Revolution Max The new Revolution Max forum

Thoughts on The Street Fighter 975

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 03:32 PM
Koro
Stage IV
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my things with HD lately for example look at triumph, I can get a 1200cc like my Roadster at the same price point as a lot of their 1200's with ABS, TC, Brembos, Ohlins Suspension rear, Showa suspension front, full quality parts that if I wanted the same type of set up on my Harley it would cost thousands more. I love my Harley don't get this wrong, but unless they are willing to bring in quality components on par with what other brands are doing in the same category of motorcycle such as a sport bike I don't know how this is going to work for them, maybe the platform is solid for future mods better than what I mentioned right now but time will tell how it all works out.

I can't wait to give the Bronx a ride and see for myself how it holds up and feels compared to other brands in the same category, and as a unit itself without thinking about the other brands, going to try and test ride the thing as soon as I can whenever it makes it to my local dealer so we'll see at the end of the year, I hope, really really hope, this bike is nice.

The following users liked this post:
2wheelwanderer (05-17-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 11:02 AM
GC02903
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

100% agree. I love HD but you are spot on.

Originally Posted by Koro
One of my things with HD lately for example look at triumph, I can get a 1200cc like my Roadster at the same price point as a lot of their 1200's with ABS, TC, Brembos, Ohlins Suspension rear, Showa suspension front, full quality parts that if I wanted the same type of set up on my Harley it would cost thousands more. I love my Harley don't get this wrong, but unless they are willing to bring in quality components on par with what other brands are doing in the same category of motorcycle such as a sport bike I don't know how this is going to work for them, maybe the platform is solid for future mods better than what I mentioned right now but time will tell how it all works out.

I can't wait to give the Bronx a ride and see for myself how it holds up and feels compared to other brands in the same category, and as a unit itself without thinking about the other brands, going to try and test ride the thing as soon as I can whenever it makes it to my local dealer so we'll see at the end of the year, I hope, really really hope, this bike is nice.

Old 05-16-2020, 03:36 PM
Phlipper
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Eric Buell must be rolling in his grave.

(I know ... he's still alive )

I've been on Harleys for 37 years but i love all bikes. I've owned/raced an old Honda Hawk, Buell XB9, and Street Triple. Lately I've gotten the crotch rocket jones again and have been looking at Kawi Z900, Suz GSX S1000, the new Street Triple, and Yammie MT10. Test rode all of them. If the Bronx comes in at around 12K and actually performs I could see taking a serious look at it this Winter when I buy.

That said ... we're talking MoCo here, so it'll probably run north of $14K, handle like a dog, and have a torquey motor with nothing on top. So I expect I'll be taking another look at the FTR1200 S. I love that bike so far. I love my OL's Scout, too. Test rode the base model FTR and could see buying a left-over S-model.

The smart money says HD will f@ck this up and I'll own an Indian or another Street Triple.

Last edited by Phlipper; 05-16-2020 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:30 PM
dceggert
Road Master
Received 496 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Phlipper

I've been on Harleys for 37 years but i love all bikes. I've owned/raced an old Honda Hawk, Buell XB9, and Street Triple. Lately I've gotten the crotch rocket jones again and have been looking at Kawi Z900, Suz GSX S1000, the new Street Triple, and Yammie MT10. Test rode all of them. If the Bronx comes in at around 12K and actually performs I could see taking a serious look at it this Winter when I buy.

That said ... we're talking MoCo here, so it'll probably run north of $14K, handle like a dog, and have a torquey motor with nothing on top. So I expect I'll be taking another look at the FTR1200 S. I love that bike so far. I love my OL's Scout, too. Test rode the base model FTR and could see buying a left-over S-model.

The smart money says HD will f@ck this up and I'll own an Indian or another Street Triple.
^^^^^^^.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:11 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,127 Likes on 1,624 Posts

I'm not going to argue about the price, but after seeing the Livewire, test riding it myself, and reading the reviews and watching the video reviews of the Livewire head to head with the competition, the Livewire is a better bike than the Zero or Energica.

So while the Street Fighter will be more expensive than the competition (and what Harley isn't?) I'm looking forward to a bike that will stand up to anything in it's class.

The following users liked this post:
dceggert (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 11:56 AM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,240 Likes on 1,274 Posts

Originally Posted by VAFish
So while the Street Fighter will be more expensive than the competition (and what Harley isn't?) I'm looking forward to a bike that will stand up to anything in it's class.
same thinking has me optimistic about the Pan America.

The following 2 users liked this post by FatBob2018:
dceggert (05-17-2020), VAFish (05-18-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 04:28 AM
Phlipper
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I actually like the LiveWire. The orange color is kinda cool. And two brothers working at HD dealers raved about it's performance. But $30K? Seriously? Is it $16k better than the Zero? A lot (maybe a WHOLE LOT) of guys who can lay that kind of cash out for an E-bike are aging out. Or plain dying off.

Originally Posted by VAFish
I wish I shared your optimism. But I don't imagine the HP, torque, and handling will be able to compete with Street Triple R (10,500), Monster 821 (11,899), MT-10 (11,300 avg retail), etc and will likely be priced several grand more. It will flop if it's much over 12k. In its likely price range the price-comparable Super Duke, Tuono, Monster 1200, etc leave it in the dust WRT to HP, power-to-weight, handling, etc.

Maybe a few middle-aged RUBS will bite. But at its likely price it's not gonna bring any younger guys into the HD camp nor existing sportbike riders over. It's just not going to happen.

At $12K with discounts ... I'll own one if its' performance is even close to the Street Triple 765 or MT-10. But at $14K plus .... they will fail.

Last edited by Phlipper; 05-21-2020 at 04:38 AM.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:11 AM
dceggert
Road Master
Received 496 Likes on 260 Posts

I actually like the LiveWire. The orange color is kinda cool. And two brothers working at HD dealers raved about it's performance. But $30K? Seriously? Is it $16k better than the Zero? A lot (maybe a WHOLE LOT) of guys who can lay that kind of cash out for an E-bike are aging out. Or plain dying off.

I wish I shared your optimism. But I don't imagine the HP, torque, and handling will be able to compete with Street Triple R (10,500), Monster 821 (11,899), MT-10 (11,300 avg retail), etc and will likely be priced several grand more. It will flop if it's much over 12k. In its likely price range the price-comparable Super Duke, Tuono, Monster 1200, etc leave it in the dust WRT to HP, power-to-weight, handling, etc.

Maybe a few middle-aged RUBS will bite. But at its likely price it's not gonna bring any younger guys into the HD camp nor existing sportbike riders over. It's just not going to happen.

At $12K with discounts ... I'll own one if its' performance is even close to the Street Triple 765 or MT-10. But at $14K plus .... they will fail.
Why go for that expensive Zero when you can get a $4k Chinese electric bike shipped directly to your door? If cheaper is ALWAYS better, there you go, the best one is only $4k.

Oh wait! It is only $2495...an even BETTER one.

https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/defau...=xNewInventory

Old 05-21-2020, 08:17 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,127 Likes on 1,624 Posts

........il.

By the time you option a Zero SR/F with the extra charger to get it close to the Livewires charging time the Zero is $23,795, The LW is 29,799 A difference of $6,004 And for that price the LW accelerates better, has longer range in actual riding, has a liquid cooled motor and controller that handle the heat and heavy riding better, runs full power right to 0% power left instead of limping you home at 10% and can be fully charged in an hour vs the Zero hour and a half.

The LIvewire has a lot of advantages over the Zero SRF, are they worth $6,004 to you ? That is a question only you can answer.

I'm still very optimistic about the new Bronx and Pan America

Old 05-31-2020, 02:29 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
Nah, they would rather keep their heads in the sand and only deal with what they are comfortable with and know well.

This is exactly what Harley needs to to........adapt and expand their horizons/customer base.
Oh like go back to a buell style bike ?.

Wiz 🤔😂

Quick Reply: Thoughts on The Street Fighter 975