Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Ride from Airbnb to next airbnb

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 09:40 AM
18deluxerider
Tourer
Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts
Smile Ride from Airbnb to next airbnb

Do other riders or groups of riders use airbnb also? I was wondering if it was a thing; that other like minded motorcycle enthusiasts who enjoy riding used as well? My girl and I have used this method several times. We have stayed at other places like hotels and motels; camp grounds when I was younger. I have found that the best experiences have been in houses or cabins with out the bs of hotels. We have found that the privacy is so much more enjoyable as with any experience; it is what you make it. I have found the parking to be so much more flexible and safer for my harley's I seem to always feel much more comfortable with my bike parked in a private drive vs hotel parking lot...

So I enjoyed the airbnb stays so much I decided to start my own. So I was wondering would it be cool to ride from one motorcycle friendly airbnb to the next. I say (Motorcycle friendly) as in the care for parking are treasured steeds.

So could we use this thread to find out if there are other motorcycle people with the same interest. A thread that we can find other like minded hosts and travel from one members residence to the next. amongst ourselves connect here and then be able to talk and communicate? I would not want to violate any rules. So not trying to advertise or any thing, We would be able to learn of others adventures to post our airbnb adventures. as they are different experiences.

Well if any one has any thoughts share. thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Old 02-19-2022, 09:51 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,343 Likes on 10,704 Posts

Not me. Nothing wrong for sure if u do.......but not for me.

When I travel with my wife we sometimes do.

I like the predictability of a Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn has to offer. My bike will ALWAYS be under the portico, there will be a gas station and good food nearby.

The following users liked this post:
TriGeezer (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 10:13 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,342 Likes on 11,167 Posts

Also add Holiday Inn express. But, HGI is my first selection. Most of them have breakfast as well.

Old 02-20-2022, 09:14 AM
18deluxerider
Tourer
Thumbs up I like the freedom.

With airbnb it is like you have your own home. private. I believe it may be a generational thing, Seems the younger generations use other forms of travel stay accommodations. As the freedom to have a place to yourself is much more appealing to me with private parking for my bike. I travel with my bike cover, so i can put it on at night. I am thinking this year I would love to ride out to the Harley Davidson museum; that it may be a three day tour just inside the museum,

Anyone have a special thing to look at in the museum? Something I look forward to specific sights.

So I wrote this thread as because we use airbnb for our trips as it can also book motels. and hotels through airbnb. but it is the private homes that you get use of is really a fantastic experience. Something that is neat cause you get to experience someone else's home. You get to do it your way, At your speed, You are provided with self check in. you do not have to have any one but you and your guests. You get to do what you want. Guess that must just be my thing. The thing about travel is there are so many ways to adventure that everyone can do it there own way.

Old 02-25-2022, 10:39 AM
pgreer
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,359 Likes on 881 Posts

With AirBNB I've been able to arrange for a garage to park my bike in. It's not always available, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Paul

Old 01-21-2024, 11:10 AM
18deluxerider
Tourer

Yes I have now had good and bad experiences with airbnb. They are kind of grimy when booking on dates that are booked you do not know.

So I book a little house for my son and I from lets say sept 23 to 24th. not needed any other date, it books on the app, I get the confirmation, (my bad for not looking at the dates). so I just assume that the booking would have never gone through if the date was booked, it would have said not available. So on the 23rd, I show up and my son. we had all self check in, approach and enter the residence, I note it looks dirty, like someone is occupying the residence, So I grab my phone and open the email. and it says my stay is now from the 24th to the 25. I am now like devastated my son and I now have not the airbnb booking. So we grab our things and back out and lock the door, so I thought. I did not apparently lock the door, and Well let me tell you the story all goes downhill from here. Anyhow my sailboat was on the hard at the marina and we then went there and grabbed a set of sheets each at the walmart and then had a great night.

I did stay at the little house with a composting toilet, guy was a fu*kbag. There was a Cockring hanging next to the master bed, and left a rotten rating for me after I gave him a 5 star rating. I was quite let down but learned alot about the whole experience. Hotel is much better.... why you ask, there is no security for the bike and there is no support from airbnb. I have to say that any hotel I have ever stayed at has encouraged me to park my bike where I feel safe. That means a lot. I like to park in the center of the foyer. off the sidewalk undercover, I place my cover on it, with the approval of the staff at the desk. I found a tip goes a long way with the clerk to just call my room if it is noticed. or some a spot in front of my room, but weather I chose under cover.

Thanks for reading.

Old 01-22-2024, 08:02 AM
Rob Harper
Road Master
Received 2,351 Likes on 722 Posts

If I knew an AirBnb was biker friendly, and had good reviews, I would stay there. I like smaller non-chain places assuming they are nice/clean and in a good area. I'm not really concerned with my bike sitting outside as long as it's safe area.

Old 01-24-2024, 10:35 PM
RGST
Advanced
Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

We use AirBNBs if there are a group of us riding together. When by myself I try to stay in mom and pop park outside my room hotels. Never had a bad experience with an AirBNB but just seems more convenient staying in a hotel/motel when soloing.

Old 01-25-2024, 03:36 PM
chopr147
Tourer
Received 284 Likes on 170 Posts

I have used AirBNB's but never on a solo bike tour.. Doesn't make sense and on the bike I almost never stay more than 1 night. Like RGST said, Mom and Pop places or known hotels like Hampton Inn. Depends on the trip I guess. Also AirBNB with cleaning charge and charge just to charge on top of the amount you thought you were getting etc............No thanks

pgreer (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 07:54 PM
Greg Midi
Road Warrior
Received 1,971 Likes on 787 Posts

We've used AirBnB a few times, it works best when you're staying for an extended period or are gathering with a group of family/friends.

In May of '21, while still in IA, we rode down for a week long family gathering at a log cabin style place a few miles outside of Pigeon Forge TN. The place was beautiful and huge with plenty of room for our whole group. I just left the bike parked under the entry way cover. Although we were the only ones to ride there we took advantage and did some riding around the area including TOTD and Cherohala Skyway.

Our next bike plus AirBnB trip took place in June of '22 when we rode to Destin FL and stayed with a smaller family group. This time it was a condo on the beach. It was a super nice place on the 16th floor overlooking the beach but parking the bike wasn't as great. It wasn't a problem though, I found a parking spot in the lot and threw the cover over the bike for most of the week there.

Great trips but actually for most of the traveling in between we stayed in motels because they're easy to book from an app and, with a few exceptions, the stay is just overnight.

We'll be doing something a little different come this Summer however. My wife has arranged an BnB rental for two months in IA. Either she'll drive the truck with all the stuff we need while I ride or I'll get a trailer to haul the bike. From there we've got another week long family BnB trip planned to Branson MO and we'll probably ride to that.

pgreer (01-26-2024)

Quick Reply: Ride from Airbnb to next airbnb