Panhead A place to talk about Panhead motors.

Search is over

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 07:05 AM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 5,746 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
I am sure riding that bike......nobody gives a flying fluck about what the rider looks like..pfffffft....
He'll look and feel like a dork trying to ride that bike with those controls. Im still not a heel shifter fan unless I had a size 8 foot - which I dont. So no heel shifter for me but a footboard absolutely and keep the current toe shifter.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:06 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 833 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by hellonewman
He'll look and feel like a dork trying to ride that bike with those controls. Im still not a heel shifter fan unless I had a size 8 foot - which I dont. So no heel shifter for me but a footboard absolutely and keep the current toe shifter.
With all due respect, I'm not interested in how you think I will feel? Two words will describe it best, Damn fortunate. If you have a suggestion about an upgrade I am happy to hear it but the dork comment is out of line.
This thread is to let fellow Pan owners that there is a new member in the fold, I will start another thread if I want some input as to what upgrades I will consider.
No offense H man I just don't want this thread to go sideways.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:40 PM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,116 Likes on 6,251 Posts

Congratulation on you new ride. Very sweet!

Old 07-20-2019, 09:56 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by hellonewman
guess we will be the dorks riding while you wrench on oil leaks. .lol. My 18 has boards and even in winter i never ever use them so i guess your the whiney that needs em.....just bustin on yah.....but lots of use dont use boards........

Old 07-20-2019, 09:58 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by Redrodyankneck
With all due respect, I'm not interested in how you think I will feel? Two words will describe it best, Damn fortunate. If you have a suggestion about an upgrade I am happy to hear it but the dork comment is out of line.
This thread is to let fellow Pan owners that there is a new member in the fold, I will start another thread if I want some input as to what upgrades I will consider.
No offense H man I just don't want this thread to go sideways.
Did you pick it up yet?

Old 07-21-2019, 04:51 PM
hellonewman
Club Member

guess we will be the dorks riding while you wrench on oil leaks. .lol. My 18 has boards and even in winter i never ever use them so i guess your the whiney that needs em.....just bustin on yah.....but lots of use dont use boards........
Only two of my bikes have foot boards but the pegs on the others are where they should be so I can use the shifter and brake lol

Old 07-21-2019, 04:57 PM
hellonewman
Club Member

Originally Posted by Redrodyankneck
If you have a suggestion about an upgrade I am happy to hear it but the dork comment is out of line.
I already did, put foot boards on it. Pegs are fine when they're in the right location which yours are not. They are mounted where the front board mount normally is. And a heads up, you'll need thick skin in the classic section, the word dork is the least of your concerns.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:11 PM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,555 Likes on 2,883 Posts

the peg location you have on the bike is actually ok - that is the spot we used when we cut them up for choppers / or bar hoppers < today they are called bobbers > never did hear that term back in the day ( but then again I was from NYC and never went out of the city did not have to -- we used all the original controls but the shifter cover was removed and left open so was the master cover

but the forks were longer on most - I have taken them and made them something else and today we take them back to original - what ever you do help is available

Old 07-21-2019, 06:59 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member

Did you pick it up yet?
Wife and I are leaving this Thurs to go get it, we will be back on the weekend. I'll report back then.

The following users liked this post:
Bumpandrun (07-22-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 07:18 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by johnjzjz
the peg location you have on the bike is actually ok - that is the spot we used when we cut them up for choppers / or bar hoppers < today they are called bobbers > never did hear that term back in the day ( but then again I was from NYC and never went out of the city did not have to -- we used all the original controls but the shifter cover was removed and left open so was the master cover

but the forks were longer on most - I have taken them and made them something else and today we take them back to original - what ever you do help is available
Thanks the offer, I have a feeling I will be needing lots of help.

Quick Reply: Search is over