Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Pic Heavy Ride Report - MS to Bella Coola & Back 11,000 Miles Heat, Hail & Bears

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 08:28 AM
Rockarosa
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really enjoy following this, Thank You Kevin and Mary!

Old 07-21-2015, 03:43 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,958 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by Fearless (old nickname)
Thanks for the ride and tour Please ride safely remember you are in a different!!! state fearless
Originally Posted by Rockarosa
Really enjoy following this, Thank You Kevin and Mary!
Cool! Glad you're enjoying. Right up there with enjoying the ride is making sure we're around to keep enjoying it. Thank you for the reminder, it is always good!

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-21-2015, 03:43 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Day-8 (of riding)

We left out of King City for a short 150 mile ride up to my daughter & son-in-law in San Jose.

Weather was nice....

...and a good part of the way was free of any significant traffic & cities. Lots of farmland.

Just as we were getting used to some nice road....

...even though we knew it was less than one tank before arriving...

...we hit the city and traffic. Check out Mary in the mirror.

The GPS took us to their apartment. The afternoon was gone before we knew it. That evening we went downtown and had some dinner.

Jill-

Jill & Dustin. A great couple!

The day and evening just flew by. The next day we headed over the hill to Santa Cruz.

Dustin grew up in the mountains between San Jose and Santa Cruz and being very familiar with the back roads thru the mountains, he set a good pace in the Toyota and Mary and I followed on the TG. Was a fun ride...

...both on the way over....

...and the way back. Knowing I prefer the twisty roads to the highways, Dustin did a great job showing them to us, even though the Triumph slowed us down until he finally pulled over.

More in next post....

Old 07-21-2015, 04:30 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Visit with Jill and Dustin continued-

Pic of Mary in Santa Cruz.

Jill, still playing with her food. :laugh:

Dustin was helping his dad on his property, so Mary, myself and Jill hung out for awhile at the coast.

We spent a couple more days visiting, going to the Mystery Mountain, shooting pool, and bowling!

After bowling, the last afternoon, Jill wanted to go for a ride. She grew up riding ATV's with me, but has never been interested in motorcycles...but with the TG she wanted to go for a ride.

Growing up I never knew or even thought about protective gear...when Jill was a kid, we never rode the ATV's with any protective gear...just not something we ever thought about.

At the bowling alley parking lot she put on Mary's armored mesh jacket & helmet. The jacket with all the pads hit her funny bone and she thought she was the Hulk or something. lol

Mary got a good shot in the mirror of us leaving out of the parking lot...

...she was a bit tentative for about 60 seconds, lol, she got comfortable with it real fast...

...within a few minutes she was just like when she was a kid, wanting to go faster, do burnouts, do wheelies, etc. So we did. At 32 she still loves the rush! We even did a couple of power slides and got it up on two wheels a couple of time too.

Her smile captures the child-like joy that riding brings to all (most?) of us....the reason we ride!

After Jill and I rode, I asked Dustin if he wanted to take it for a spin. He has ridden motorcycles all his life, but never a trike. I think he went for a ride, more to give Jill some more seat time, than thinking he would have fun on an "old man's" 3 wheeler.

The TG just does not look like it would handle as well as it does. Even though I had told him it rides flat thru the corners...like a go-cart...it is just hard to grasp how much fun it can be until you experience it.

Take a look at that smile when they got back-

They went back out after that for some more riding.

Well, we have to say our good byes after 3 1/2 days of visiting. We've had a great time, and are already looking forward to the next visit, before we're even gone.

Tomorrow we head up to Yosemite.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:32 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,574 Likes on 3,821 Posts

Signing on for the ride... Awesome Mary and Kevin, thanks for sharing... Looking forward for more ... Love pictures

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 07-21-2015 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:53 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Thumbs up Great pics.

Missed a the updates maybe someday my Bride and I will swing through the south and stop by for a visit at least thats our goal. thanks again for the ride. travel safely fearless

Old 07-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

Kevin,all my Mom's family live in Hollister so I know all that area pretty well. Wish we were along for the ride but we plan to ride our trike out there,next year,after I retire.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:50 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
Signing on for the ride... Awesome Mary and Kevin, thanks for sharing... Looking forward for more ... Love pictures
Cool. Lot's more pics coming. I'm working on day 9 right now. Mary took 674 pics! I'm trying to pare it down to 30. lol

Originally Posted by Fearless (old nickname)
Missed a the updates maybe someday my Bride and I will swing through the south and stop by for a visit at least thats our goal. thanks again for the ride. travel safely fearless
Just let us know when you'll be in the area...we are about 40 mile SE of Memphis, TN.

Originally Posted by Clint44
Kevin,all my Mom's family live in Hollister so I know all that area pretty well. Wish we were along for the ride but we plan to ride our trike out there,next year,after I retire.
Well, you got a great Trike to do it on. Really like how it turned out!!!

Old 07-21-2015, 07:36 PM
rwhgme
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Since I am going out for knee surgery Thursday, I am living, and anxiously waiting on your next series of photos and narration!

Old 07-21-2015, 09:40 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Thumbs up Planning

May see us this fall looking to take a road trip it should be great to see the south on 3 wheels. ride safely fearless

Quick Reply: Pic Heavy Ride Report - MS to Bella Coola & Back 11,000 Miles Heat, Hail & Bears