Sponsored by:

Sony XAV-AX7000 MICROPHONE

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 04:35 PM
coolmaven
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sony XAV-AX7000 MICROPHONE

How have you guys mounted the XAV-AX7000/5000 microphone? Looking for some discreet/integrated looking ideas for my Street Glide - pics appreciated!

Old 12-05-2019, 05:02 PM
BlkDragon
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't bother with my setup.....I was told by the shop that installed it that it's in my storage compartment in the fairing......hell, I will never use that, I use Sena 20S to answer my phone if I have to.

Old 12-05-2019, 05:16 PM
coolmaven
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 20s on my full face but i also ride with a half helmet quite a bit - would be nice to have the voice commands.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:23 AM
BlkDragon
Cruiser

I agreed but with all the surrounding/wind noises microphone will not work properly......those microphone voice command feature is for cages I don't think they design it for motorcycles.

Old 12-07-2019, 08:59 PM
Mxpilot
Road Captain
Received 534 Likes on 201 Posts

Shop who installed mine said they DO NOT work on motorcycles, so they don’t even try. It was in an envelope with my user manual in the saddlebag when they finished.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:37 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/attac...d-photo255.jpg
Where I put mine, works at low speeds and stopped. Sorry I cannot post pictures from my PC.

Last edited by barrygreen; 12-13-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:09 AM
havinabubble
Road Captain
Received 230 Likes on 166 Posts
Question

Hey BlkDragon, can I trouble you with a question...
Looking to upgrade to the Sony XAV-AX7000, and have a 20S EVO headset and Freewire with Boom 6.5GT currently

How is your phone attached to Sony?
Is your 20S BT to your Phone or to the Sony?

and do you get just calls to the headset, or can you get turn by turn and audio?

reading that you can't get the later....which threw up the question of can i even use a headset with the Sony HU to make and receive calls?

TIA

Originally Posted by BlkDragon
I don't bother with my setup.....I was told by the shop that installed it that it's in my storage compartment in the fairing......hell, I will never use that, I use Sena 20S to answer my phone if I have to.

Old 02-19-2020, 05:26 AM
BlkDragon
Cruiser

Originally Posted by havinabubble
Hey BlkDragon, can I trouble you with a question...
Looking to upgrade to the Sony XAV-AX7000, and have a 20S EVO headset and Freewire with Boom 6.5GT currently

How is your phone attached to Sony? Phone to Sony works with phone calls (unless you are not moving works fine, too much ambient noise otherwise), navigation & music.
Is your 20S BT to your Phone or to the Sony? Phone, you can't BT from Sony to Sena.

and do you get just calls to the headset, or can you get turn by turn and audio? Both.

reading that you can't get the later....which threw up the question of can i even use a headset with the Sony HU to make and receive calls? Sony is a receiver and not transmitter so only one way.

TIA
See reply in RED above...

The following users liked this post:
havinabubble (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 05:35 AM
havinabubble
Road Captain
Received 230 Likes on 166 Posts

thanks for that...

so is your phone USB to the Sony, and you have carplay/android auto active?
as you mention moving, are you on handsfree (via the phone) as the ambient noise is a problem?

Great news that the headset works for calls, I take it your contact name shows up on the screen when they call/you dial out, even though you are talking through the headset?

(sorry for the barrage of questions but you have a working setup and I'm hoping to pick up a Sony HU when in Daytona)

Originally Posted by BlkDragon
Phone to Sony works with phone calls (unless you are not moving works fine, too much ambient noise otherwise), navigation & music.
Is your 20S BT to your Phone or to the Sony? Phone, you can't BT from Sony to Sena.

and do you get just calls to the headset, or can you get turn by turn and audio? Both.

Sony is a receiver and not transmitter so only one way.

Old 02-19-2020, 05:45 AM
BlkDragon
Cruiser

Originally Posted by havinabubble
thanks for that...

so is your phone USB to the Sony, and you have carplay/android auto active? Yes.
as you mention moving, are you on handsfree (via the phone) as the ambient noise is a problem? No, I meant if you are using Sony to answer the phone......through 20S is great. I have loud exhaust and ambient wind noise I can't hear through Sony very well and forget about speaking through Sony mic while riding :-(

Great news that the headset works for calls, I take it your contact name shows up on the screen when they call/you dial out, even though you are talking through the headset? Correct.

(sorry for the barrage of questions but you have a working setup and I'm hoping to pick up a Sony HU when in Daytona) Not at all and you are welcome with any questions I can answer.
Glad to answer any question that I can so no worries.....just ask, if I can't answer someone will from this Forum.

The following users liked this post:
havinabubble (02-19-2020)

Quick Reply: Sony XAV-AX7000 MICROPHONE