Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Riding, weather, and life in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:18 AM
Pitts2112
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding, weather, and life in Seattle

Hi! Got a question about life, riding, and the weather in Seattle - how are all three? I'm interviewing for a job there (and have probably jinxed my chances by posting this) and want to know a bit about what life is like in The Great Pacific Northwest as the process goes ahead. We'll be coming from London, England, so gray, drizzly weather's not a big change.

Thanks!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:45 AM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

You'll adjust well to the weather where you are coming from. LOL
Our summers are nice. Been in the 80s this week. Great riding weather. As far as territory, you can be at the ocean surfing or up in the mountains skiing or boarding with an hour of each other. Politics, this state is pretty much divided in half. Western side is very liberal and the East side falls on the conservative side. Eastern WA also has great hunting and vacationing. Nice dry heat over there. Riding is endless. Anything from flat and straight to twisties in thew mountains. Lots of camping to do as well.

Hope this helps some. If not, just ask.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:40 AM
tbrenan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We live in British Columbia and ride a lot in Washington and Oregon, the one thing often overlooked in asking about riding is how is the community?

We have never had anything negative happen to us, no matter what you ride the people are open and friendly--willing to talk --about anything, there are many rider gathering spots, great food, cold beer and good people.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Trippster
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh man, you'll love the Great Northwest. Oceans, mountains, lakes, rivers, wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:42 AM
Pitts2112
Road Captain

Man, that all sounds great for me. I'm originally from New England, so getting back to some hilly country with woods and rivers and lakes and places to go hiking and see some wildlife sounds perfect for me. The wife, though, not so much.

I hate to ask this but how about shopping? The wife'll want to know about the shopping. Keeping her happy and onside is pretty important in this move, because, as you guys all know, if Momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy!

Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM
texx
3rd Gear

Beautiful out here. Seasons are shorter then I'd like for riding in nice weather,, but when it's nice,,, there's no place like it!!! In the winter ya just buy snowmobiles to keep ya occupied. good luck!!

Old 06-04-2009, 12:47 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Pitts, there is more shopping here than she can handle. Anything from the big name brand stores down to the farmers markets. I prefer the farmers market. Best fruit and veggies around. All locally grown and fresh.

And in Renton is the new Downtown Harley cathedral. That place is great to go drool on bikes and get a bite to eat. Or a pint.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Jon H
Road Master

Yep, what you just read is true.
Just don't tell anyone, this is our little secret, OK?
Jon

Old 06-05-2009, 06:34 AM
Pitts2112
Road Captain

Sounding better and better. I fly out to Seattle next week for the first round of interviews. Can't wait to have a proper look around. I was there for a week, stranded after 9/11 but we were somewhat distracted by events at the time so didn't do any proper sightseeing. Looking forward to a few days to look around.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Skidrow
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the shopping question, I believe that Seattle is the home of what my wife considers the center of the universe... Nordstrom.

Quick Reply: Riding, weather, and life in Seattle