Sponsored by:

Looking for Specific Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 12:18 PM
yowflhtk
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking for Specific Feedback

Looking for feedback from those who have a 17' or up Ultra Limited or Classic with a Harley Adjustable Rider Backrest and a Hammock seat. Wanting to know if the adjustable backrest works properly with the Hammock seat or whether there are fitment issues leaving a large gap in the slot between the rider and the pillion. Let me know if you have this set-up.

Cheers,

Old 06-21-2019, 02:07 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,950 Likes on 2,169 Posts

FWIW, I know the seat and backrest will be the exact same setup-wise on '14-'16 and '18-'19 Ultra Limited and Ultra Classic models, as well as Road Glide Ultra models. Again, FWIW, my stock '14 Ultra Limited seat has a gap between the rider and the passenger pillion.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:23 AM
yowflhtk
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
FWIW, I know the seat and backrest will be the exact same setup-wise on '14-'16 and '18-'19 Ultra Limited and Ultra Classic models, as well as Road Glide Ultra models. Again, FWIW, my stock '14 Ultra Limited seat has a gap between the rider and the passenger pillion.
Thanks for the feedback. Would you recommend going ahead with the hammock if you had to do it all over again?

Cheers,

Old 06-24-2019, 08:42 AM
rwven
Road Master
Received 232 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by yowflhtk
Thanks for the feedback. Would you recommend going ahead with the hammock if you had to do it all over again?

Cheers,
I've got the hammock and I like it. It's recommended that you reinforce the fabric sling's attachment points . I'm on my second Hammock, the first was replaced under warranty for a seam at the front of the saddle separating but the new one (out of warranty) is doing the same thing but to a much lesser extent.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:46 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,950 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Cheers,
I've considered a Hammock and occasionally I have seen them for sale in the Classifieds. I just haven't pulled the trigger. I've read about some owners having had issues with the seams ripping and the sling pulling loose, so those two issues made me hesitate. My stock seat has served me well with an Air Hawk for long rides. I've read good things about sheep skin, so I might give one a try. I'm trying to avoid the seat merry-go-round.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:45 AM
16Bullitt
Grand HDF Member
Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

My question is does the Hammock seat raise or lower you? Lower would be fine but I'm not looking to be any higher.

Old 07-01-2019, 12:32 PM
HarleyBT
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked up my '19 Limited a week ago last Friday. Put the hammock seat and adjustable back rest on. It is very comfortable but the back rest does make a overly large gap that my "08 with a Sundowner and same back rest did not have. Dealer told me that is unfortunately normal. The hammock seat does make sit up a little higher but the more I ride it (just over a 1,000 mi so far) it seems to let me touch the ground a little better. One note on the back rest. As per recommendations of other riders on the H-D site customer reviews I took a sledge hammer to the back rest to increase the angle so there is actually some adjustment. Could one of you guys tell me where the "hammock sling attachment points" are and how did you reinforce them? Thanks!

Old 07-02-2019, 03:30 PM
yowflhtk
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HarleyBT
Picked up my '19 Limited a week ago last Friday. Put the hammock seat and adjustable back rest on. It is very comfortable but the back rest does make a overly large gap that my "08 with a Sundowner and same back rest did not have. Dealer told me that is unfortunately normal. The hammock seat does make sit up a little higher but the more I ride it (just over a 1,000 mi so far) it seems to let me touch the ground a little better. One note on the back rest. As per recommendations of other riders on the H-D site customer reviews I took a sledge hammer to the back rest to increase the angle so there is actually some adjustment. Could one of you guys tell me where the "hammock sling attachment points" are and how did you reinforce them? Thanks!
Check out this thread for the Hammock "fix"
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...at-owners.html

BTW, thanks for feedback on my original question. You're the 1st to respond to the info I was looking for.

Last edited by yowflhtk; 07-02-2019 at 03:34 PM. Reason: To Say Thanks
Old 07-02-2019, 09:09 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Looking for feedback from those who have a 17' or up Ultra Limited or Classic with a Harley Adjustable Rider Backrest and a Hammock seat. Wanting to know if the adjustable backrest works properly with the Hammock seat or whether there are fitment issues leaving a large gap in the slot between the rider and the pillion. Let me know if you have this set-up.

Cheers,
I have this setup and there is no large gap. In fact, the backrest mount is tight as hell getting it through the slot in the seat. Takes a little bit but you can get it in there and it works well. "tightness" issue was not a problem with the standard backrest mount.