Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Natchez Trace

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 11:49 AM
nibroc
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 158 Posts

HISTORICAL SIDE AND NO HURRY

stop along the trace 'bout Florence,Al. go to Waterloo,Al. observe how the Indians were forced outa the se USA on to the reservations out west

Old 03-01-2018, 07:28 PM
HDriderDave1
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I ride the trace all the time and heading to Natchez in a few weeks. I run 60-65 most of the time. Always slow down near cities. Stop and see some of the sites for sure. Enjoy your trip!

Old 03-02-2018, 05:35 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeF14
thanks everyone, I am into the historical side, and am in no hurry.
Feel free to reach out to me as the time nears if you need any more specific info for the MS section

Old 03-02-2018, 05:39 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Grandslam
Lots of history along the Trace.

If you like Civil War, definitely visit Vicksburg. There is a museum in the old court house in town that had some really cool stuff. Of course the battlefield. Then down the road there is a museum at Grand Gulf that is ok. Then visit "Windsor Castle" just south of Port Gibson.

Restaurant in Vicksburg, "Number 10 Rooftop B&G" or something like that. Pretty good food and good view.

Old Country Store at near Lorman, MS has some good food for lunch. Kind of pricey but you will not leave hungry.

Natchez is really nice place to visit with some good places to eat.
I love The Old Country Store near Lorman and being entertained by Mr. D and eating his fried chicken. Probably stop in there for lunch this Sunday on a ride from Jackson to Natchez

Old 03-04-2018, 06:09 AM
Grandslam
Road Master
Received 309 Likes on 198 Posts

We rode over to Natchez Friday and ate at Roux 61. Great food. $0.50 oysters on Tuesday.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:19 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Bring a book.....It's the most boring road in the USA.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:44 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member

I have some Honeydos this morning but after lunch I will be on the Trace headed north to Ratliff Ferry. Beautiful weather this weekend for a change should be a lot of bikes out

Old 03-07-2018, 08:22 PM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I have done north to south two times, the first time with friends. They were bored to death. I loved it so the next time I went solo and enjoyed it even more. On the way down I got off the trace and stayed at a little mom and pop motel, don't remember where. In Natchez stop at Fat Mamas. https://fatmamastamales.com

Old 03-07-2018, 11:51 PM
northshore_paul
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Greezey Rider
Bring a book.....It's the most boring road in the USA.
For those that have posted that it is boring, straight as an arrow, slow speed limit, etc., remember tours and rides are like women, what one man may find very attractive doesn't even merit a second look by another. What we find appealing to us is all relative and that is why Baskins and Robbins has so many flavors of ice cream and thankfully between the Far East, Europe, and the USA we have hundreds of different marques of bikes to tickle our fancy. So let's be positive and report the places of interests, the sights, restaurants, stops, etc. that we find appealing and let each determine according to his taste how he likes a particular route. BTW it was my first overnighter many years ago and I really enjoyed all aspects of it, especially no trucks on the Trace. Looking forward to doing it again all the way to Nashville with the wife along this time.

Last edited by northshore_paul; 03-07-2018 at 11:53 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by northshore_paul:
IAmWoody (03-19-2018), road king Q (03-08-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 10:51 AM
rfulford
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Been both ways a couple of times. My favorite is going north from I-20 in Jackson, Mississippi to the end up near Nashville, Tenn. The southern end from I-20 south to Natchez is pretty boring. And like most have said, watch your speed limit....they are out there with nothing to do. Not a lot of traffic on the NTP so I don't know why they are so worried about the speed. I did run into a accident where a pickup pulling a horse trailer had an accident and was blocking traffic a few years ago.

Quick Reply: Natchez Trace