Sponsored by:

Add another knock from me on Rossmeyer's HD

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 11:41 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Add another knock from me on Rossmeyer's HD

So when I bought my 14 FLHP from Rossmeyer's they stated that they had fully prepped my bike and it was ready to go. Among the things I took it back to them to "re-prep" (ahem...) was the left side exhaust which was flopping around. They 'fixed' it and so I just assumed it was HD's fault that it flops. Since I am now going through the bike from stem to stern I decided I would address the exhaust. Took it apart, got a new crossover pipe gasket, and put it back together properly (all the way on for one thing). Now it is as I think it should be... nice and stable.

I have a litany of poor service stuff on this dealership... so if I were you and you are considering dealing with them, don't ever do it.

C#

Old 05-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Hd589
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 49 Posts

Agreed by far the worse and most incompetent service DEPT ever.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:12 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Interesting, they have quite a fortress built there along 95...maybe since Bruce died?

Old 05-29-2017, 06:01 PM
Harttoo
Road Master

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Interesting, they have quite a fortress built there along 95...maybe since Bruce died?
Bruce built that before His death.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:07 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Harttoo
Bruce built that before His death.
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe service turned bad since his death? Never had any dealing with them but visited a few times before his death and it always seemed to be a decent place, nice people.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:31 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I live close by but bought my 2017 35 miles away in Sanford. The place is going down hill fast/ parts dept has nothing in it/ I needed a windshield mounting bolt, it had to be ordered ?? I had a battery replaced there, under warrantee, they dropped it in breaking a relay for my aux lights. I brought a wheel in wanting to get a tire mounted/ they mounted it backwards... small problems but should not happen.... Bruce's daughter is running it into the ground... Every time I go there/ I see new sales people... never a good sign. They maybe number one but I don't think they will be on top to much longer.

Ride Safe JIM

Old 06-01-2017, 05:24 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

But it's Rossmeyer's. Destination Daytona, Harley Town USA, the "I haaad a dream" of Harley dealerships. You should be proud that they created a place where you can pay homage by riding in and dropping off bags of your money.

I went to see it shortly after Bike Week last year. It was like a ghost town and every employee I came in contact with couldn't have cared less that I had money to spend.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:52 AM
Harttoo
Road Master

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

They are not going away soon.I go to Bike Week and Biketoberfest every year.Except last Biketoberfest hurricane.I have watched Daytona HD since They were on Beach St.I am stunned at how many bikes that are sold during Bike events.
I have a friend Who bought a used 2016 Limited this past Bike Week.They had a large tent full of used bikes near the front door.By the end of Bike week two thirds of those bikes were gone and I don't know how many new one's were sold.All I know is,if You ride a new one You will want it.They have about 12 sales desks inside.All were full that Saturday.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:55 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Harttoo
They are not going away soon.I go to Bike Week and Biketoberfest every year.Except last Biketoberfest hurricane.I have watched Daytona HD since They were on Beach St.I am stunned at how many bikes that are sold during Bike events.
I have a friend Who bought a used 2016 Limited this past Bike Week.They had a large tent full of used bikes near the front door.By the end of Bike week two thirds of those bikes were gone and I don't know how many new one's were sold.All I know is,if You ride a new one You will want it.They have about 12 sales desks inside.All were full that Saturday.
That makes sense to their business model where they are... all the bikes they sell are to people who don't deal with them frequently... they send their poor service elsewhere. They add 50% to their service prices during rallies. You go home and fix it yourself or take it to your local dealer to fix their screw ups. Some people on this forum told me I should have checked all of their work and that it was my fault for not doing so.

C#

Old 06-02-2017, 08:10 AM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Isn't how a lot of business go when the kids Get their hands on something their parents worked so hard at. With in a few years the business is done because of poor management and greed.
Destiny USA is a cool place to visit, but for how much longer.

Quick Reply: Add another knock from me on Rossmeyer's HD