Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Last week in NH bike week

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Livefree
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last week in NH bike week

I had a great time at Bike week in Laconia NH last week.&nbsp\\; I want to thank everyone that gave some input on where to ride.&nbsp\\; We did try MT. Washington on Tuesday but it was closed do to hail and bad storms.&nbsp\\; We also road over to Maine and had a great seafood lunch.&nbsp\\; Other then being in the rain a few times it was still alot of fun.&nbsp\\; Ps. the girls in the lobster pound were smoking hot.&nbsp\\; I'll be back next year.&nbsp\\; I still hope my next trip is to Niagra Falls this summer.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: Last week in NH bike week

Mt. Washington was the highlight of my Laconia trip

Old 06-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 816 Likes on 462 Posts

A bunch of us are taking the rice bikes up Mt Washington this weekend. Ride report next week!

I was dissapointed that many of the usual vendors were AWOL, like Kawasaki, Dodge and especially Drag Specialties. Last year Drag was not anywhere near the beach, they were a good 10 miles away I found them by accident.

For you flat landers Mt Washington is the highest point around, and the weather at the base might be 80 and sunny and by the time you get up the cow path they call a road to the top it might be snowing... IN JULY! I just checked the weather a few minutes ago and it was 41 degrees, with a 31 degree wind chill factor, 40 MPH winds, and a storm warning.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 816 Likes on 462 Posts

Old 06-24-2008, 07:37 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

One of the best trips of my life.&nbsp\\; Virginia to Laconia, with my son on his first solo long distance ride.&nbsp\\; What a memory.&nbsp\\; Thanks for the reminder.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:50 PM
BaldEagleou812
Cruiser

Grew up in Laconia and spent spent many years exploring and enjoying the White Mountain region, A few of my favorite spots are Cathedral Ledge&nbsp\\;a spot&nbsp\\;on a back road&nbsp\\;in Conway that not so many visitors know about, you can drive&nbsp\\;the bike&nbsp\\;up a paved road&nbsp\\;to&nbsp\\;a look off you wont believe look over the edge to see the rock climbers coming up towards you, and also the Notch Train out of downtown North Conway, four hour train ride through Crawford Notch much of it clinging to the side of the Notch. or the Cog Railway up Mt Washington&nbsp\\;for the not so faint of heart. I always go the first two weeks of Oct for increadiable foliage and a little break from the Sunshine state.
really miss that place.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Mandog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I would like to thank those folks at the Broken Spoke Saloon who expanded there outside activities and especially those outdoor barmaids who were dancing on top of the bar.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Livefree
Intermediate

Maddog your rite about the girls at the broken spoke.&nbsp\\; I was their Wednesday night and loved seeing the girl on girl action. It's a shame they can't be topless, what ever happen to live free or die.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:39 AM
CDN. RG
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we come down from Canada pretty much every year ,love the place good riding friendly people doesn't get any better,even got my bike dynoed for free this year ,will be back again next year,my personal fav. is the Hogs Pen but all the bars are good and we try to make it to each and everyone of the watering holes for a visit at least not necessarily a cocktail.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:03 AM
NightTrain in Vain
Road Captain

i also had&nbsp\\;a good time at the Spoke and enjoyed the girls prancing around the bar with their shorts creeping up their azz and the whip cream show, i could have lived without the "male pretend your making love to a girl even though its a mic stand show" i understand it was for the ladies but even they said it was lame, the band smoked and i never&nbsp\\;got a straight answer as to why the Boot Hill was closed, we had a great run up the Kanc and then blasting down 93 into Meredith gotta love the no helmets.

Quick Reply: Last week in NH bike week