Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Natchez Trace Trip starts (5-20-11)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 05:03 PM
tlowry
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FlyLow, I'm Tim, Tommy's little and youger brother. Boy is it a small world sometimes. I'm in Jennings, La. I'll tell him I ran into you the next time I'm up there. Should be this summer sometimes. Will let you know the next time we're headed up there, may make a ride down in the south end of the parish. My nephew that I was talking about riding with lives in Monterey. Eric Wike. Has an '05 Road King with tall ape hangars, you may have seen it around down there in the big city. Good to hear from you. Stay in touch.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Michel T
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It was getting warm but probably nothing like it is now. Also sounds like a nice ride above, will remember it. I am going to have to look at some pictures of the John J Audubon Suspension Bridge. Plan on next week to start making some of the videos of the trip.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:05 AM
MJR28
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Michel,
I rode the Nachez Trace with FlyLow in April. It is a quiet ride for sure but beautiful. At the end of it we stopped and had a great feed of crawfish. I don't recall the name of the restaurant but it's right at the finish of the trace. Don will remember the name. If you're hungry when you get there, it's a good feed. Good Luck.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Michel T
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a place I would have loved. There was one restaurant off the Trace in Santa Fe, TN on hwy 7 called Papa Boudreaux’s Cajun Café that I wanted to check out. Even called them before we took off. Only day they were closed was Wednesday, and only day we were near there was Wednesday, sounded like a neat place? The other place was near the end of the Trace too in Leipers Fork I forgot the name of the place, but sure did look good on their website. Both of these were by the end of the Trace. We ended up at the Lovelace Café.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:10 PM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default MudBugs

I think the mudbugs (crawfish) are about out of season. I don't recall the name either of the boiling shack we ate at in Natchez, but as MJR28 says it's right off the end of the Natchez Trace (Natchez end) and almost in WalMart's parking lot.
Don Enlow (FlyLow)