Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 03:09 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Here's the problem with HD's new ADV bike

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters
That makes me seriously reconsider HDs offering. I like that motorcycle. Last time I was on a multistrada I was blown away by the power delivery. It was like a kick to the chest.

Old 11-28-2020, 04:41 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,065 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
Where they have BMW beat is dealer presence and support.
At this point you're right. But who knows how long HD will be able to cling to the "Largest Dealer Network" selling point? Even at that, HD forces dealers to building Taj Mahal buildings that have huge overhead, thereby turning them into sexual assault centers when someone needs anything. I would no more go into an HD dealer than I would walk into a Chevrolet dealer even though I drive a Chevy truck. Harley corporate is well on their way to creating a cottage market of "independent" shops that will take service/repair business away from franchise dealers.

Heaven help anyone who buys one if dealers put them in the same 2nd class citizen position as they did Buells.

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 11-28-2020 at 04:53 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Campy Roadie:
Long lonesome highwayman (11-30-2020), RudeHD (12-03-2020), smitty901 (11-30-2020)
Old 11-28-2020, 07:43 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

I think that Duc has won my heart. What an amazing machine and sexy as hell. Looks like Road King is going bye bye.

The following users liked this post:
Campy Roadie (11-28-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 04:35 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,834 Likes on 5,286 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
At this point you're right. But who knows how long HD will be able to cling to the "Largest Dealer Network" selling point? Even at that, HD forces dealers to building Taj Mahal buildings that have huge overhead, thereby turning them into sexual assault centers when someone needs anything. I would no more go into an HD dealer than I would walk into a Chevrolet dealer even though I drive a Chevy truck. Harley corporate is well on their way to creating a cottage market of "independent" shops that will take service/repair business away from franchise dealers.

Heaven help anyone who buys one if dealers put them in the same 2nd class citizen position as they did Buells.
I have for a long time been HD parts and service only type. I had a long time small family owned dealership that served me well. HD forced them to close as of DEC23 2020. I am done with HD parts and service. Aftermarket sells parts that as good if not better and without HD mark up. The shop manager and a few techs that work at the dealership being closed are opening and INDY shop near by. Bet I am there for all my needs.
Already explained to my wife and she agrees no more HD jackets , boots none of their branded items. Told sons and daughter no more HD gifts, we are done with the HD label. I am now searching for good indys along routes we ride. Something I would never have done before.
Last week I totaled my 2017. I had planned to keep it and no more new HD's. Because of our sidecar setup I must have a RGU or limited. I did purchase a new 2020 RG limited form the dealer that is closing. I give a crap about warranty. Once I hang sidecar on that is shot anyway.
The 2020 will get S&S cam installed by the new indy opening once sidecar is painted to match and mounted on the new one. It will also get Fuel Moto Jack pot mufflers and S&S stealth AC. Power vision tune screw HD SE .
I will go out of my way to avoid giving HD another dime of my money.

The following 3 users liked this post by smitty901:
Campy Roadie (11-30-2020), mercury01 (02-24-2021), Pugslycat01 (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 04:35 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,150 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Here's the problem with HD's new ADV bike

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

I've been married to an Italian woman for 32 years.

I'm only riding one Italian.

I'll look at the Pan American when it comes out.

The following 3 users liked this post by VAFish:
golfblues (12-20-2020), HrishiP (12-14-2020), Olypopper (12-09-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 07:00 AM
98glider
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

I have been riding HD for 33 yrs and I still don’t buy HD apperal to wear. The only shirt I have is the one I got when I purchased my new bike which is a 1998 superglide ( the shirt was free) Now as for the adventure bike I like it however to spend 20grand to use in the dirt IDK about that. I do like the Klr Kawasaki when they were making them. I do have a Xt 600 yamaha enduro that I ride too

Old 12-03-2020, 10:41 AM
RudeHD
Stage II
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where they have BMW beat is dealer presence and support.
Definitely a larger network of dealers, but that hasn't kept people from buying Indians with a much smaller dealer network. Metric companies other than BMW have been getting into the Dual Purpose category. A lot of these bikes are in the high teens and have huge dealer networks. In my opinion HD needs to worry more about competing with these dealers than with BMW. The PA is going to have to prove itself very reliable in order to be considered a legit contender in the Dual Purpose market.

The following users liked this post:
Pugslycat01 (12-18-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 11:56 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by RudeHD
Definitely a larger network of dealers, but that hasn't kept people from buying Indians with a much smaller dealer network. Metric companies other than BMW have been getting into the Dual Purpose category. A lot of these bikes are in the high teens and have huge dealer networks. In my opinion HD needs to worry more about competing with these dealers than with BMW. The PA is going to have to prove itself very reliable in order to be considered a legit contender in the Dual Purpose market.
They should have had ewan and Charlie ride pan americas for the new show instead of the live wire.

The following 3 users liked this post by dixonk:
Chris Sinclair (01-15-2021), Olypopper (12-09-2020), RudeHD (12-27-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 03:06 PM
Pugslycat01
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

They should have had ewan and Charlie ride pan americas for the new show instead of the live wire.
That may be next season. Although the Pan America would certainly be a better bike for that kind of trip, H-D was still focused at that time on trying to make out the Live Wire to be successful beyond the reality of the situation.

Old 12-04-2020, 01:53 PM
cacomly
Road Master
Received 585 Likes on 361 Posts

Ewan and Charlie wanted to ride electric bikes and reached out to HD and other manufacturers for bikes to ride.

Quick Reply: Take a Closer Look at Harley's Brand New Pan America