Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Rockford Fosgate Audio (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/rockford-fosgate-audio-196/)
-   -   Harley Amp force update? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/rockford-fosgate-audio/1403701-harley-amp-force-update.html)

Andrew Clark 05-23-2022 07:24 AM

Harley Amp force update?

Is there a way to force update the firmware on the Harley audio by RF amps?

Rockford Fosgate 05-24-2022 09:59 AM

Hello. The amps can only be updated at the dealership via the Digital Tech.

smitty901 05-24-2022 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rockford Fosgate (Post 20628432)

That is not a good thing.

Andrew Clark 05-25-2022 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rockford Fosgate (Post 20628432)

I won’t lie. This was not how I was told this system functioned. Garage ready. Plug and play and so on. I would not have spent the extra money for this system and subwoofers knowing this. Guess that is my fault not researching enough. I installed the system a month ago and made an appointment and first available appointment is June 1… what a joke from both Harley and Rockford.

Andrew Clark 06-02-2022 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew Clark (Post 20630159)
I won’t lie. This was not how I was told this system functioned. Garage ready. Plug and play and so on. I would not have spent the extra money for this system and subwoofers knowing this. Guess that is my fault not researching enough. I installed the system a month ago and made an appointment and first available appointment is June 1… what a joke from both Harley and Rockford.

well thought I would add to my story. I got the system updated and working. Sounds great. I have another issue now. Lost Apple CarPlay when headset isn’t turned on. Before I had the whim and three headsets I could use. Two helmets for me and wife. Half helmet I’d keep for emergencies. CarPlay worked all the time thanks to the whim. However now it has to see the headset turned on to work. So having my cplay2air for wireless phone hookup is kinda pointless as I have to have a charged headset turned on to also be wireless. Use to just get on and go. So if you update radio for subs. Remember this as you’ll lose the ability to have off headsets and CarPlay with whim. Such a pain in the a**. Also if you use the presets in the Rockford app, the bass and treble settings are effected by the gts settings so cranking the bass changes your eq settings. I was expecting the amps to take everything over with this setup and getting a flat eq curve with a built is dsp to modify and it seems it’s just taking whatever the gts puts out and modifying it instead of a direct connection that is flat. Overall it works but I wouldn’t spend the money on this system again. I’d get the radio flashed for flat eq and then do a third party setup. No months long waits and having to have the dealer get involved etc. It’s that big of a deal for me I’m switching to android and getting a wireless adapter for that and forgetting CarPlay altogether.