Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang summit seat for 2014 flhtk...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 10:24 PM
Roadglide33
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mustang summit seat for 2014 flhtk...

I just bought a Mustang Summit seat for my '14 Ultra Limited... Anyone else have this seat or the Mustang Super Tourer... Seat sets you back 1.75 inches from stock and designed specifically for the new Rushmore models...

Old 03-08-2015, 08:46 AM
dwl25
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

I don't have one but am very interested in that exact seat. I have a Mustang on my Sportster that I love. I'd be very interested to hear your opinion of this seat. Especially if it helps with leg room.

Dave
Galveston, Texas

Old 03-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Roadglide33
Tourer

Originally Posted by dwl25
I don't have one but am very interested in that exact seat. I have a Mustang on my Sportster that I love. I'd be very interested to hear your opinion of this seat. Especially if it helps with leg room.

Dave
Galveston, Texas
I certainly will...

Old 03-08-2015, 10:18 AM
wiseguyups
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm wanting to hear reviews myself. I'm not sure if I want to be back an extra 1.75"
Wont that take room away from the passenger?
And the rider backrest will take a little more room to
She really likes the extra room she has on the new ride

Old 03-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Candubrain
Road Captain
Received 152 Likes on 79 Posts

do you know what the difference is between it and the Super Vintage Tour? The only thing I can determine is that the passenger seat is wider.

Does it drop you down as we'll as back

Old 03-08-2015, 07:47 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Candubrain
do you know what the difference is between it and the Super Vintage Tour? The only thing I can determine is that the passenger seat is wider.

Does it drop you down as we'll as back
That is the only difference. The passenger seat is a little wider to help fill the gap between the speakers. I have the vintage model. Good seat but does not set you that much father back compared with the stock Rushmore seat, but does set you a little farther back. I like mine.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Felix 808
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

I needed to be moved back from the seat that was on the demo bike I rode as I was jammed up so bad I almost walked away from Harley altogether. Not sure what seat was on it, but it was completely wrong for me. Sales guy brought out the HD Tallboy which helped tremendously. When I picked up my bike I had them change to a Demo HD Tallboy before ever riding my bike. Unfortunately I never tried the "Low" (stamped on bottom) seat that was on my bike assuming it was the same as the bike I tested. The HD Tallboy gave me more room, but was a butt burner, so I bought the Super Touring Mustang seat with back rest. I went with this seat because I was hoping to have the same feel as my VTX1300R with the Mustang sport touring which sits you into the bike instead of on top of it, or so it feels. Well I was a little disappointed when I got it as far as the feel I was looking for. It gave me plenty of room, but still didn't achieve what I wanted. I sent the Mustang seat to Mean City Cycles & they dropped it an 1" with memory foam & narrowed the thigh area & had them move it up 1/4" as I thought it was a little stretched at times & It feels much better. The length is really good for me now.

I'm 5'11" 29" arms(holding tape in thumb & finger to shoulder)& have a 33" inseam.

HTH

Old 03-08-2015, 11:28 PM
rcrankin
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I have the mustang summit and backrest on my 2014 FLHTK. I am 6' 2" with a 34" inseam. The stock seat was a butt burner and put me a top of the tank. I had the sundowner on my previous bike and this is my first mustang. It's not a sofa, the foam is somewhat firm and is wider than stock. I like the extra room. My GF is not a large girl, so there are no issues with space on the back. For me, this is an excellent seat and worth the money.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:58 AM
oakspeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

got one on my 2014 street glide, with the back rest.
the best money you will spend on your bike.
go for it.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:10 AM
Roadglide33
Tourer

Thanks guys for the input...

Quick Reply: Mustang summit seat for 2014 flhtk...