Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Ride-On tire sealant

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Lethkial
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride-On tire sealant

ORIGINAL: SLORider

Since the claim is to be able to seal a 1/8 inch hole in a tube tire I would love to intentionally puncture a tire that is due for replacement and see if it seals up. Unfortunatly for this purpose, my tires have quite a bit of life left in them.
Don't let that stop ya, SLORider! Take one for the team!!![sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Seriously, keep posting your findings here, if you would please. I'll bet I'm not the only RK Classic owner out there who is interested whether this stuff is as good as it sounds.

Thanks for the update!
[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 02-26-2007, 08:32 PM
TXISKING
Tourer

Yes, please keep us posted. Where is live it is easy to be 40 miles from the nearest town.... I think stuff would make me less worried about a flat.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:39 AM
HDFAN
Road Master

BUMP

Where are we on this?

I need tires in about 1000 mi and am seriously considering this stuff.

[/align]

Old 04-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Lethkial
Cruiser

Bumped for SLORider 's impressions. I also now remember after re-reading his first post that you do indeed have the tubed tires. I, and many others do too and would like to know what you think, now that it has been in your tires for awhile. How many miles do you have on these tires with the sealant injected into them?

Thanks SLORider for your time!

Old 04-25-2007, 06:27 PM
SLORider
Road Captain

UPDATE--Ride-0n TUBED Tires

Well no flats so far. Good news for me but not necessararly for the test.

I have become somewhat fanatical about my tires since installing the RIDE-ON. Particularly with regard to air pressure. I was getting some leakdown in tire pressure from ride to ride so I bought a nice kit at Auto-Zone, made by SLIME that had replacement valve stem inserts and valve caps with gaskets. It came with a small gauge and other items and was about 5 bucks. I got a new air gauge for my compressor that locks on and gives me a better fill and read.

My tire are riding great with the Ride-On in them. The tire balance feature seems to work well as the bike is smooth going down the road. Again one of the best recommendations to me was the review on the website by Larry Grodsky, he was one of the most knowledgeable riders ever and seemed to think it worth it.

As I put miles on my bike this spring/summer when it comes time to replace the rear tire, I will, under controlled conditions, "take one for the team" and puncture the rear tire/tube and see how it works. I'll get back to you then.

Old 05-13-2007, 03:21 PM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I order Ride On , will give it a try, I figure its worth the $40 if I don't have to wait for a tow truck to haul me home. Can't take one for the team as I only have 1200 miles on my tires,but will report back on the install process and any punctures.

Tom

Old 05-22-2007, 05:15 PM
SLORider
Road Captain

I am getting a new rear tire this week. The question is how to test the Ride On sealant?
My mechanic says we should have the bike on the lift when we puncture the tire, so if it doesn't work we are set to go to replace the old (and at point, flat) tire. It isn't a real world test and isn't even the way Ride On says you need to seal the puncture which is by pulling the nail/screw then riding for a 2/3 miles to heat and seal the sealant into the hole.

Ideally I'd puncture it at home and ride into the shop but I'm not sure I want to do a test on my Medical Insurance and/or my Towing insurance at the same time. I think I'll have the tires warmed up, get it on the lift, puncture, move the hole to the bottom of the tire, give it some time to seal and see if it will hold air.

Anyone got any other (safe and sane) suggestions.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Lethkial
Cruiser

[sm=goodidea.gif]Sounds like a plan to me, SLO.

Maybe after the puncture, you could pull the nail, start her up (while on the lift), put it in gear and run the rear wheel for a bit. I think the premise of the sealant is that the centrifugal force will spin the sealant into the puncture and seal it as the wheel is spinning.

Let us know what happens. If all goes well, I am putting the stuff into my tires this week.

Thanks again, SLOrider. You are really a "team" player. We appreciate your follow-thru and reporting back to us.
[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 05-22-2007, 08:59 PM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the stuff in last week and it was an easy process no problems there, I must say that as far as vibration due to wheel balanceing I noticed no difference, after the Ride ON was installed.

Tom

Old 05-25-2007, 04:05 PM
SLORider
Road Captain

Test postponed as tire is back ordered. [:@]
Should be in in 10 days or so.
Tried running the bike while up on a lift once. It made funny noises[]. but I'll ask my mechanic.

Quick Reply: Ride-On tire sealant