Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

Paint shop in North Jersey?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Covenant
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Paint shop in North Jersey?

I just need some parts painted vivid black. Does anyone know a good shop in Northern NJ? I searched the forum but didn't find any info.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:35 PM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Midland park auto body does good work

Old 07-06-2012, 07:58 AM
Covenant
Tourer

I'm in Hackensack and I needed the battery cover under the seat painted Gloss Black. I checked a bunch of local shops and the prices were between $125-200 so I decided to do it myself.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Covenant
Tourer

Can you powder coat plastic? Where's your shop anyway?

Old 07-08-2012, 10:47 PM
death trap
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Covenant
Can you powder coat plastic?
I have herd of people powder coating some plastics. But I know for sure that the part will need to be able to bo in the oven at 350-400 degs for like a half hr or so. That eliminates alot of plastics real quick, LoL! Most body shops wont paint anything for less then $100 anymore, it's just not going to make them any money. Even at $100 there realy doing it as a curticey. If you get jambed up send me a PM. I'm in sout jersey and if I can help I'll do what I can. If you decide to do it your self and need some advice let me know to, I am an ASE master body/paint tech with over 15 years experiance.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Covenant
Tourer

For a $100 bucks I would have done it but the guys who paint for $100 do a lousy job. I have noticed that I am way too picky for the low end guys and too cheap for the best guys. There is very little pride in one's work in this country anymore so even when you pay someone a lot of money they really don't give a crap and they do shoddy work. I'm going to do as much as I can myself, learn from my mistakes and hopefully get the results I'm looking for in the end.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 PM
death trap
Advanced

I understand what your saying, but I'd like to think there are still a few of us out there that think of this line of work as a craft more then a job. Again if I can help in anyway let me know. Keep us posted on your results too.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:24 AM
abi
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Covenant
For a $100 bucks I would have done it but the guys who paint for $100 do a lousy job. I have noticed that I am way too picky for the low end guys and too cheap for the best guys. There is very little pride in one's work in this country anymore so even when you pay someone a lot of money they really don't give a crap and they do shoddy work. I'm going to do as much as I can myself, learn from my mistakes and hopefully get the results I'm looking for in the end.
Don't put every painter in this country into one group. I paint bikes and take great pride in my work. I like to do paintjobs for the regular guy who can't afford the big dollar shops. I do professional jobs at reasonable prices. One guy I just painted for scratched one of his parts shortly after installing them, he called wanting to know what to do. I told him how to fix it and said if he didn't feel comfortable doing it just send it back and I'll fix it for nothing. He sent it back and I had if fixed and back in the mail the next day. Not everyone is out to just make a quick buck.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:03 PM
death trap
Advanced

Originally Posted by abi
don't put every painter in this country into one group. I paint bikes and take great pride in my work. I like to do paintjobs for the regular guy who can't afford the big dollar shops. I do professional jobs at reasonable prices. One guy i just painted for scratched one of his parts shortly after installing them, he called wanting to know what to do. I told him how to fix it and said if he didn't feel comfortable doing it just send it back and i'll fix it for nothing. He sent it back and i had if fixed and back in the mail the next day. Not everyone is out to just make a quick buck.
well said, abi!