Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to reset 2014 6.5 Infotainment?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 03:32 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to reset 2014 6.5 Infotainment?

Does anyone on here know how to reset the 6.5 Infotainment stereo to its factory defaults? I get my Limited back a couple days ago and decided to do lil ride today since its warmed up to a balmy 35 degrees, and as soon as the infotainment system starts up, I get an error message that says the CB can not be detected. It then finishes its start up process and I scroll over to the select the CB and its all in the subdued lighting as though there is not CB on the bike. I turn the bike off and try again and still nothing. I do that three time sand still nothing. My dealer had to "RESET" my infotainment system before because it was locking up going down the road. I personally think that I just have a bad infotainment unit but Harley says all will be perfect and wonderful when the download is released. BTW,.... that last sentence was said with a very sarcastic tone,..... LOL

Old 12-08-2013, 04:17 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Almost sounds like its not on the (CAN) bus....maybe the connector became dislodged...

Old 12-08-2013, 04:31 PM
dh2683
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just checked owners area on website & it says to see your dealer to restore to factory defaults. WTH it cant be that difficult.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Ghostrider1967
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is out of the 2014 Touring electrial diagnostic manual. Maybe try this? To enter the service menu:
1. Turn IGN OFF. Wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold power/mute button. Turn IGN? to ACC.
3. Continue to press power button for 2 seconds after the WARNING screen is displayed.
4. Release power/mute button and accept warning.
The service menu may display Diag Service not Availiable when a menu option is initially selected. This message will clear once the system has finished performing the power-on process. Options are: DTCs, Audio, Display, Key input, Component menus, Version info, Reset, Touchscreen.
Reset: Pre-calibration reset: Restores fatory default settings. This is recommended when there are radio symptoms and no DTCs*
Post calibration save: Archives customers settings so that they can be restored after a Post calibration Reset.
Post calibration reset: Resets the radio to factory default settings and restores the last archive data stored during Post calibration Save. Give it a whirl? Let me know if this works?

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Goodlife (05-10-2018)
Old 12-08-2013, 06:44 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior

I really don't know what could be the cause of it. It "shouldn't" be unplugged but with my luck,....who knows. Thanks for the advice ghostrider1967,... It might just be best for me to take it to my dealer. Considering how many problems that ive had lately, I don't want them thinking that "Ï" was the cause of the problem.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Ghostrider1967
Cruiser

Reading more of my manuals, the CB radio is a module separate from the infotainment system. It's, facing the bike from the front under the fairing right top. It has a molex plug from the cb module then plugs into the infotainment unit. Maybe it might just have a loose connection or possibly bad cb module? Maybe it is just not reconizing the module? Hope this helps?

Old 12-08-2013, 06:59 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ghostrider1967
Reading more of my manuals, the CB radio is a module separate from the infotainment system. It's, facing the bike from the front under the fairing right top. It has a molex plug from the cb module then plugs into the infotainment unit. Maybe it might just have a loose connection or possibly bad cb module? Maybe it is just not reconizing the module? Hope this helps?
Thanks,.... actually it does help. I've had some issues with this head unit and I really think that my head unit itself is bad, so I'm going to take it to a new dealer at the advice of the Harley regional service rep and let them figure it out. I just don't want them to act as though that I was the cause of ANY of the problems. I already had some "words" with the service manager where I purchased my bike, when he told me that the complaints with my infotainment system were very minimal and that I had no reason to be complaining about them.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Ghostrider1967
Cruiser

I agree, good move. I used a different dealer recently to do the service bulletin fill neck on the radiator and the service was excellent. They offered to do the high beam to be on with the driving spots for free b4 I even asked. I do most of the work on the bike and my previous bike. The service manuals are gold for me. Gook luck with your new service dept. It worked for me.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:51 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostrider1967
This is out of the 2014 Touring electrial diagnostic manual. Maybe try this? To enter the service menu:
1. Turn IGN OFF. Wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold power/mute button. Turn IGN? to ACC.
3. Continue to press power button for 2 seconds after the WARNING screen is displayed.
4. Release power/mute button and accept warning.
The service menu may display Diag Service not Availiable when a menu option is initially selected. This message will clear once the system has finished performing the power-on process. Options are: DTCs, Audio, Display, Key input, Component menus, Version info, Reset, Touchscreen.
Reset: Pre-calibration reset: Restores fatory default settings. This is recommended when there are radio symptoms and no DTCs*
Post calibration save: Archives customers settings so that they can be restored after a Post calibration Reset.
Post calibration reset: Resets the radio to factory default settings and restores the last archive data stored during Post calibration Save. Give it a whirl? Let me know if this works?
Thanks Ghost for posting this, it worked perfectly and reset the infotainment system to factory defaults. I got so deep into changing settings and things working differently I was lost and figured a reset was the only answer. I can't believe HD doesn't have a reset to default button somewhere on the menu. Damn system is so frustrating and complicated...anyway, thanks!

The following users liked this post:
MasterMac (08-04-2019)
Old 02-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Ghostrider1967
Cruiser

Great, I'm glad it worked for you.

Quick Reply: How to reset 2014 6.5 Infotainment?