Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

stock oil filter adapter

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 06:13 PM
my dixie wreck
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default use your stock oil filter adapter

I have ask this before but with no reply, now on my stock oil filter adapter on my 03 fatboy there is 2 allen head plug's just like all the other adapter's (jegs) were the oil line's go for and oil cooler , on my 1988 evo s t custom there is only the stock oil filter adapter with the 2 oil lines coming from it to the oil cooler,can I do the same thing on my fatboy why are the 2 allen head plugs there for an oil cooler, looks like what the did on my evo. I sure don't want to buy a oil filter adapter if I can use the stock one on my bike, I been lookin at them 2 plugs for a long time and wondering why everyone is buying a oil filter adapter when you can run a oil cooler like on my evo,,,,has anyone seen theses allen head plugs on there stock adapter,,,,,thanks,,, my Dixie wreck

Last edited by my dixie wreck; 09-04-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 09-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by my dixie wreck
I have ask this before but with no reply, now on my stock oil filter adapter on my 03 fatboy there is 2 allen head plug's just like all the other adapter's (jegs) were the oil line's go for and oil cooler , on my 1988 evo s t custom there is only the stock oil filter adapter with the 2 oil lines coming from it to the oil cooler,can I do the same thing on my fatboy why are the 2 allen head plugs there for an oil cooler, looks like what the did on my evo. I sure don't want to buy a oil filter adapter if I can use the stock one on my bike, I been lookin at them 2 plugs for a long time and wondering why everyone is buying a oil filter adapter when you can run a oil cooler like on my evo,,,,has anyone seen theses allen head plugs on there stock adapter,,,,,thanks,,, my Dixie wreck
No you can not use those on the twin cam because it will bypass the oil filter.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:33 PM
my dixie wreck
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks,,,man you have a killer fatboy and like that you did it all yourself,,thats why I got me a lil mill and cheep lathe to try and DIY but some times my money tree is not doing to good she a slow grower,, would like to see more pic,,,,thanks

Old 09-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by my dixie wreck
ok thanks,,,man you have a killer fatboy and like that you did it all yourself,,thats why I got me a lil mill and cheep lathe to try and DIY but some times my money tree is not doing to good she a slow grower,, would like to see more pic,,,,thanks
Thanks, yea love working on my bike.
My link to my build thread is in the bottom of my signature.