Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Wyoming Trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Philt
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wyoming Trip

Myself and some friends are plannning a trip to Wyoming the first week of August. In the interest of saving time getting there and because of some health issues that I am experiencing we are going to trailer the bikes out there and spend a week of daily rides to see the sights of this beautiful state.

We will be staying at a KOA campground in Cody, Wy and then checking out all the scenic roads in the area. I'm taking my 8x16' enclosed trailer that I have somewhat converted into a "Toy Hauler" on it's maiden voyage. We will spend the whole 5 days taking daily rides in the area.

I hear there is some awesome scenery there. Yellowstone of course, but there looks like many other rides as well. I think we are taking a road up to Red Lodge, Montana as well.

If anybody knows of a particular ride that we should trake, let me know.

Phil

Old 07-19-2009, 05:30 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you go to Yellowstone avoid the south entrance. We came in from the Grand Teatons and the road is under construction for around 20 miles and more fit for a dirt bike then a touring bike. There is a lot of repairs by the north entrance too. Go to the Big Horn Mts. nice ride from Cody. Take some warm clothes if you ride in the morning. Have fun!

Old 07-19-2009, 07:05 PM
2nd Mike
Tourer

I'm headed that way on the 8th. Probably won't make it to Cody until 11th( I think that's the night we have a room booked for).

Sucks to hear about the construction!

I'm coming in from the south!!
Meeting up with some family in West Yellowstone and then cruising towards Cody,then on to the Black Hills.

Ride safe.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Philt
Road Master

Thanks for the tips!
Phil

Old 07-19-2009, 07:38 PM
jimmie d wad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ride beartooth,chief joseph hyw,heard theres const.in the big horns too.just plan on it and figure you'll take a break then.theres const every where.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:52 PM
whiskeyrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 148 Posts

You also won't be that far from Custers Last Stand. I think that it is about 60 miles from Sheridan. We were there three years ago. I thought that it was very cool. Also a 10,000 foot pass between Cody and Sheridan. There is a way around it,not sure. While in Cody, DO NOT MISS the Cody Museum. Plan most of a day to see it. The gun room is huge and very cool. Also a trip to Devil's Tower. Would be a long day but also very cool. Just a few idea's, hope it helps,WR.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:44 AM
x1wildone
Intermediate
Default cody ,wy

just got back from cody, wy area. the museum is an all day gotta do, cody H.D. has a ride map that will show all the rides in area. Bear tooth and Chief Joseph by ways are a must do. we left yellowstone at the south entrance,yes its under construction but not bad.I need another week in that area.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Philt
Road Master

I had planned on Bear Tooth and Chief Joeseph Hwys. I heard those are some awesome roads. Thanks for all the responses.
Phil

Old 07-20-2009, 12:30 PM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

+i on Big Horn Mountains and the Tetons...and of course the Bear tooth Pass/Cheif Joseph.....

Old 07-20-2009, 01:10 PM
M2hunter
Cruiser

Quick Reply: Wyoming Trip