Pan America Pan America Forum Only

Got my Pan America today

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 01:48 PM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sped
@flyburch could you name the dealer? I might ride over this week and check it out. Thanks!
it was just for that day. It was a Harley semi truck taking the bikes around.

The following users liked this post:
sped (03-15-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 04:20 PM
Newislander
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So lucky

Walked into one of the dealers here in DFW, negotiated a trade on my 2017 Ultra Limited for a Pan America Special and would have ridden it out of the dealership if I'd had my gear with me, so I went back with my trade and drove away on a spanking new Pan America.

Have to say thanks to everyone involved at Black Gold H-D in Allen TX for their help and assistance in working on the deal.

I was so lucky, we walked into the shop and there was a Pan Am Special in the showroom labelled 'Hold'. It turned out the dealer had been trying to reach the customer for a few weeks, so I was lucky to get exactly what I wanted just by luck :-)

There's no question the Pan Am is a special scooter, I'm loving it, but I don't see it being the golden bullet for H-D, they still need to get busy with a street fighter or sports bike to capture the attention of the younger crowd.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:21 AM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Newislander
Walked into one of the dealers here in DFW, negotiated a trade on my 2017 Ultra Limited for a Pan America Special and would have ridden it out of the dealership if I'd had my gear with me, so I went back with my trade and drove away on a spanking new Pan America.

Have to say thanks to everyone involved at Black Gold H-D in Allen TX for their help and assistance in working on the deal.

I was so lucky, we walked into the shop and there was a Pan Am Special in the showroom labelled 'Hold'. It turned out the dealer had been trying to reach the customer for a few weeks, so I was lucky to get exactly what I wanted just by luck :-)

There's no question the Pan Am is a special scooter, I'm loving it, but I don't see it being the golden bullet for H-D, they still need to get busy with a street fighter or sports bike to capture the attention of the younger crowd.
I believe HD is putting that motor into a naked muscle bike frame soon iirc.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:06 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 679 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by flyburch
yes it had it and it wasn't in the lowered position. Seems that you have to rock it back and forth a few times then it lowers when it has been turned off. So it went down another inch or so. That was pretty cool. Also they said this is the standard seat and they have a seat option that will lower it more if you need it.
I looked at the PA today. Don't know if it was in the high position in the showroom, but that sucker was HIGH. I am 5'8" and no way Jose could I ever ride that thing with it sitting so high. I would be worried about dropping the bike every time I came to a stop. Flat-footing it? Fuggedaboudit. I was pretty disappointed because I was seriously interested in the bike. But it reminded me of some of those super-tall BMWs that you see, and it is not for me.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:33 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,504 Likes on 11,217 Posts

Originally Posted by Redlegvzv
I looked at the PA today. Don't know if it was in the high position in the showroom, but that sucker was HIGH. I am 5'8" and no way Jose could I ever ride that thing with it sitting so high. I would be worried about dropping the bike every time I came to a stop. Flat-footing it? Fuggedaboudit. I was pretty disappointed because I was seriously interested in the bike. But it reminded me of some of those super-tall BMWs that you see, and it is not for me.
Did you talk to anyone at the dealership? Maybe it had the high seat, or something. I can’t imagine they’d design a bike a 5’ 8 er can’t ride.

Old 06-27-2021, 09:58 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 679 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Did you talk to anyone at the dealership? Maybe it had the high seat, or something. I can’t imagine they’d design a bike a 5’ 8 er can’t ride.
Yes, but to be honest I don't know if the guy really knew much about the bike. Next time I'm there I will hunt down one of my buds there and ask more detailed questions. But I dunno. That sucker was TALL!! I did not even ask to sit on it because I would have felt incredibly awkward.

Old 06-27-2021, 09:58 PM
NODYNA
Road Warrior
Received 864 Likes on 511 Posts

Not only can you lower the stock seat an inch there's an optional seat that's another inch lower for a total of 2" lower than stock height.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:59 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,975 Likes on 2,360 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Heavy Cruiser riders all feel you must be able to flat foot. Many ADV bike riders can not flat foot, and ride thousands of miles a year. I do believe with stock seat in low position, and When equipped with ARH and ignition on 5'8" would flat foot or be close to flat foot.

Originally Posted by NODYNA
Not only can you lower the stock seat an inch there's an optional seat that's another inch lower for a total of 2" lower than stock height.
The low seat gets you two inches lower than the low position on the stock seat.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:18 AM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

Agreed.

I am 5-9", and have probably a 30 or 31 inch inseam and ride a ktm with the power parts tall seat. That seat sits around 37 inches with an aggressive knobbie on. You get used to it, but there are definitely times when I with I had longer legs.

The following users liked this post:
Jed Clampett (06-29-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 07:33 AM
shilo.iskander
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:-) You'd never have had a problem swinging a leg over the thing then!

Speed Test