Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

19 days, 33 states and 10,045 miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 09:27 AM
WRE4U
Road Master

Received 225 Likes on 127 Posts

You may have mentioned this before, what is the camera you are using? They are some great pictures!! Thanks for sharing this trip with us, it is truly amazing the time you are putting into this for us couch potatoes!!

Old 08-23-2014, 09:29 AM
9one1
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rinja64
Great adventure. Really like the quality of the pictures. They continue to show just how beautiful our country is. Enjoying the story. Looking forward to the rest of the trip.

Thanks for sharing.
That was a big reason for this trip, I wanted to see as much of our beautiful Country as I could in a short amount of time. I've been through almost every state now either on a motorcycle or in a car with the exception of Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota and Michigan.

I actually had a conservation with a woman I met on my trip about young people wanting to visit Europe but have never even been out of their own state. My father and I were both in the USAF and I actually went to school in Holland (American School) and lived in Germany from 8th grade all the way through HS. I enlisted in Germany, went back the US for Basic Training and Tech School the was sent to England for 2 years. I've seen a lot of Europe and the Middle East thanks to Desert Storm but nothing compares to the variety of scenery and landscapes that our country has, It is truly amazing!

Old 08-23-2014, 09:31 AM
9one1
Tourer

Originally Posted by WRE4U
You may have mentioned this before, what is the camera you are using? They are some great pictures!! Thanks for sharing this trip with us, it is truly amazing the time you are putting into this for us couch potatoes!!

iPhone 5s, GoPro Hero 3 and a Samsung Digital camera with wifi (Walmart Special)

They all worked great.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:36 AM
9one1
Tourer

Originally Posted by glider11
Thank you so much for ride report it is outstanding. Love the pics of GNP can't wait to get up there, hopefully next summer. Your pictures are very motivational.

Be safe
Definitely one of my favs!

Thank you very much! I'm actually copying and pasting this RR into another forum and have gotten maybe 2 replies. Although the forum ADVrider, are more Harley haters than anything else I like reading about guys riding around the world. Talk about *****.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:45 PM
9one1
Tourer
Default Day 10

Halfway point of my trip. It was another early morning as my goals for the day were to hit Mt Rainier NP and Crater Lake NP. Grabbed the luggage dolly and loaded up. The shortest way to hit both would involve some backtracking from Mt Rainier towards Yakima then make my way south. Lots of pictures for this installment!

Enjoy!!

The entrance to Mt Rainier NP

Old 08-23-2014, 12:46 PM
9one1
Tourer
Default Day 10 cont.

Clouds/fogged moved in quick and my views were gone so I move on heading back towards Yakima then south towards Oregon.

I could see these all the way from Mt Rainier to Crater Lake. It was cool.

Columbia River and Oregon border.

A lot of this toward Crater Lake NP

The blue of Crater Lake was just amazing!

More construction heading out.

Campground in Crater Lake were full so I kept going south and found a KOA. It was another great day on the bike.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:45 PM
WRE4U
Road Master

Received 225 Likes on 127 Posts

Thanks for the camera info!! I wrote it down this time. It looks like it takes great quality shots....you also had some impressive subjects to take photos of.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:59 AM
9one1
Tourer
Default Day 11

Left the Klamath Falls KOA and heading south OR39 and then CA139 to CA395 into Nevada and Reno. I had a couple of stops there then took NV431 to North Lake Tahoe. I rode around the west side of the lake looking for a place to camp and found a site in Sugar Pine Point State Park. Nice site but active bears so I was in store for another night of little sleep. I didn't see any (I wasn't looking anyway) but there was definitely a lot of noise. Once I set up I left and found a store to buy some beers. Lake Tahoe was nice but a lot of traffic and construction.

Pee break

Cool campsite!

Big *** pine cones!

Lots of thunder but most of the rain went south of me. But it was a iPad movie kinda evening.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:54 AM
9one1
Tourer
Default Day 12

I left Lake Tahoe and never really captured any good shots of the lake as it was very hazy/smokey from wildfires.

This is probably the best one.

Some fun roads though!

I picked up US50 The Loneliest Road in America. I really enjoyed this road. I love seeing miles of nothing.

A little exploring after nature said you better hurry up and find a spot cuz I'm not waiting! I was riding desert racing style looking for a spot as my clean clothes supply was dwindling.

More desert scenery.

Then...

HD Miller! Cedar City UT KOA. I don't recommend this one. The tent sites were in one big square separated by a gravel walkways and some wood.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:55 AM
9one1
Tourer
Default Day 13

Woke up and after a quick blast down US 15 I was off to Zion NP and Bryce Canyon NP.

Neither one of these parks were on my original to see list but thanks to some campers I met in Bozeman MT from Southern Utah who suggested them I was very happy I added them. My end spot for the day was Moab after hitting Arches NP. I should have come up with a better route from Bryce Canyon to Arches but at least I70 was entertaining especially going 80 mph and hitting tar snakes while you are leaned over 😱! I made to Arches NP and WOW! This was probably my favorite spot on my trip!

Quick Reply: 19 days, 33 states and 10,045 miles