, WI

Old 06-12-2014, 10:36 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We stayed at the Spoke in 2010 and 2011. Thought the place pretty much sucked then so we have been staying at Glencoe since (2012, 2013). Because we don't go there anymore I have not followed the Spoke. This is the first I have heard but am not surprised.

The management is in Boston (I think that is where I was calling) and they do not come there during the rally?? Makes no sense huh? This leaves the help to the locals that get hired and they are who ran me off. The grounds Superintendent and his wife are first rate morons. I made a lot of calls and wrote a lot of letters after the 2011 rally and got his job according to people I spoke with in 2012. People like him (and his fat bitch wife) are the reason the place sunk in my opinion. Too bad, they have a nice pool complex.

I know a guy who will be going to Sturgis in 3 weeks. He will check this out for me at that time but I figure the story will be well known by then.

Sorry you lost your money (so far) but maybe something will happen to make it right??

I'll see you over on the Harley forums later.

My plan this year is Glencoe again. We love that place and have had same RV spot 3 years straight now. I may get the number tattooed on me!!

Good Luck

Old 06-13-2014, 11:48 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser

My buddy spends a lot of time at Glencoe, even during non rally times. He knows and works along side most of the full time employees there. He spoke with the people at Glencoe today and they know nothing about the situation at Broken Spoke - if there is a situation.

For those who have not been to Sturgis yet, Glencoe is the closest major campground to Broken Spoke. The Spoke is out of town several miles and about 6-8 miles past Glencoe.

I did check the Broken Spoke web site yesterday and did not see any bands posted yet. Very strange since they like to pump things up with concert schedules as much as they can.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:42 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser

OK, I just checked this morning (June 24 2014) and the Broken Spoke web site has been shut down!! I gotta tell you guys, this don't look good. Has anybody had any contact with the Broken Spoke people this month??

Old 06-24-2014, 08:51 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

Damn! Kind of scary for the OP.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:09 PM
FXDBLuke
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of rumors flying now. I saw a listing for the Spoke last updated June 26th that had it at 4.5 million. Then someone said it had sold. Another rumor was no liquor license. It's a lot of crap and I'm sick of it.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:46 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser

I saw the web site was back up last Friday but still no bands or schedule of events posted. Don't look good this close to the rally does it?

Again, , , has anyone heard or talked to a Broken Spoke employee lately??

Old 07-01-2014, 09:03 AM
drstat
Intermediate

****!! I'm comming from South Louisiana! WTF! I have been calling Aaron as well sames BS, email reply " we are currently working on the line up" 1 month away?? BS! I'm requesting refund from bastards! Changing plans today!

Old 07-01-2014, 12:26 PM
mowdoc
Cruiser

drstat - - I sent you a PM. Please check it.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:24 PM
mowdoc
Cruiser

Good update for you - - - - -

My buddy is in Sturgis now and at 1:00pm today, 7/16, he drove up to the Broken Spoke to check things out. He saw two guys putting picnic tables together and one car parked by the building. Nothing else visible from the road.

I guess that means they will be open but we still do not know what all they will have going on. At least, if you have reservation there, you will have a place to camp.

Also, the Spoke's web site has been back up for a few days but they still have a very small schedule posted.

Some news is better than no news so there you go.

mowdoc

Quick Reply: Broken Spoke Sturgis 2014