Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Are you looking for a riding club?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 01:08 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,565 Likes on 1,083 Posts
Default Are you looking for a riding club?

If you are looking for a nice group of people to ride with and you leave the drama at home, take a look at the Southern Cruisers Riding Club (SCRC). We are a nice group of people to ride with (male and female) with no brand preference. Most people do ride either a Harley or a Goldwing, but we have members riding BMW's, Kawasaki's, etc. We usually have rides every weekend, sometimes during the week and also occasionally have overnight trips. If interested in more information or meeting for a ride, let me know. I'm a member of the northern NJ chapter and I'll be leading a scenic ride this Saturday to John Fazio Farms.

The following users liked this post:
Goose_NC (01-18-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 07:58 AM
BSSEvan
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this thread is old but do you guys meet at the same location mostly every ride? How many people usually go would you say.

Thanks!

Old 01-17-2024, 09:11 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BSSEvan
I know this thread is old but do you guys meet at the same location mostly every ride? How many people usually go would you say.
Hi!
There are a couple of locations we will meet for a ride, depending on who leads the ride. Typically, the ride leader will determine the meeting spot. Probably 80% of the rides leave from either the Wawa in Butler, NJ or the Wawa in Mountain Lakes, NJ. We usually have from (4) to (10) riders. The winter riding season or off season, less riders show-up. There aren't many rides during the winter, besides the Polar Bear rides which a few of us do. During the riding season we do have a couple of overnight trips. Typically in June, we have a meet-up with other regions of the southern cruisers. It's a fun time, and we usually get about 60+ people. We also have an overnight trip in the fall. This past fall, we rode up to Maine for a few days.

hairymoth (01-18-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 10:23 AM
hairymoth
Road Warrior
Received 1,232 Likes on 424 Posts

Thanks for this post. Because of my schedule, I work some weekends and can rarely ride Sundays until about 1PM, I don't think a club will really work for me; but I would like to participate in a ride to learn more.
I am in the area, both of the meeting spots work really well for me.

Old 01-18-2024, 03:38 PM
touchdown
Supporter

Received 1,662 Likes on 948 Posts

I tried to email the Lititz chapter It don't bring me to email. I am interrested

Old 01-18-2024, 04:44 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by touchdown
I tried to email the Lititz chapter It don't bring me to email. I am interrested
To get information on the PA Chapters, you might want to email Joe Lape, who is the PA State Officer. He's a very nice guy that organizes the NorthEast Meet & Greet. Last year I lead two nice rides at this event. One ride took us to some elk viewing and the Straub brewery (218 miles). The second ride was around the Allegheny National Forest and the Zippo/Case museum (202 miles).
His email address is: gidagojoe@comcast.net
If you want, you can tell him Brett, from the Northern NJ Chapter (#173) sent you.

Old 01-18-2024, 04:52 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hairymoth
Thanks for this post. Because of my schedule, I work some weekends and can rarely ride Sundays until about 1PM, I don't think a club will really work for me; but I would like to participate in a ride to learn more.
I am in the area, both of the meeting spots work really well for me.
We ride both Saturday and Sundays. Hopefully you will find some time to check us out. Very informal. No dues, no drama! Our chapter (Southern Cruisers, Northern NJ) is fairly active. I'm also a member of the local HOG chapter and sometimes ride with them. I like the rides with the Southern Cruisers better. We have less people on them, our rides are much longer and the ride pace is a bit faster. During the warmer months when we have more daylight, our rides can be anywhere from 150 to 250 miles.

hairymoth (01-18-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 10:45 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior
Received 1,232 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
We ride both Saturday and Sundays. Hopefully you will find some time to check us out. Very informal. No dues, no drama! Our chapter (Southern Cruisers, Northern NJ) is fairly active. I'm also a member of the local HOG chapter and sometimes ride with them. I like the rides with the Southern Cruisers better. We have less people on them, our rides are much longer and the ride pace is a bit faster. During the warmer months when we have more daylight, our rides can be anywhere from 150 to 250 miles.
That sounds perfect.. I will keep an eye on the website for events.

Thank you.