Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I just found these surfing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bikeman-Perf...3D192182225225

Look very similar to the D&D.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:30 AM
TBagger
Tourer
Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I recently switched from V&H Power Dual (X Pipe) to the Dragos True Dual H pipe. Sounds better than the X Pipe IMO, and much improved side to side equalization. Also by the butt meter runs better as well. The X Pipes have the rasp sound where as the H does not. Just another option out of many.

The following users liked this post:
Rdcris (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 06:49 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by WG Gabe
If the Jackpot 2-1-2 provides a 30-70 split than the D&D x pipe will also provide something similar since it is a 2-1-2 pipe as well.
I'm curious why equal pressure out of each pipe matters to the OP, you certainly won't notice it riding and at idle, people aren't going to be checking it at bike night (I do agree with the fact that a 2-1 should stay a regular 2-1 with no stupid ghost pipe just for looks out of the back).

With one pipe having more bends than the other (having to curve down, under the bike, then curve again out the other side) there's more restrictions along that exhaust path. It would make sense that the straight pipe would essentially have to pick up the slack.

Another question is, if the pipes are only merged for a few inches, is this really making that much of a difference over true duals?

Old 05-26-2017, 01:23 PM
Rdcris
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
I'm curious why equal pressure out of each pipe matters to the OP, you certainly won't notice it riding and at idle, people aren't going to be checking it at bike night (I do agree with the fact that a 2-1 should stay a regular 2-1 with no stupid ghost pipe just for looks out of the back).

With one pipe having more bends than the other (having to curve down, under the bike, then curve again out the other side) there's more restrictions along that exhaust path. It would make sense that the straight pipe would essentially have to pick up the slack.

Another question is, if the pipes are only merged for a few inches, is this really making that much of a difference over true duals?

Just like the stock pipe as with some of these 2-1-2 pipes it's basically a 2-1 with a big leak! IMO Because of that radical turn to feed the left side. Exhaust flow is going to take the path of least resistance.

I hate the way my stock pipe sounds, I definitely hear only the right side.

With the D&D and the Hellbent design the pipes before and after the merge are inline with each other as well and even more so with the H-pipe designs.

We have two mufflers why not use them. I really don't like the look on a bagger with just one muffler.

I was kind a shocked to be told from FM that the jackpot 2-1-2 had such a difference if flow. That X they have looks well designed.

Just my thoughts on pipes.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:29 PM
Rdcris
Cruiser

It's done!

I just ordered the S&S Power Tune Duels.

You may wonder why I was asking and looking for the right pipes.

Just didn't want this to turn into what I went through to get the right seat.
4 seats later I have what works for me.

Thanks for all the input.

Now the wait begins to put them on.

Old 06-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Rdcris
Cruiser

Just finished with the install of the S&S Power Tune Duels.

I was not sure I had the right pipes.
Seems they have changed location of the bungs. No more two locations for 09 up by the head, and 10-16 down at the collector.

Now the rear pipe the bung is right above the trans cover and the front is down where the stock location is.

Getting the pipe into position was difficult, my lift would not work, so I did the install with the bike on the kick stand.

The instructions provided were not for this updated pipe, I went on the S&S website to see if they had updated it. The version on the website was even older than what they sent me. Mine was dated 1/17.

Once I got all the clamps loosely attached, all went just fine.

I loaded a base map using the V&H power duels head pipe, with V&H Monster Ovals mufflers.

The sound is great, pretty equal exhaust flow.

Went for a quick ride, got it up to operating temp, no popping.

Much less heat on the right side than before!!

Hopefully the weather will be good tomorrow morning for a longer ride.

So far all is well.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:13 PM
Rocketman83
Advanced
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I know this is an old thread but was curious if you had an update on the S&S Power Tune header you installed. I am considering this header but have concerns about the rear o2 sensor location. Feel free to PM me. Thx

Old 01-05-2021, 09:04 PM
Rdcris
Cruiser

Those pipe are long gone!!
They fit just fine.