Pan America Pan America Forum Only

Bluetooth headset compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 04:49 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,473 Likes on 1,412 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
Good to know. My C3Pro is nearing the end of its lifespan, and I've been seriously considering a C4Pro - which means an SC-1 communicator is a no-brainer. Being able to pair it to the bike in stereo clinches it.
The C4 Pro is a really nice lid. It's not a major upgrade from the C3 Pro, but it is better. Viewport is bigger, lining is plusher and the integrated comms is excellent. Overall, it's just a bit sleeker. Speakers aren't as good as the JBL ones that now come with Cardo PacTalk, but perfectly good enough. I don't know if a speaker upgrade is possible, but I have never dug into it as I don't really listen to tunes while riding.

One recommendation. Get the bar mounted remote control. It's a pain in the *** trying to use the tiny little buttons somewhere under and behind your ear while you have gloves on. Other than that, very good!

The following users liked this post:
'05Train (05-25-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 04:03 PM
Newislander
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CGLTD
Also according to Ride Apart is has carplay/android auto. I am in the market for a GSA next year, but this Pan American may take the too spot for me!

https://www.rideapart.com/motorcycle...rica-overview/
That must have been pre-release (unconfirmed) information. I'd be over the moon if the IM supported Android Auto, but I have not seen anything to support that either on my Pan America or any other internet resources. If anyone knows any different, then please ping me - I'd like to know.

I did just pair my phone and pixel buds but couldn't get any sound out of them so I guess they're incompatible :-(

Old 06-05-2021, 08:24 PM
hulsmsc
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Have been using a Sena 50s with the bike and sound had been great. Only bad thing is that if you pair to the bike you lose the ability to use the Sena app(or I have not yet figured out how to do both yet).

3dognate (06-06-2021)
Old 06-06-2021, 08:19 AM
3dognate
Tourer
Received 340 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by hulsmsc
Have been using a Sena 50s with the bike and sound had been great. Only bad thing is that if you pair to the bike you lose the ability to use the Sena app(or I have not yet figured out how to do both yet).
Yeah, same experience here. If you are just looking to use the app for your intercom pairings, you can do all that before you start your bike. The stock and tall windscreens that I have still make for a pretty noisy ride, do you have much luck with voice commands while moving? I found out yesterday that taking a phone call is not going to be a thing with all the noise. (I use an HJC RPHA 90S Carbon helmet which is one of the quietest helmets on the market)

Old 06-06-2021, 09:47 AM
hulsmsc
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 3dognate
Yeah, same experience here. If you are just looking to use the app for your intercom pairings, you can do all that before you start your bike. The stock and tall windscreens that I have still make for a pretty noisy ride, do you have much luck with voice commands while moving? I found out yesterday that taking a phone call is not going to be a thing with all the noise. (I use an HJC RPHA 90S Carbon helmet which is one of the quietest helmets on the market)
I will have to try out some phone calls today and report back. I have not noticed any issues the fee times I have taken calls, but also did not ask if the caller had issues hearing me. I was using a Shoei RF1200 and bought a Arai XD4 this past weekend that seems quieter.

Old 06-08-2021, 08:47 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 578 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by CGLTD
Also according to Ride Apart is has carplay/android auto. I am in the market for a GSA next year, but this Pan American may take the too spot for me!

https://www.rideapart.com/motorcycle...rica-overview/
IDK about CP/AA on the PA. I suspect Sabrina was wrong/mis-spoke. There is no mention of CP or AA in the owner manual, either in the Infotainment section or the USB-c connector section that I've found. Can those with the bike already confirm?

Old 06-08-2021, 09:13 PM
3dognate
Tourer
Received 340 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammz
IDK about CP/AA on the PA. I suspect Sabrina was wrong/mis-spoke. There is no mention of CP or AA in the owner manual, either in the Infotainment section or the USB-c connector section that I've found. Can those with the bike already confirm?
No Car Play or Android Auto. The only connectivity is typical Bluetooth car kit audio/control for music, hands free calling, voice assistant invocation, & navigation pairing with the H-D app. (which is currently spotty. and doesn't work for some of us. Like myself.)

Old 06-09-2021, 04:43 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,473 Likes on 1,412 Posts

I am interested in knowing how many Bluetooth connections the bike supports simultaneously. I am likely to want to use my phone, my Sena comms and my Garmin XT all at the same time.

Currently on my Fat Bob, the phone and Garmin both pair directly with the Sena.

In the PanAm scenario, the bike will want to pair with the phone and the Sena and pipe nav commands, voice and music back and forth. But then I also need to be able to hear the nav commands from the Garmin.

Thinking about it, this may be more a question of how many bluetooth connections the Sena can deal with. Maybe it just pairs with the bike and the Garmin which should be OK and the phone pairs with the bike and no longer with the Garmin....

Old 06-09-2021, 07:29 AM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,100 Likes on 900 Posts

I've got some off breed headset, that has an actual microphone for my modular helmet. Everyone I've had calls with can't even tell I'm on my bike. My last one picked up my voice thru my ears. I'll look to see what brand it is tonight.

3dognate (06-09-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 10:12 AM
sphillips3
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hdxbones
Has anyone paired a BT headset to the PA yet? Do other brands beside HD's Boom Audio systems play in stereo? I recall that was an issue on the touring bikes, other brands would only play in mono. Looking to pick up new comms headsets for the wife and I, but would prefer to choose a brand that is waterproof. Unfortunately, the Harley sets are only rated as water resistant...
I spent a good bit of time with the dealer Pan AM floor model and the sales personnel had not had a chance to play with the electronics. I was able to pair my Sena 50S to the bike. I was also able to pair my iPhone. The firmware in the bike gave me controls for both Pandora and iHeart radio. I found the entire process very straight forward.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth headset compatibility