Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

forming a club in batavia new york

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:17 AM
ironchoppermc
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forming a club in batavia new york

just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in starting a club in the batavia area,the only thing I have found in the area is the local hog chapter,so lets hear from you if you are in this area,if interested go to my website,sign the guestbook,and I will shoot an email back,even if you have suggestions or ideas for this area,just trying to get a group together to do rides and such.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:54 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: forming a club in batavia new york

in general, think organized clubs are lame - riding cycle is about freedom...

Old 10-03-2007, 07:44 AM
ironchoppermc
6th Gear

well if you enjoy riding alone,more power to you,I enjoy everything that comes with riding a harley,and that includes others joining in on the ride,I live in an area where I see alot of bikes on the road,but cant seem to find an organized group in my immediate area,so I thought id try and start a club and seek these individuals out,and share the good times,we are just family oriented fun loving people,not hard core get in your face types,so if being a loner is your thing,then thats cool,but dont judge me,for im not judging you.it takes all kinds even in the biker world.so keep the rubber on the road,and if anyone wants to join us just shoot an e-mail.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:50 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member

I didn't say I ride alone and in fact do the bulk of my riding in groups. I ride with friends I started riding with (the DD boys), my brother and my old friends, some riders who like to cut up the twisties, and an HD Forums group, just to name four. We can have two or three bikes or fifteen. We sometimes even combine the groups. I ENJOY the friendship and meeting new people.

I think formal clubs are lame I thoroughly enjoy riding with others.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:08 AM
ironchoppermc
6th Gear

thats cool,I did not mean anything different or ill meaning in my post.I too am not that big on organized clubs,unlike you I dont have any friends or family to ride with,thats why I am trying to form an unorganized kind of club just to find others to ride with once and awhile.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:57 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, I did have my friend Joe, but I got my brother and some of my other friends riding so I had to find guys to ridw with just about on my own. I actually met the DD boys thru a guy who knew my buddy Vic and rode with them, DD introduced me to the fast riders (A-riders) and then me and one of the DD/A-riders and I met the HD Forums guys together. So what I'm saying is you're doing the right thing - find a couple of guys here, meet their buddies, and their buddies buddies. If you're on two or three or four guys email or phone "list" who call or email on Wednesday "do you want to ride" you'll be choosing between which bunch of friends you're riding with before you know it...

I don't like the organized groups - you spend more time organizing than riding, too many bosses and rules. Any group that says you can't ride if you don't join is against my point - that I'm into biking for the freedom and to meet cool and interesting people that share that passion...

Old 10-03-2007, 09:16 AM
ironchoppermc
6th Gear

sounds like exactly what I am trying to do.we will see what happens,thanks for the replies.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful what you wish for, you might get some newbie riders, and they could be dangerous on the road.