Sponsored by:

Infotainment/GPS Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 05:41 PM
Popeye75
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Infotainment/GPS Question

Last November, I sold my '09 Road Glide and bought a '14 Limited. Awesome machine. Both bikes have a quirk though - I've never seen a car in about 30 years that didn't have metric speedometer markings (kph). Two years ago, went to Canada on a 2 week trip and theirs don't have mph markings on the speedo. Actually got pulled over outside Halifax NS for going too slow by the RCMP Mounties. No ticket and was fun talking to him.

After that, bought the Nuvi 660 so I wouldn't get lost and could see KPH speed. However, I've not found the capability to turn on Kilometers Per Hour on the GPS if I go back to Canada again. I hope to make a return trip this summer.

Does anybody know how to do it? Can it be done or possibly does the GPS change over automatically once I go North of the border??? I hope there's no voodoo involved. The new ride needs some serious miles put on it!

Old 04-27-2014, 06:01 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Popeye75
Last November, I sold my '09 Road Glide and bought a '14 Limited. Awesome machine. Both bikes have a quirk though - I've never seen a car in about 30 years that didn't have metric speedometer markings (kph). Two years ago, went to Canada on a 2 week trip and theirs don't have mph markings on the speedo. Actually got pulled over outside Halifax NS for going too slow by the RCMP Mounties. No ticket and was fun talking to him.

After that, bought the Nuvi 660 so I wouldn't get lost and could see KPH speed. However, I've not found the capability to turn on Kilometers Per Hour on the GPS if I go back to Canada again. I hope to make a return trip this summer.

Does anybody know how to do it? Can it be done or possibly does the GPS change over automatically once I go North of the border??? I hope there's no voodoo involved. The new ride needs some serious miles put on it!
Go to home -> setup -> scroll to English -> select between English and Metric

Old 04-27-2014, 06:02 PM
jstrenn
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Go to the "Setup" screen. Scroll down to "English", Push that and it will say "Metric"

Now go to your map screen and on the lower right or left data field. I think it has a flag. Click on that to show your speed and it will be in KPH.

Your Welcome!!

Old 04-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Howler_LI
Road Captain
Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

For the 6.5":
Home, Setup, English (or Metric)

2 answers while I typed. Boy am I slooow.

Last edited by Howler_LI; 04-27-2014 at 06:08 PM. Reason: turtle
Old 04-28-2014, 04:10 AM
Popeye75
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks - as always, knew I could count on the board for answers. My salesman and another (who is from Canada BTW) didn't know......

Old 04-30-2014, 02:58 PM
Lango
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use one of the two bottom panels when the map is up. You can have your speed (pick Metric for KPH or it will be in MPH), I chose the time for the other bottom panel.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:14 PM
jecsearay
6th Gear

All Right, All Right, All Right! ..... Infotainment/GPS... Now that I have figured out how to "track" a route that I want to save and repeat at another time; How do I save and name, can I download to a map?, I can't seem to find any instructions in the manual...help, help, help>

Old 10-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Whynotsmitty
Intermediate

In a pinch, multiply the kph by 6 and drop the zero to get mph. Germany was simple, almost everywhere was 50,100,130, or unlimited. Just had to remember 3 speeds to cover 90% of the country.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:24 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Lango
I use one of the two bottom panels when the map is up. You can have your speed (pick Metric for KPH or it will be in MPH), I chose the time for the other bottom panel.

what's this? I had no idea they showed a GPS speed?

Old 10-05-2014, 10:37 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by shore
what's this? I had no idea they showed a GPS speed?
When on the map screen, scroll down to either data field in the bottom, click it, you can choose what to display.

And FWIW, it is NOT "GPS" speed, it reads from the ECM. But it will display speed.

Quick Reply: Infotainment/GPS Question