Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

FOBO Bike 2 TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 07:40 PM
offbeatmammal
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Puckettg
So after less than an hour riding my alert goes off that my rear tire is over inflated. Is this normal? I didn't set the minimum and maximum just set the pressure at 41 and it calculated both high and low pressure.
as well as what @DWKen said, you'll want to make a note of how you're inflating based on the temperature as that impacts what it should be (the app actually shows you a calculation for that), and also I do set the thresholds to take that into account with the min pretty close to spec but the max a way above because I've noticed during the day when it's hot here it does spike after freeway rides.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:46 PM
Puckettg
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you guys so much. This forum never let's me down.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:46 PM
DWKen
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks, man!
I (we) actually have a lot of experience with motorcycle tire pressure and it's rise and fall with temperature.
Once, we left dallas at 7AM with precise 40 pounds in the rear. When we got to Albuquerque, the high limit alarm was sounding. We didn't stop, of course. The pressure was 50 PSI.
The difference might be accounted by hours of 80 mph highway riding and altitude gain of 5,000 feet over the day.

We adjusted the next morning before heading out to Zion National Park.

When the FUBO alerts with high pressure, it's time to say, HMMMMM, how about that! IMO, no need to pull over. Just check and adjust pressures when convenient.

Ken

Ken

Old 05-26-2020, 07:53 PM
Puckettg
Novice

One more question, is it normal for the rear tire temperature to be a lot higher then the front? I assume because of the exhaust....

Old 05-26-2020, 07:59 PM
DWKen
Cruiser

My theory is MORE WEIGHT, larger volume, and more flexing than the front.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:01 PM
Puckettg
Novice

Makes sense especially since I ride two up.

Old 08-12-2021, 10:07 AM
Biggerfoot
Tourer

I have used FOBO v1 and upgraded to FOBO 2 about a year ago. They have always worked well in making it easy to check tire pressure.

The newer FOBO 2 was a pretty decent upgrade and worth it for my 2016 Heritage. My v1s are now on my lawn tractor.

However, the point of reviving an old thread is that my FOBO 2 worked perfectly during a rear large puncture/tire blow out situation that I would not of been aware of. I ran over a utility knife blade at 60+mph. Had I not been alerted by the FOBO app that I had a sudden pressure drop, I probalby would not have known until things were a bit more difficult to handle. I was able to stop before a total loss of pressure. The downside is that the tire was fairly new at 1500 miles....

Old 06-06-2022, 07:41 PM
Kodak01
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOBO Bike 2 and initial observations

Just got back from my new, (to me), 2019 Ultra Limited initial 2500 mile trip to Denver and back. Had my FOBO Bike 2 TPMS installed and everything worked like a champ. From reading previous posts I learned it’s not unusual for the rear tire to gain significant air pressure and temperature readings compared to the front tire. I also deducted, as some here, the temp discrepancy could be due to the placement of the exhaust and engine. I, like some of you, got upper limit warnings for the rear tire pressure, and though I don’t like ignoring warnings, after stopping several times to check out the alert and finding each time it was the high pressure alert, I learned to disregard the alert in order to get home without any undue delays.

So, here’s my question. Cold pressure is 40 psi and it never went above 50.3 psi, with the alert sounding above 50 psi. I know I could raise the upper limit to, say, 52 psi. But I’m also thinking of new tires soon. I plan to get the metal stems installed at that time and am wondering if anyone has any experience using nitrogen instead of air. Would I expect to see my tire pressures remain much closer to the early morning pressure readings, thus eliminating the high pressure alerts?

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-06-2022, 07:46 PM
DWKen
Cruiser

I just don't worry about the upper limit too much. Knowing that the pressure will increase with miles/heat and elevation; there's no reason, in my opinion, to set it anywhere near what I think the max will be. It'll just go off and annoy me. I mean, what am I going to do? Stop and let air out; when I know it was 42 PSI cold start at 68 ambient? Nope, I ride on. It's not going to pop.

I think I have my upper limit set to 55 or so. I don't ever expect to hear an alert.

Ken

Originally Posted by Kodak01
Just got back from my new, (to me), 2019 Ultra Limited initial 2500 mile trip to Denver and back. Had my FOBO Bike 2 TPMS installed and everything worked like a champ. From reading previous posts I learned it’s not unusual for the rear tire to gain significant air pressure and temperature readings compared to the front tire. I also deducted, as some here, the temp discrepancy could be due to the placement of the exhaust and engine. I, like some of you, got upper limit warnings for the rear tire pressure, and though I don’t like ignoring warnings, after stopping several times to check out the alert and finding each time it was the high pressure alert, I learned to disregard the alert in order to get home without any undue delays.

So, here’s my question. Cold pressure is 40 psi and it never went above 50.3 psi, with the alert sounding above 50 psi. I know I could raise the upper limit to, say, 52 psi. But I’m also thinking of new tires soon. I plan to get the metal stems installed at that time and am wondering if anyone has any experience using nitrogen instead of air. Would I expect to see my tire pressures remain much closer to the early morning pressure readings, thus eliminating the high pressure alerts?

Thanks in advance.