Sponsored by:

PTT not working / Boom! v1.18 / 2015 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 06:35 PM
mavantix
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default PTT not working / Boom! v1.18 / 2015 FLHTK

Traded my 2013 FLHTK for the brand new 2015 one and trying to get the intercom Vox / PTT setup. I don't really like using Vox because various noises, wife singing along to radio, etc, cut it on. Have CB off, and lowered Vox all the way as described in the owners manual, but still pushing PTT doesn't open the Mic to start talking like it did on the old HK radios (yes I know the button is on the right side now too). Do you still have to start talking for it to open the Mic even with the PTT pushed? I don't get it, just seem like it's not working at all. Ideas? Going to update to 1.18.1 tonight, maybe that'll help. I'm wondering if the actual PTT button is not working. Any way to confirm that, like does it do any other function I could test?

Old 08-31-2014, 06:49 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by mavantix
Traded my 2013 FLHTK for the brand new 2015 one and trying to get the intercom Vox / PTT setup. I don't really like using Vox because various noises, wife singing along to radio, etc, cut it on. Have CB off, and lowered Vox all the way as described in the owners manual, but still pushing PTT doesn't open the Mic to start talking like it did on the old HK radios (yes I know the button is on the right side now too). Do you still have to start talking for it to open the Mic even with the PTT pushed? I don't get it, just seem like it's not working at all. Ideas? Going to update to 1.18.1 tonight, maybe that'll help. I'm wondering if the actual PTT button is not working. Any way to confirm that, like does it do any other function I could test?
It should work with PPT when the Intercom sensitivity is set all the way to the left. Make sure the Setup output selection for Com is set to headset. Also, make sure the Intercom is turned on (upper left in the Intercom menu) and then turn up the volumes for the headsets before exiting the Intercom screen. The rear headset volume can only be set using the rear (passenger) volume control. Also, after you return to the Home screen, verify the Intercom icon is shown in the lower row (indicates intercom is on) and that it highlights when pressing the PTT (indicates PTT is working). If icon is there & highlighting when PTT is pressed but intercom still doesn't seem to be working, it's a headset volume issue.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:32 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,698 Likes on 1,030 Posts

You may have checked- but push the PTT switch and at the same time, use the left paddle and push it up to increase to vol.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:54 PM
mavantix
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the tips, all good things to check, and I had done them. It seems v1.18.1 resolved the issue I was having and PTT is now working as expected (it actually activates when you press the button!)... so maybe it was a v1.18 issue. Found another bug in v1.18.1 though, it killed Tuner audio when I set my ringtone and the volume would only control a "Ring Tone" volume slider. Seems the fix for that was leaving the bike off long enough to make the radio reboot or something. I see H-D still has a few bugs to work out in the software...

Old 12-06-2014, 07:42 AM
llucarelli
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mavantix
Thanks for the tips, all good things to check, and I had done them. It seems v1.18.1 resolved the issue I was having and PTT is now working as expected (it actually activates when you press the button!)... so maybe it was a v1.18 issue. Found another bug in v1.18.1 though, it killed Tuner audio when I set my ringtone and the volume would only control a "Ring Tone" volume slider. Seems the fix for that was leaving the bike off long enough to make the radio reboot or something. I see H-D still has a few bugs to work out in the software...
The ring tone only being controlled in volume until complete shutdown issue still exists in 1.18.2. You have to wait on a shut down for ~30 seconds as that is how long it takes for the infotainment system to completely power down. If you listen closely to the speaker you can still hear it home very low until the shutdown is been completed. You're okay to turn the bike back on and volume will work for the radio. Wish there was a list at Harley published of known bugs and timeline to fix them. Not sure that's ever going to happen though.