Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Maui, Harley rental, and the nude beach

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 01:12 AM
CHEESE
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maui, Harley rental, and the nude beach

I'm going to a Maui wedding in June. My plan is to take a day (with wife), rent a bike, and go to Red Sand Beach in Hana to swim naked. Anyone done this? Anyone done any part of it (Maui bike rental, Red Sand Beach,)? Any Maui comments or ideas are appreciated.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Taildraggerdave
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Maui, Harley rental, and the nude beach

My wife and I rented a Fatboy in Maui back in '95.
Had the best time. Can't remember where I got it at but I'm thinking somewhere in Lahaina. I remember them being all over even back then.
I paid 125.00 for 24 hours.
There was no helmet law but there was an eye protection law so you had to wear glasses.......

That and you'll need your motorcycle license.

Have fun,
Dave

Old 11-20-2006, 01:34 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Watch out for jellyfish!

Old 11-20-2006, 01:40 AM
CHEESE
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Taildraggerdave

My wife and I rented a Fatboy in Maui back in '95.
Had the best time. Can't remember where I got it at but I'm thinking somewhere in Lahaina. I remember them being all over even back then.
I paid 125.00 for 24 hours.
There was no helmet law but there was an eye protection law so you had to wear glasses.......

That and you'll need your motorcycle license.

Have fun,
Dave
That's about the rate I expect. I hear there are great twisty roads.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:41 AM
CHEESE
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ROLLNTIGER

Watch out for jellyfish!
In June? I thought they were bad in the late summer/fall, but what do I know, I live in the desert.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:45 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Street_Dennis

Watch out for jellyfish!
In June? I thought they were bad in the late summer/fall, but what do I know, I live in the desert.
I just meant if you were going to the Nude beach! LOL

Old 11-20-2006, 12:40 PM
akdmax
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Street_Dennis

Watch out for jellyfish!
Actually they cycle every month (just like our women)...about 5-7 days after the full moon the jellyfish and portuguese man-o-war are the worst. The sting hurts for a bit, but it's not too big a deal...unless of course you got stung on the _____!!! Nice roads on Maui, be careful though because there are a lot of tourists, their driving skills are impared by the bikinis and other sites.

Edit: If you have time take the snorkling trip out to molokini island, it's awesome!!!

Old 11-20-2006, 03:20 PM
lickmstickmman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got married there a few years ago. We rented a jeep while we were there and they had restrictions on where you could and coult not go. Call or check online before going. The road to Hana is twisty.. very twisty, and I think that is why they didnt want us there. But check.

The Maui HD dealer has rentals, and also there were independent business' renting them in LaHaina. We stayed in Makena Beach, and the whole experience was awesome!!!

Have fun, and eat local. Some of the local food is awesome... what part are u staying in again?

Benji

Old 11-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Stevenml155
Tourer

Love Maui -- great island! You can take the Hana road for some cool twisties or head up the Haleakala (sp?) crater and that road has some cool twisties as well - lots of 15mph turns. I would also recommend you go north of Kaanapali and up the north shore road it is nice as well. Never been to the nude beach, maybe next year! You can hit a beach restaurant called LeiLani's and the eat at the bar and see if you can get Charlie as your bartender -- he rocks and tosses you a few drinks each time -- nice! Have fun

Old 11-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the wedding plans!

The old folklore of "I survived the road to Hana" is over because the entire road to Hana is fully paved and in great shape. We took a morning tour bus along the route and it's pretty cool because they stop along the way and show you all sorts of stuff that you would miss if you were just wizzin by in a car or on a bike.

(BTW: Maui has two sides to it. The desert side and the rainforest side. Hana is on the rain forest side. It rains on and off 24/7 365 days a year.)

We got to Hana just in time for lunch which was served to us by the tour guide.

Right after lunch he took us to the Hana airport and we all loaded onto helicopters and they flew us around the Halakia (sp) volcano and back to our jeep. It took about three hours to get to Hana (it was a slow relaxing scenic ride with a great lunch) and it took us 20 minutes to get back to our Jeep. The whole trip was like $110.00/person....Cheep!

The red sand beaches are cool but there are a lot of people around. Don't know how daring you are but a quick skinny dip is possible. Watch out though, it's against the law! [:@]

Definetly take a ride up to the top of the volcano! There too, you go from sea level to 13,000 ft in about 25 minutes. The journey starts off warm and dry and then it gets rainy, then it gets dry and cold (about 45 -50 degrees) when your at the top. A bike might not be the best choice of vehicle for those two journeys.

The Desert side of the island is another story though. It would be awesome on a bike! Right near the Maui airport is Pacific HD and they rent bikes.

Be sure to bring us back some pictures!

Quick Reply: Maui, Harley rental, and the nude beach