Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Trip to Southern Ohio and the Windy 9

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 03:42 PM
LaskoFan
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Trip to Southern Ohio and the Windy 9

Hello all,
I am a recent new member from PA. I have learned a lot from reading many threads. Your knowledge is appreciated.

Each year, a group of four of us head out for a week trip. We have been doing this for the past 10+ years, and you can imagine, we have had a great time riding from Maine to Georgia. One place we have yet to ride in is southern Ohio. I am in charge of making some plans for this year's trip. We are looking to ride from September 4th through September 9th.

Ohio's windy 9 routes have caught my attention. Athens, OH is a central location to many of the roads. What I am looking for is lodging recommendations.

I have reviewed some Airbnb and other alternatives and have not found the right accommodations. Ideally, we would like to stay in a 4-bedroom home close to town, with a garage, If not a single family home, a hotel/motel which caters to the motorcycle community. Again, close to some amenities and Athens is not a requirement. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:26 PM
Perry um
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I went to college in Athens, it's a fun town but you will not find much for lodging.
I would recommend just north of Athens is Hocking Hills, plenty of lodging available there. Just check out the link below, my only word of caution is make sure the cabin is biker friendly,it is hilly in the area so some driveways are pretty challenging on a bike.

https://www.hockinghills.com/cabins.html

Old 11-01-2017, 08:15 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts

Hey LaskoFan. Sorry --- I can't help you with your lodging question, but have you ever spent much time in WV? I'm in upstate PA, and discovered WV last year. Things to do, beautiful scenery, and not a straight road in the whole state! I have family near Columbus (in Delaware OH), and rode from there to Athens & across 50 all the way to Cumberland on my 1st ride through WV. Outstanding! After that I've been there 4 or 5 more times, on different roads. (Couple of us went to Bridge Day 2016) If you have a day or 2 or 3 after southern OH that you need to kill on your way home, and you haven't spent much time riding in WV, I have a few recommends if you're interested. You won't be disappointed!