Prayer Requests Post your Prayer Requests here.

Daughter ran away

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:22 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Daughter ran away

Prayers sent. I hope this all works out for you and your family. I remember when my daughter was 17... Actually my problems with her started when shewas around15 yrs old. In those days, she was hanging around with a couple of girls that would openlymanipulate her.We had a few years where she spent most of her life in her room ... grounded. I can't even being to describe the turmoil or count the number of tears shed over that very difficult time. It lasted until she she was about 18 yrs old. Then all of a sudden, she miraculously grew back her brain.

Even now, after all this time ... looking back, we all get quite a chuckle about those days. Even my daughter (who is now 30 yrs old) seeshow stupid it all was.

Sure, thisis a very difficult time right now. You're worried sick about her. I totally understand...I have been there!My advise is to not let up. Not for a minute. Keep on her like white on rice!She needs constant reassurancethat you will not give up on her...becauseshe is trying to find her way.Eventually she may rise above all this nonsense and see what exactly she is doing to you and your family unit. Right now, she may be a little narrow sighted thanks to social, not to mention hormonal influences.

Yep, teenagers are famous for bucking the system. During this transition betweenbeing a child and becoming an adult, there is a lot of emotions, feelings, and thoughts to process. It can be overwhelming. You as a parent, must also do your part in the transition when it comes to letting go. That you will do..eventually...like it or not. The older she gets the more you will have to trust her judgement and have to let her make her own mistakes.

For now, at 17, and in the state of mind that she can easily just leave and take her chances at her 'friends' house, she is still more child than adult. This is the roughest part of the passage. Stick with it, and you will both get through it. .... and of course pray! Pray for the strength you will need to get through this journey happily. Never under estimate the power of prayer.

You can do this!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:25 AM
SteveM
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Praying for her safe return.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Fat Henry
Road Warrior

Prayers for her safetey and safereturn.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:21 PM
hb4ever
Cruiser

Thanks ya'll...I called her schools again today, and the faculty has promised to call me if she shows up. Just waiting for the officer to call to file the report.
Did find out why she might have left, her dad is very controlling and been fighting with her, she was scared she might have to live with him. Nah he signed over the physical custody to me this morning. Also she is afraid I'll let her step-dad back, not happening. So have emailed her letting her know these things. Hopefully she'll get ahold of me. Doesn't help her dad constantly called her cell threatening to get her fired etc...cops told him to cut it out. My 15 yr old son is ready to kick her *** as he says for acting stupid. I did find out also that she got caught up in a heavy goth crowd. She's goth but wasn't in it deep. So another red flag to look for.
I'll keep ya'll updated...thanks again for the support and prayers.

Angie

Old 10-15-2007, 01:06 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hope all turns out well. Gotta be a lot of heartache with her gone, I can only imagine. Will keep you and her in our prayers.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:27 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like she may havefeltcornered, just a little bit.It was either bolt or who knows what? This is a tramatic time for everyone, consideringthe negative male influences involved.

The friend that called you to let you know where your daughter was is definately the first place to start looking. The mere fact that she called shows that she wanted you to know thatyour daughterwas at least safe. That is good news. I have a feeling this is not just a typical defiant little girl with an attitude problem.

Once you find her, you will have an opportunity to get it together with her. She's obviously stressing about her father and her step father so much that she felt she had no recourse but to flee. Get it together and perhaps at that time, you two will be able to join forces and figure out the best way to deal with the situation. Seperation is not the answer. If ever there was atime to stick together ... THIS IS IT!

Old 10-15-2007, 07:22 PM
aussie2
Road Captain

Will not stop praying for you and your daughter. Please continue to keep us informed. Sounds like there are a lot of people on this board praying.
Bri

Old 10-15-2007, 09:08 PM
hb4ever
Cruiser

First off would like to say Thank You So Very Much for the Prayers and Support. She finally called tonight, we talked things out and she's home. Bikergirl40..ty so much for the advice, you nailed it right on the head. Tho I had no clue I was part of the eqausion too...basic I made her mad doing certain things, and vice versa. So we're both going to make a list of what the other does that pisses us off. Also if I do something to aggravate her, she'll leave me a note on the fridge and vice versa. I explained to her that I wouldn't know why she was pissed off with me if she never told me. So we now have that agreement also to talk and not let it build up. So I surprised her with her b/f and 2 best friends waiting for her here, and then let her go to the rock band practice they like to go to of one of the local bands they know. Then she can stay the night with her best friend, and she'll do the list. But also going to keep her Dad away for awhile. He is the major source of her stress.

Oh just so ya'll know...heres a pic of my daughter with her b/f...sad thing is she was so pissed at her Dad she cut her hair off to hide from him. Luckily it grows back lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/42627/1811D9A7DCED4F1EA953167823E06868.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-16-2007, 04:07 AM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts

Glad she is back !

Old 10-16-2007, 10:25 AM
aussie2
Road Captain

Great stuff! I can feel your relief. God bless and may He guide through all this. Sounds like a good start.
I have two grown up boys, no experience with girls at all. Glad bikergirl40 was there for you.
Bri

Quick Reply: Daughter ran away